All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Six TIE swarm seems fairly popular in hyperspace
  3. posting this again for clarity. 1. the dial is revealed by flipping it up. it is then placed next to the ship. this is the revealed dial. it seems like the revealed dial can be changed by other effects, but that's not entirely clear. this is done by effects such as hera syndullas or r2-a6s. 2. the ship executes the maneuver that's on the revealed dial. there are replacement effects for this, such as intertial dampeners or ved foslo. please note that these cards use the word instead to indicate they are indeed replacement effects. 3. ya, we're no longer discussing the revealed dial, just go ahead an perform an action or two, why don't you?
  4. And how much list design gets used by Tie Fighters? Not much. Especially rarely are they the best pick as non-swarm.
  5. You're right about the atrocities, I just got the impression that you were white washing Japan. Sorry if I misinterpreted you.
  6. Honestly, yeah in kinda in agreement here The beginning of 2nd Ed was a fair bit shaky with its cheapo wombo-combos (redline, boba with han gunner, Palob etc). Even if they were nowhere near 1st Ed misery it wouldn't have been the best precedent to keep So I'm glad FFG came down on these pieces. Even if the current environment isn't perfect, it's shown FFG's willingness to step in and curb some of the nonsense. better still is the design of the prequel factions which I feel are impeccably balanced around a player's decision making rather than passive modifiers (...other than Hate) Don't think we really gotta fear "combo-wing," least not remotely to the extent of the monstrous horror of last edition. Plus Torrents got their "Howlrunner" in Sinker 😛
  7. Agreed. Until you run the math. Form=Tree cost+10 for Out of Career, +15 for Talents. Outcast costs = Tree cost + 45 for Talents. Getting the Renegade Form talent costs 20XP more than just going for an actual form.
  8. It's like an FCS, plus Double repositioning soontir doesnt get a lock action. Or take a lock + boost/roll, get bullseye for focus. Only have 1 blank? predator reroll. Also, combined with Vessery, soontir may not want to spend his lock.
  9. Didn't get to look again for long but found these two things: Aqua Battle Droid has brawn 3 and a soak of 7 with no armor or anything listed. Not the end of the world, but thought I'd include it. LM-432 Crab Droid should have a soak of 8, WT of 21 and M/R Defense of 1/1 as per Rise of the Separatists.
  10. We killed a couple hundred thousand Phillpino's after we "liberated" them from the Spanish just two generations previous to Japans invasion. We invaded the Hawaiian Kingdom with Marines and (eventual annexed it) at the request of American Ranchers around the same time. We where busy carving up China (and had Marines on the ground in the Boxer rebellion) along with England, France, Russia and Germany during that time as well. Maybe the Japanese went the old adage "better our crooks than theirs", they Asian Co-prosperity Sphere was their attempt at being that crook an Asian, crook not a European one. The countries they invaded where all European colonial possessions at the time, Japan was acting like an Empire that wanted their sphere of influence, which is the same impulse that gave us the Monro Doctrine (which I'm sure South America still doesn't much care for as we are still meddling there). As for atrocities who invented firebombing of cities (the English, followed by America), Nuclear bombs and used them (America). WWII was full of asshats.
  11. Luke was also a lot better when he didn't have to spend 24 points on Supernatural Reflexes. The only other Force power that seems useful for him at the moment is Brilliant Evasion.
  12. Trouble with that is that you kinda have to have a Career (for Career skills, access to a Signature Ability, etc) and Universal specs aren't attached to a career.
  13. Yeah, I am looking for something that will generate a list of all the cards I have across all of my decks so I don't have to go through and check each deck individually. Thank you, though.
  14. v1.2.0 -updated data structure for new set -added -pl -pt, -zh lang
  15. Yeah, they killed this particular interaction like 2 min into 2.0, else composure would be auto stappled to a bunch of ship already!
  16. Rebel Beef is 13.7% of the cut. That is a significant drop off, but, if Beef is paired against Beef, of course that will happen.
  17. aww yeah also, why go semi when you can go full?
  18. @LTD, @GhostofNobodyInParticular @Bertie Wooster, @BiggsIRL, @Matt3412, @FortyInRed Perhaps All of you wish to declare your current territorial holdings, ignoring any transfers that happen this turn? I will start if you all so wish.
  19. Also note, there are many ability's that rely on the difficulty of the executed maneuver, which is no less or more information than knowing the speed or bearing of it, especially if it gets changed.
  20. Sorry missed that :P. While true, I don't think this makes my assession of what ''executed'' and ''revealed'' means, but some people may disagree with me. I guess they could eventually make token for the express purpose of keeping track of the executed speed, as opposed to the revealed one, but it wouldn't be a very efficient use of cardboard lol.
  21. Except... there.. is.. i posted the pic of it earlier..
  22. Accurate assessment of the US as a colonial power aside, the Japanese Empire wasn't "maneuvered" into attacking the Pacific or mainland Asia by the US. Their imperialist ambitions did that. And as to who knows what the fascist states where really like, I'd say their victims. Countless accounts from Chinese, Korean, Philipino, Malaysian, Indonesian, and other Polynesian groups and cultures can attest to the horrors of Japanese occupation and the numerous war crimes/crimes against humanity. And I'd hardly consider a loan to the Kuomintang, a fighter squadron, and a single general D.C. wanted to kick out as a proxies war. All this aside, on the question of the Japanese and Galactic Empires, I think the Empire took some inspiration mainly from Nazi Germany, the British Empire, Cold War/Vietnam Era America, and Imperial Japan. It was based more on the idea of fascism and authoritarianism than any one concrete source, but they followed similar trends, and thus were bound to have them as references.
  23. Ah, I thought you meant Master in itself would be enough to portray a Jedi Master. Had me scratching my head there for a bit.
  24. I am indeed. Attempting to get some semi-NSFW Age of War dice cut in time but we'll see if I succeed or not
  1. Load more activity