All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think those who question Anakin's willingness forget two things. 1: His love for Padme is beyond love, it's full blown obsession and later posession. He will do anything to save not only what he loves, but what is his. What does he do the minute she is not his? 2: That The Dark Side is very powerful, and Anakin let it ovetake him in the terribly vain hope he could save Padme. Everything Anakin did, he did to save her. To him there was no cost too great... And to those who've watched Clone Wars, it's clear that any threat to Padme is responded to, by Anakin, with barely held back murderous intent.
  3. It makes not much sense since 2T is almost finish. Anyway, the X-34 is also in 2T but was already released in the english web.
  4. gadwag

Resistance 5's

Before the Game Resistance 5s is a good all-rounder list, decent at both jousting and repositioning, but it is a master of neither. You need to work out what your list does better than the i5s and use that to your advantage. Example 1: superior jousting. A TIE swarm simply out-jousts the resistance 5s. If your local 5s players fly all their ships together in a block, you can just fly right at them and wipe them off the map. Don't chase them through the asteroids - learn how to slow roll your swarm and make them come to you. Remember that the resistance ships have to move fast. I have been present at at least 3 games where resistance 5s were soundly outjousted - once against a TIE swarm, once against rebel beef, and once against imperial 5x5 (maarek with fcs and crack, howl, scourge, mauler, duchess all with crack). Example 2: superior positioning. As others have mentioned, i6 aces can deal with the 5s by arc dodging them. Watch out for blocks from the 5s as you do, especially if you get in close. Lower initiative ships (such as generic TIEs, torrents, or vipers) can also block the 5s, which is a really handy tactic. Example ace squads to consider: Jedi+Torrents, Vader+Soontir+Scimitars with mines, triple imperial aces If you think your list is worse at jousting and worse at positioning than the resistance 5s, think about what your list is good at. Does it have a trick it can leverage against them? What was your winning plan when you built the list? i5s is a fairly common meta list, so you should have them in mind when designing your squad. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On the Table Know the dials of the resistance 5s, and anticipate likely moves. A-wings: these have a 5 straight, but are unlikely to use it when in formation with x-wings. If they barrel roll, they can't modify dice, and they can't barrel roll after a boost. They can only rotate arc as a linked action, which sometimes limits their options (eg. I need to focus for defense and boost out of r1, but if I do then my arc is pointing the wrong way). If you put pressure on them (but don't overcommit to the chase!) they have to make awkward choices. This is especially true of Lulo. A-wings also love to fly past your ships for r1 shots out the back. You may not be able to prevent this, but if you line up the angles right you can buy yourself 1-2 turns before the a-wing turns around and rejoins the fight. X-Wings: these have a 1 straight, but are unlikely to use it while flying in formation with the a-wings. They can only barrel roll with closed wings. The main trick to watch here is for the stressless turnaround: a talon roll from ello and anything from nien that gets him r1 in arc (and remember he can boost too). Try and spot these turnarounds coming so you can block or dodge them. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- tl;dr figure out what your list does better than the 5s, watch for turnarounds/flybys, remember they love to boost but not roll
  5. Any word if there is going to be an S foil mod for Bwings? Wondering if I will have to buy Bwings to get them if so.
  6. Three other players in Cochise Squadron and myself recently played a 1200-point Sector Fleet game to try out the new format. I played of the Rebels side with Leia Organa as my commander, with my teammate choosing Mon Mothma. Below are our lists: Commander: Mon Mothma Assault: Most Wanted Defense: Contested Outpost Navigation: Dangerous Territory CR90 Corvette A (44) • Mon Mothma (30) • Engine Techs (8) • Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) • Jaina's Light (2) = 91 Points MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • Major Derlin (7) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Concussion Missiles (7) • H9 Turbolasers (8) • Foresight (8) = 97 Points MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • Walex Blissex (5) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Concussion Missiles (7) • H9 Turbolasers (8) • Admonition (8) = 95 Points MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • Lando Calrissian (4) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Concussion Missiles (7) • H9 Turbolasers (8) = 86 Points Pelta Assault Ship (56) • Engine Techs (8) • Intensify Firepower! (6) • External Racks (3) = 73 Points CR90 Corvette A (44) • Engine Techs (8) • Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) = 59 Points CR90 Corvette A (44) • Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) = 51 Points GR-75 Medium Transports (18) • Slicer Tools (7) • Quantum Storm (1) = 26 Points GR-75 Medium Transports (18) • Comms Net (2) = 20 Points Squadrons: = 0 Points Total Points: 598 ---------- Commander: Leia Organa Assault: Most Wanted Defense: Contested Outpost Navigation: Dangerous Territory Pelta Assault Ship (56) • Leia Organa (38) • Ray Antilles (7) • Projection Experts (6) • Shields to Maximum! (6) • External Racks (3) = 116 Points MC80 Assault Cruiser (114) • Strategic Adviser (4) • Projection Experts (6) • Early Warning System (7) • Electronic Countermeasures (7) • Leading Shots (4) • Quad Battery Turrets (5) • Home One (7) = 154 Points MC80 Assault Cruiser (114) • General Draven (3) • Projection Experts (6) • Early Warning System (7) • Electronic Countermeasures (7) • Leading Shots (4) • Quad Battery Turrets (5) • Defiance (5) = 151 Points GR-75 Medium Transports (18) • Toryn Farr (7) • Bright Hope (2) = 27 Points GR-75 Medium Transports (18) • Boosted Comms (4) = 22 Points Squadrons: • 8 x YT-2400 (128) = 128 Points Total Points: 598 My list was designed to tank Imperial ISDs while the MC30s came in and finished them off. I changed from taking Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet and Engineering Team to Home One and Projection Experts to aide to the other ships around the MC80s, especially if our opponent choose to focus on one or ignore them both. ---------- Our opponents chose Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin as their commanders. Below are their lists: Commander: Darth Vader Assault: Defense: Navigation: ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112) • Darth Vader (36) • Strategic Adviser (4) • Gunnery Team (7) • Spinal Armament (9) • H9 Turbolasers (8) = 176 Points ISD Cymoon 1 Refit (112) • Wulff Yularen (7) • Intensify Firepower! (6) • Gunnery Team (7) • H9 Turbolasers (8) • Spinal Armament (9) = 149 Points Victory I (73) • Ordnance Experts (4) • External Racks (3) = 80 Points Victory I (73) • Ordnance Experts (4) • External Racks (3) = 80 Points Gozanti Assault Carriers (28) • Comms Net (2) = 30 Points Gozanti Assault Carriers (28) • Comms Net (2) = 30 Points Squadrons: • 6 x TIE Fighter Squadron (48) = 48 Points Total Points: 593 ---------- Name: Peter Sector Fleet Faction: Imperial Commander: Grand Moff Tarkin Assault: Close-Range Intel Scan Defense: Fighter Ambush Navigation: Solar Corona Victory II (85) • Grand Moff Tarkin (38) • Minister Tua (2) • Gunnery Team (7) • Disposable Capacitors (3) • Quad Battery Turrets (5) • Heavy Ion Emplacements (9) • Corrupter (5) • Early Warning System (7) = 161 Points Gladiator I (56) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Concussion Missiles (7) = 67 Points Gladiator I (56) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Concussion Missiles (7) = 67 Points Arquitens Light Cruiser (54) • Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) = 61 Points Arquitens Light Cruiser (54) • Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) = 61 Points Arquitens Light Cruiser (54) • Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) = 61 Points Squadrons: • Captain Jonus (16) • Major Rhymer (16) • 2 x TIE Bomber Squadron (18) • 2 x TIE Interceptor Squadron (22) • 3 x TIE Defender Squadron (48) = 120 Points Total Points: 598 Our opponents apparently didn't discuss strategy that much before hand, but it eventually came down to pointing the triangles straight at the MC80s and move forward. ---------- The Imperials had initiative, picked to go first, and chose our Contested Outpost Objective. This was good because I was already planning to just tank with my MC80s, so might as well be doing it around the station for victory tokens. I set my entire fleet in the center while my teammate chose the side best to take out the Arquitens conga line before it got to me. Tarkin's Victory-II flagship was well out of the way to play a significant role, which was great because the MC80s were already going to be taking shots from a Cymoon and two Victory-Is. Round 1: Everyone cautiously moves forward at speed two. No engagement. Rebels get a victory token from the objective. Round 2 : My GR75s activate six YT-2400s, which pouch on and kill some TIE Fighters that were left alone as well as start to damage the front of one of the Victory-Is. My MC80s move onto the station and get ready to receive incoming fire (Shields to Maximum, Projection Experts, and Leia-infused Repair dials keep them at full health). Because of Defiance's Early Warning System, Tarkin's bombers go to Defiance's stern and against some of the YT-2400s, getting serious flak from the GR75s. The Cymoon and Victory-Is move in to overwhelm Defiance's defenses, with one of the Victory-Is blocking it from moving forward. The first casualty comes in the form of an Arquitens that is taken down by Home One. A CR90A is also taken out by Vader's flagship. Rebels get a victory token from the objective. Round 3: This was the bloodbath round. After getting pummeled by the two Victory-Is with External Racks and the Cymoon, Defiance eventually goes down, but it takes one of the Gladiators down with it. The Cymoon also takes out Bright Hope (and Toryn Farr). Admonition and the unnamed MC30 both get destroyed by Vader's flagship, while Foresight retaliates and destroys one of the Arquitens. The Pelta also finishes off the remaining Gladiator by ramming it a second time with Engine Techs. The YT-2400s are all still alive, slowly taking down the rest of the TIE Fighters and some TIE Interceptors. Imperials get a victory token from the objective. Round 4: Tarkin's flagship finally gets in the fight and destroys a GR75 with its disposable capacitors. With the support of some YT-2400s, Home One pushes forward, taking down a Victory-I and the remaining Arquitens. The Cymoon also manages to destroy the Pelta, Leia's flagship. Vader's flagship also manages to take out another CR90A and a GR75. While not destroying anything outright, Foresight leaps into the fray, engaging the Victory-Is. Things are not looking good for the rebellion. Imperials get a victory token from the objective. After playing for almost seven hours, we called it at the start of Round 5. Home One was caught between two Cymoons, Foresight was on minimal shields coming up to two Victory Star Destroyers and a lot of Imperial bombers. Mon Mothma's CR90A flagship was in medium range of a Cymoon front arc and another's long range front arc. Given that it looked like only our Pelta, a GR75, and the majority of my YT-2400s would escape, we decided to end the game. Thoughts: Sector Fleet is extremely fun, but tiring (at least at 1200 points). All four of us were thoroughly exhausted after finishing. I highly recommend making sure that you not only give yourself enough time to get in the full game, but to try to keep the pace going as much as possible so as to not make the game drag on. Since it is a team game (at least 2v2 or 3v3), I would highly recommend talking with your teammates about lists that compliment one another (you should be doing this anyways so you don't double up on uniques) as well as basic strategy for deployment and maneuver. While you are certainly going to be ramming your opponent's ships due to the number of ships on the board, you definitely don't want to be ramming your teammates ships or your own due to poor planning. Lastly, given the number of ships and the prevalence of flak, squadrons did not seem to play a very important role in this game. Maybe they came in too late, maybe there was a lack of massing fire, or maybe even the reduction in their max percentage in a list (33% to 25%), but their role seemed to be limited much more than was expected in a game this size. Hope you enjoyed the BATREP and I'll be posting more of these in the future!
  7. I imagine a bunch of quadjumpers and 4-Lom in the G1-A would drive some folks nuts.
  8. Today
  9. Make no mistake; I love Qui-Gon. I agree he was definitely a Light Side User and a great example of what a Jedi should be (Maybe the best). However he was racking up Conflict fast in EP.1. He uses the Force to convince a NPC to give his an on'bunko. Then uses it to protect a criminal from getting punished (OK maybe that doesn't count but he rolled a Despair on the Discipline check), he again tries to uses the Force to cheat Watto into taking worthless money. Encourages and helps a child to run in a life and death race for pretty selfish reasons and then straight up cheats Watto. Now, maybe he was rolling 10s the whole time or this was just a rough mission but if that's he normally operated like Master and Apprentice hint at, he probably wasn't a Paragon.
  10. 1. None. You can just use Brawn without any ranks in the Lightsaber skill. You can get better by spending XP for skill ranks. There are also Talents that represent added tricks, also purchased with XP. 2. You need the Influence Basic Power and the Control Upgrade for the mind trick. Once you have this, there is training and practice in buying further into the tree as represented with spending XP. 3. You need the Move Basic Power.Once you have this, there is training and practice in buying further into the tree as represented with spending XP.
  11. Since Shoretroopers have that lovely training upgrade, is it worth trying to put hunter or endurance on? Would Comms Tech + Uplink be worthwhile, or a points sink?
  12. Mortar launcher was revealed on a podcast that they will be a Corps option not support.
  13. I hope that the release of Wave IV sees a tweak to CIS points overall, in particular to make Grappling Struts free for Vultures even if it means increasing the cost of the basic Vulture by 1.
  14. I think the main reason they won't do an emergency update is two-fold. First, I think it's not an emergency. Quad Phantoms are too good, but they've been too good since before January. It's a popular list and it wins a lot, so it'll almost surely get knocked down a peg or two, but is it the kind of thing shutting down play and driving lists out of the game due to unavoidable first-turn shenanigans? Also, Triple Upsilon got the nerfhammer hard because it was mostly just shenanigans, rather than a more traditional "just plain good" list. That one gimmick of plastering an opponent on the first turn, even if there were a decent number of ships/lists which could beat it, entirely closed the door on a lot of strategies. Phantoms aren't like that. They aren't some exploit or one-trick-pony sort of list. They're just strong ships for the price, with more firepower and maneuverability than they should be able to afford. They're too popular and too strong, and probably almost no one thinks Phantoms will go without nerfs. But it's not an "X-Wing could be literally unplayable for 5 months" situation. It just isn't. Second is timing. They have to release a new wave pretty soon, and we're not long off from the scheduled points update in July. Triple Ups nerf came like pretty shortly after the update (so 5 months before the next major revision). Since the July update and Wave 4 releases are coming up fairly soon, and we know FFG is going to address things in that time-frame, I think players will wait. If FFG had regularly scheduled nerf updates when Triple Jumps were an issue, the Forums probably would have been a quieter place. At the latest, there's going to be a major metagame shake-up in like a month and a half. I also am not sure it's the right to call it a 'precedent.' That word tends to carry with it an expectation not just that it happened once, but that it serves as a guide for their future actions. Here's their statement at the time: "X-Wing players should expect relatively few of these intermittant [sic] updates as we remain focused on the two yearly updates in January and July." It's pretty clear they don't intend to do Upsilon-like nerfs often. They're trying tell us that it almost surely won't happen. I'll add this: if FFG does ever add bans, I hope they're pretty few and far between. The only two I can think of off the top of my head would be R2-D2 and Inertial Dampeners together, and Leebo/C-3PO.
  15. @Sharkbelly @Alpha17 @Mep Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate it @Alphabonnie101/TheHeroking No magnets this time. Did for the Speeder, but couldn't be bothered for this guy haha
  16. Tallarn Sand I believe, with Agrax Earthshade wash & highlights.
  17. Yeah it’s one of the limitations of the forum. You have to upload the image to imgur and copy the forum link here.
  18. Just playing around with this, liking so far. Question though. How would you handle Reverse Engineering (spend T on a Mechanics check to add 1 HP)? Would this only be allowable during assembly or per phase? I have my thoughts but am hoping to get the groups first.
  19. The other cool thing my friend was using: one or two copies of Swarm Tactics. Going for even THREE Swarm Tactics might be pretty sweet. Everyone shoots at 6 for some nasty Init-kills? Starting with Wedge/Cassian/Braylen, you'd have 43 points for the 4th ship (46 if they're carrying Swarm Tactics themself, rather than on Cassian). Dutch or Horton Salm with ICT (no gunner) seems like it would be decent, or Jake, or maybe an Init 3 generic B-Wing. Would a generic B-Wing even be better than Jake? The B can hit harder, and Cassian/Leia obviates any issues with it's dial, but Jake adds a lot of flexibility.
  20. I think you have some great suggestions, especially your explanations on how to “ban” certain cards on certain ships and still possibly allowing the card still to be used on other ships. As you mention I think using the app this type of removal or ban should be able to be able to be accomplished easily and make setup of lists easy to navigate without those cards showing for those pilots/ships. As to the estimated points release FFG has set a precedent to do emergency changes with Upsilon Shuttles. Do I think they will, I don’t know but if they don’t tweak some cards/pilots then the meta will remain stale and fall into the trap 1.0 did during Wave 8 with Triple Jumps. I’m looking at you Quad Phantoms.
  21. To use a lightsaber? To use the mindtrick? To move things with the Force? I'm curious to see how this is handled in your game. Do you have training required for anything? What about practice? I'm not talking about game mechanics, just how it is handled in description and Role-Play.
  22. I will give it a try this week , Once done with the debris, I also understand why you dont want it in versatile. Yes this is sumthing I m seriously thinking about, If a get a printer it's going to be around the end of this summer.
  23. apply republic Arc point-scaling to name pilots with potent (re: dice modding) abilities! provided we aren't talking about fodder ships, ofc
  24. My guess? Whenever the Wave 4 ships get points (probably not before 13th June, since the 6th release date has been squashed). I know FFG has discussed doing twice-yearly updates (six months from the last major revision would be late July), but there's enough data that it probably wouldn't be too early to drop the points in mid-Juke (hah! Freudian slip!) mid-June with the Wave 4 release. I don't think it'd be too soon in terms of either FFG having enough insight into over- and under-performing cards, as well as not really far off the "every 6 months" schedule they appear to be on. This is a list which cannot be addressed by points alone. Rebel Beef and Quad Phantoms all need a few tweaks (I'd send probably all the standard pilots in both lists up by 2 points, plus Leia up 4-6 points), but are easily fixable by points. So while Han like most Init 6 ships could use a small bump up in price, I don't think any adjustments are really needed to most of the core upgrades in that list (R2-D2 should go up some... he's got power more like in the 10-12 point range). Han's Inertial Dampeners is kind of just too strong of a combo. If it's up to me, I ban the combo of R2-D2 crew and Inertial Dampeners on any ship. Ban lists are something they haven't done yet, but I think it'd be a nice tool in their pocket. They've done something pretty similar in L5R and other card games, and I think it'd be nice here. It will always happen a few fundamentally broken combos slip through the playtesting cracks, and banning specific combos will, in some cases, be just better than removing slots or pricing upgrades into oblivion. Those destroy a lot more than the combos. For instance, C-3PO should be banned on Leebo, and Leebo should get his crew slot back. I can't think of any other crew I want to run on Leebo, but the fact that he can't run *any* is kind of an insult, when C-3PO and only C-3PO was causing issues. That doesn't mean every point or slot change they've made should be undone in favor of a ban. TIE Phantoms are probably better off with Gunner over Crew, however, rather than just a Ban on Vader crew. But it would be nice to see a few more gunners which actually do something on a front-arc ship. The thing about a banlist which would work really well is that it'd be a tool for FFG to use in balance that would be pretty quick, nearly as quick as points adjustments, as opposed to longer and more difficult stuff like errata and rules updates.
  1. Load more activity