All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I want to like Defenders, but I can never get them to work for me. Every time I fly them, they die in fewer shots than ships with half so much health.
  3. Genesys talents are super easy to mod to whatever you want though. I've been building an Old Republic doc for a coming game and I basically settled on: 1) LS forms are tier 2 - few people will actually start with them, but you can get them fast since they are essential to actually playing the character. 2) Many of the special talents are still linked to a type. For example, Saber Swarm still requires Ataru to use, the Makashi ones require that, etc. 3) Genesys actually majorly prevents talent stacking. There's no "Colossus" where characters can dip around and end up with twice the wounds of anyone else, nor can you realistically crank out tons of Parry and Reflect ranks. 4) my biggest complaint is that Dedication should be a capstone, not a talent, because it's way too important and drowns out almost all other talents regardless of character archetype.
  4. Biophysical

Inert Fat Han

It's worth your time. ... unless your time is worth a lot more than mine.
  5. Love the quality of the printing but the CRBs have pretty bad binding. I’ve had to reapply binding glue to all three of mine. They were getting pretty loose there for a bit. I was actually a bit nervous to even use my AoR CRB due to this. Never had any issue with their smaller books though, and my CRBs are good for the foreseeable future after my fixit job.
  6. JJ48

Inert Fat Han

One of these days I need to get around to watching that.
  7. I would like to start a conspiracy theory that you actually are dead from an overdose of prequel memes. The “return” podcast will be hosted by a CIA pod person Chris... The only way to disprove this would be to start with a 15 minute duel of the Krayts loop followed by 3 hours of whatever the newest Switch game is and 15 minutes of accidental content somewhere around hour 2. No one can replicate a classic Kraytcast except a real Krayt. Content is the enemy, memes for life. FITE ME!! (??)
  8. My two Defender list (pre titles) was freaking awesome. Almost never went to time and predicated on killing things faster than it took damage.
  9. Agreed on 1st and 3rd counts, but they'll still inevitably be coming within a year or two. We have Aphra's bots; we're definitely getting her ship. https://starwars.fandom.com/f/p/3343172654596263434/r/3344233352136394678 Scroll down into the comments. FO Bomber is by the head of the girl on the lower right. Much like the TIE/sa but with the wings bent outwards instead. Kind of a cool design.
  10. Odanan

What's coming next?

Too little information on that one. I didn't find this image. Can anyone share, please? This is one of the most ungainly and ugly designs in the Star Wars universe (counting Legends).
  11. Barc with 5 hit points and red defense die has 1 more efficient hitpoint than the 6 hit points bikes with white defense point plus surge. So the BARC would be a bit tankier than the speeder bikes already. Also since it doesn't half its damage after 3 hits I would say that they can put out equal dmg even though BARC has about 1 less dmg at first. Further Critical 2 is better than surge to hit since the chance that you get 3 surges on 4 dies is VERY slim. All in all it has more health, better surge and does about equal dmg (or just a bit less) when it is not focused down in one round and all it looses is impact 2. So it should cost around 90 pt like bikes.
  12. Thanks! I might bump Leia up a bit on my overall priority list, but I’ll probably get one of most expansions eventually anyways, and by the time I’m playing in local tournaments I’m sure I’ll have a better idea of whether I’ll need those cards. So I’ll probably just ignore the card pack until then
  13. Posted to my personal thread, but this one needs love, too. Just magnetized the one; now to decide if the older repaint needs the treatment too.
  14. In each article written by Fantasy Flight to explain, introduce or increase hype for each item I listed, it states what quarter these things will be coming out (at the very bottom of each article usually in bold print). The CW is stated to come out in the third quarter, and everything else is to come out in the second quarter. The second quarter is from April to June. There aren’t enough months to put things out at a one per month release schedule.
  15. Well, there is the old gaming industry joke of "how do you make a small fortune? Take a large fortune and start a gaming company." As with any business, it's a matter of striking a balance between cost of services and quality of services. Food industry is a prime example of this in action; if one goes to a Five Star restaurant, one is generally assured of having an excellent meal, but you're going to pay through the nose for it. Conversely, one could easily afford to eat at McDonalds or Taco Bell without breaking the bank, but you're not getting top quality food either, and you body will probably not thank you for trying to subsist solely upon fast food offerings. Apart from Ghosts of Dathomir's issue with the covers, the printer that FFG is using seems to be doing a fairly good job. If anything, the real problem seems to be with getting the books shipped overseas from the printer to the FFG's warehouses. Now if it is true that the issue with RotS is one with the shipping company (books damaged/destroyed in transit), then the printer isn't under obligation to drop everything to do a new print run. FFG did have a similar problem with a couple of their shipments being literally stuck on the boat when the shipping company they'd been using went bankrupt, resulting in entire shipments being locked down (this resulted in Cyphers & Masks being delayed as FFG had to order a brand new print run as the original one had effectively been lost for the foreseeable future), as well as a number of their products being delayed due to a dock worker's strike a couple years ago, again a factor that is beyond the control of the printing company.
  16. Boom Owl

Inert Fat Han

How on earth did it take this long for someone to post that GIF?
  17. Bucknife

Inert Fat Han

....but Handbrake Han is so fun.....
  18. Yeah, he hasn't read any of the rest of the thread, lol.
  19. If you're buying most or all of everything for one faction then you will probably be okay not buying the card pack. You will miss out on Leia's upgrade cards (esteemed leader, environmental gear and commanding presence). Honestly, the pack might be worth a buy if only for extra copies of recon intel and environmental gear if you are planning on playing in tournaments. Otherwise you can just proxy.
  20. Anybody that is flying Republic what are the options? I'm seeing all sorts of chatter "V19's are bad" "Deltas are bad" etc. But what has worked for you? I have 1 Hero of the Republic, 1 Aethersprite ex Pac and one Republic Arc + 1 Rebel Arc. I'm thinking about 1 sprite, 2 torrent and an Arc for my first list. (Though I would like an Ani and Obi lost) I've been theory crafting and considering Ahsoka, D7, battle meditation. 2 Blues with Juke and Wolfie, maybe with a vet tail gunner.
  21. Let's try this again. Spent a little time today magnetizing an Aggressor. Now to decide if I'm going to attempt to magnetize the older, repainted one, or even to paint the new one....
  22. Cuz05

Inert Fat Han

In summary. Fat Han is interesting and OK. Obese Han is unhealthy and needs to go on a diet.
  23. Genius on a low initiative Y-wing with afterburners to skip-bomb a proton or seismic charge - only works once (twice if you're REALLY lucky) but it is on a cheap bomber that goes on to block enemy ships into the danger zone. Make sure you channel Tom Cruise while you do it....
  1. Load more activity