All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. funny thing at first before the dial upgrade kit the dial type was printed not in the center hole but around it so you would be able to tell what dial it is. Now the dial type is printed on the center kit which is odd since there is also dial upgrade kits but it can make it easy to get a dial mixed up. I don't know who had the brilliant idea of moving the dial type to the center hole but there clearly are some unforeseen repercussions for that idea.
  3. So I was playing someone tonight who had Quickdraw with Afterburners and Pattern Analyzer (only upgrades relevant to my question). He dialed in a 3-sloop with Quickdraw, then did this next: Afterburners for a boost, Pattern Analyzer for a Focus linked to a Rotate Arc, then gain the stress from the 3-sloop. Was this timing done correctly? I don't fly FO, so I don't use Pattern Analyzer at all and am not familiar with the timing of the card.
  4. I don't get to sit as a player much, and when I do it tends to be in systems I'm not as familiar with. I always brush up on the rules so I'm not fumbling or asking for help on basics.
  5. I think my player with the most XP just hit 640. I still have no trouble challenging the group. He went down from one very good hit from a Stormtrooper minion group. Granted he's a Doctor/Gunslinger and definitely a glass cannon. I am planning to slow earned XP a bit now that they're hitting three specs, or two and a Signature Ability, or two and some Force powers. But I agree with many that these characters really just recently hit their stride. There's still much more to explore both narratively and build-wise. On the other hand, you could also play a very satisfying campaign within 300-500 earned XP. The game scales any way you want.
  6. The Green Ronin Dragon Age RPG would be a really solid source of inspiration, it's a pretty solid game in its own right.
  7. Any particular tow cable interaction rules? Where did you get the AT-AT's? Printed?
  8. It is at the point now where I cannot even remember the names of the new films. They are not very memorable tbh. 7 was okay for a reboot, a kind of SW paint-by-numbers. 8 was just terrible, a bad film and a bad SW film. 9 looks like it will be as bland as 7, so i'll wait to see it in a few years tv. The original trilogy was by no means perfect, but its imperfections did not distract from the overall enjoyment of the story. The ewoks defeat of the empire was just plain silly, but I can forgive that as it was the last film and they ended with a firework display
  9. Copyright violations are just that, not theft. Same as jaywalking isn't driving under the influence and embezzlement isn't treason. How does it harm FFG if I order a third-party Han in Hoth costume, using the cards and tokens from the FFG Han I purchased? Or if I order a conversion kit from shapeways that allows me to better pose the FFG AT-ST, and have a crewman peeking out from the top hatch? IMO it only adds to the visual appeal of the game - even driving sales from onlookers - and as such FFG/Disney would do well to look the other way while it's still in a grey area. Now if someone was 3d-scanning or making molds off of FFG miniatures, selling those alongside home-printed cards and tokens, that would be another matter entirely.
  10. I want to try a baron with the passive sensor, ion missile and marksmanship in a list next to a Omicron group pilot. The trick could be: Omicron move and coordinate a focus on the baron ( is charge is active so he can). baron activate rush in combat against the higher init he can find then use passive sensor because not range 3. If he survives first engagement he should be able to ionise the bigger threat and arcdodge it for the second round and get a great r1 bullseye shot. It could be worth 40/45 points.
  11. Additionally: 2 missions will be available at a time. "Perfectly Legal" is still active. It's Not a Trap: Initiate 2 or more naval battles where you enjoy a 40% or greater advantage.
  12. version 2.0 Han Solo (Scum) (54) Trick Shot (2) Qi'ra (2) Tobias Beckett (2) Rigged Cargo Chute (4) Engine Upgrade (7) Lando's Millennium Falcon (6) Ship total: 77 Half Points: 39 Threshold: 6 L3-37 (Escape Craft) (26) Tactical Officer (2) Ship total: 28 Half Points: 14 Threshold: 2 Asajj Ventress (76) Heightened Perception (3) 0-0-0 (5) Rigged Cargo Chute (4) Shadow Caster (6) Ship total: 94 Half Points: 47 Threshold: 5 Total: 199 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!89:133,,55,62,,96,107,152:;95:,61,:;125:72,63,,96,,160:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=
  13. Turn 6 hyperpings at B1, B2, O, dsP, N2, W, dsC, X1, C1, D2, F1, F2 and G1. A GNIPian fleet engages a Wookiee expeditionary force over G1. 226 pts GNIPian (A) vs 184 pts Wookiee (D) equals a 10% attacker's advantage, or -1. A 5 is rolled and converted into a 4. Attacker takes 20% casualties, defender 50%. A GNIPian Pelta C is scarred. The Wookiees lose a Pelta C, and another is scarred. Although the Wookiees are obliged to retreat and G1 is under blockade, the battle itself will one day serve as inspiration for the holovid hit Raiders of the Lost Arq. Turn 7 is now live; orders are due in 48 hours.
  14. In 1.0 Epic generics were very strong. If you put an ace on the board it’d be focussed down in a round. With generics you lose one so what? The next one is just as good and there are plenty of them. The idea of pairing ace with generics is not only a sensible idea for rule to speed up 2.0 Epic gameplay but also probably a more efficient choice.
  15. Immune to player card effects is generally used on enemy cards. But you can still cancel their shadow card
  16. I've had great success with this list. I got second place in our local league with a 6-0 record. TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 44 Inquisitor - (38) Concussion Missiles (6) Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle - •Colonel Jendon - 57 •Colonel Jendon - Darth Vader’s Shuttle Pilot (46) Jamming Beam (0) •Emperor Palpatine (11) TIE Advanced v1 - •Seventh Sister - 54 •Seventh Sister - Sadistic Interrogator (46) Fire-Control System (2) Concussion Missiles (6) TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 44 Inquisitor - (38) Concussion Missiles (6) Total: 199/200 View in the X-Wing Squad Builder
  17. Well, I'm pretty sure if you ask FFG nicely, they won't touch the cards in your deck. Or maybe they don't care and they'll do whatever they want. With them, you never know.
  18. In 4 player game, you can have more than 3 test of will to cancel treacheries (if there is not only 1 player who have the game). And yes, location management is highly recommended in 4 player games.
  19. This is the first time I feel let down by the new L5R fiction. This story does not show the Crane as graceful and clever. Rather, both Asami and Kuzunobu act more like Crab courtiers — saying blunt, rude things because they can count on other, more courteous samurai being too embarassed to sink to the same level. As usual, the Lion are meant to be the butt of a joke, which is irritating enough. But ironically, it is actually the Crane who end up coming off poorly in a story apparently meant to spotlight their talent for parlay.
  20. pakirby

Arc Dodge 101

What app/website did you use to make the map/ship/arc images?
  21. Today
  22. Quiz at 48 would be awesome. Honestly at that price I’d fly him naked as a budget closer. I think imperial 4xI5 will be a real thing soon, it just takes a few tweaks to get there. I don’t think he’s that bad. If you use him up close and arc-dodge properly, you shouldn’t need his ability. If you screw it up though, you’ll be glad to have both force tokens around. And then he also lets you choose to snipe or knife-fight, and his excellent dial and linked boost let you switch between those at the drop of a hat. Definitely overpriced right now, but potential to be amazing at a lower cost! Seriously, the same cost as Wedge with R4 and Predator? Whose idea was that?!
  23. As you say, his die may be poor for his cost, but you're paying for the 13 health and guardian. I'd say he's worth playing with a single die at 12 points, with another scoundrel for the guardian ability, just to get him to 6 damage quickly. And these days, there are plenty of scoundrels to pair him with. I'd probably go three wide, maybe with Enfys's Marauder and a 10 point character in another color, since you're only doing one Chewie die. You'll have a ton of health to tank while going for a slow, steady attack, which seems to be what Chewie was built for.
  1. Load more activity