All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. JJ48

Inert Fat Han

How is it a puzzle in-game? With a mix of pilots synergizing, at least there may be a weak point that you could focus on if you figure it out quickly enough. With this list, what is there to figure out? Either your list is prepared for it or it isn't.
  3. kris40k

Inert Fat Han

For me (and I don't fly it)? I felt that was clear.
  4. for a Magus using the RAW magic rules The first would be conjure it works great but would be limiting on a magus class First it would cost 2 strain to cast the weapon and they would need to concentrate on it sacrificing a maneuver to imbue with abilities These abilities would mimic what would be sorta available in a rune weapon attachment so i think its kinda harsh. I do not know the 5ed version of magus but in pathfinder a magus fought with melee weapons and could cast limited spells through them usually touch spells. There are several ways you could express that class in genesys. Here are 3 suggestions on how to do it. First the Scepter implement or weapon attachment So my suggestion would be that a Magus is a talent that you purchase gives you a magic bond to a weapon of choice that weapon becomes your implement and gains the effects of the scepter. Now narrative you could describe attack spells with the close combat effect as a strike with the weapon i think you are looking for a way to make your magus be able to buff your weapon in some way. One suggestion would be to let the talent also grant the ability to enhance a bonded weapon with the conjure effect in the same way a druid circlet is so the effect remains summoned until the end of the encounter without your character having to use the concentrate maneuver. Make sure it only works for effects and not creatures summoned. Now this will create a talent should prob be tier 2 that gives the player the magus talent access to Magus magic and prob a knowledge skill kinda like the Bard talent ROT p. 87 The talent allows you to create a bonded weapon that combine the magic scepter and some of the effects of druid circlet. Still feel it needs abit more balance. Remember that you are not able to combine the casting with other implements. So maybe limit the magus to only be able to use their bonded weapon as an implement ? Anyways that my 2 coppers for bonded weapons. Second suggestion would to not use the magic system at all but create specific talents for your magus. Like spend 2 strain and gain the burn effect for the rest of the encounter and so on and so forth for the rest of the qualities or effects you want. Third suggestion you could roll the attack spell into the melee attack. Like a special ability or talent for a magus that allows you to: spend 2 strain to increase the difficulty of your next melee attack by x (x being the difficulty of the spell) -2 (for the base melee difficulty) if successful may add the effects of the attack-spell but all damage is resolved like a normal melee attack. All defense for a melee attack would work against this attack. So parry, dodge etc. applies. Basically would let you add the normal 1 difficulty effects for the cost of 2 strain. If this need abit more balance use the suggested threat table for magic use for this combined check GCRB p 211 Hope some of these can be used good luck with the project
  5. My buddies and I played the first 5 missions of the game the other day and we came across a situation. Aragorn attacks an Orc Hunter and then discards Lead the Charge to gain an inspiration and let another nearby hero attack. The question that came up is this, does the Orc Hunter get to counterattack Aragorn before the 2nd attack comes in from the nearby hero, or does the 2nd attack come in immediately after Aragorn's attack and interrupt the counterattack from the enemy? I am assuming that you resolve Aragorn's attack as normal, take the counterattack from the enemy, then the nearby hero gets to attack and would also take a counterattack if the enemy was elite.
  6. JJ48

Inert Fat Han

1. Great, but we're not talking about Fat Han. This thread is specifically about Inert Fat Han (it'seven in the title!). 2. Others have said it, but it bears repeating: it's not a question of whether or not it's OP; it's a question of whether it fits the game. 3. Decloak is pretty potent, sure, but it happens before anyone else moves, so it's not really the same thing. 4. How do you get from, "This particular combination of upgrades and pilot ability is troubling," to, "Iconic ships should be bad!"? 5. Are you saying that NPE and OP are the same thing? If not, what does it matter who wrote it down?
  7. You could always go the Genesys route if you’re so inclined. Probably one of the primary reasons they went with the pyramid. Well, that and the fact that specs are built around the inherent assumptions of the setting, and Genesys is billed as a generic RPG with no default setting. Having said that, I’ll definitely keep the spec trees from Star Wars for Star Wars. Any other setting and I’ll go with the pyramid.
  8. Nor would Rexler Brath's (or other similar effects that expose existing damage cards).
  9. Biophysical

Inert Fat Han

Interesting for who?
  10. I realized recently that I have posted roughly once a week, with a blog-titled topic, and gotten only a couple replies. Most of those topics drift slowly down the front page (a couple of them are still there!) and never generate much conversation. Instead, they tend to just point people toward something to read and then never comment on. Rather than continue that, I am going to simply keep this one thread up, posting new comments on it when new articles come out. Last week, I didn't advertise my post at all, so this time I have 2 articles to share, one of Separatists, and one for Imperials. let me know what you think!
  11. Gaze approaches at a quick pace, surveying the scene as it currently plays out.
  12. Everybody gangsta until Anakin walks in...
  13. Boba is a good pair for Vader or the Emperor because he provides the much needed mobility and flexibility that the Sith lords lack. He can be a skirmisher strategically grabbing objectives while the commander hits like a truck
  14. Hiemfire

WHY FFG!!!!!

It is going to be interesting seeing the likely confusion that you holding this opinion while being willing to openly point out flaws will cause to some. That said, I agree.
  15. svelok

Inert Fat Han

Kanan + Inertial Dampeners, the combo that enables the build this thread is about, is a combo that FFG only enabled a month ago. The build has made the final table of both system opens held since that ruling. It is not any individual characteristic of Han that is specifically overtuned, it's the combination of all them. A Phantom can't stack that movement profile with i6 stressless dial changing and/or large base boosts, a 360 degree turret, unlimited regen, unlimited passive rerolls on defense and offense - give a Phantom all those things, and yeah, the movement profile would turn them into a problem. But, this isn't a thread about "Kanan + ID Han is OP, please nerf". The thread is "Kanan + ID Han is wearing 1.0 clothes, cards > maneuvering game design, that slipped through the cracks and isn't fun or engaging to play against." A lot of posts in this thread seemed to have missed that point, so just to make it clearly: Han in hyperspace is basically fine, he is strong without being degenerate, and not suffering from any problems that can't be fixed by minor point adjustments. But lots of elements of Hyperspace Han are borderline problematic... unlimited rerolls, unlimited regen (R2-D2), etc. The hyperspace card pool keeps those abilities in check, where they're not able to accelerate enough to create a negative experience, so it's all well and good. The addition of Kanan in Extended, with the Kanan+ID change a month ago, catalyzes all those borderline problematic card abilities into one super problematic sum total, that is more damaging to the game than the sum of its parts.
  16. Matt Newman explained that the effect of the original token (e.g., "If you succeed") triggers at ST.4 and thus still applies even if at ST.6 Rex's Curse sends the token (without canceling it) back to the bag. That same reasoning seems to imply that the original token's numerical modifier, which is normally applied at ST.5, would also still apply after Rex's Curse and a second token drawn.
  17. @Vergence seems to have it well in hand based on the last IC post, Gaze will just move up and see what happens next.
  18. We just fail those 3 success challenges over and over and time runs out. (When your looking for the tracks)
  19. Oh, something I forgot to mention: Kanan Crew is amazing and I love putting him on Hera's ship. You just start running into the issue of how many points is one 4-die attack per round worth, or even that plus a 2-3 die attack from a turret.
  20. Yeah we are getting crushed...just a few missed skill tests (rope or mud or tree house) and its over. You get 5-6 maybe 7 total turns with 4 people on the first scenario, which always leave us short of exploring the map or failing multiple challenges. I dont think we've passed one of the tracks challenges on the first go...I mean it depends on who finds it. I believe you need 3 successes which makes it almost impossible..unless we are playing it wrong.
  1. Load more activity