All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Kylo Ren + 2 Rho's

Im just wondering if PS11 is THAT important, and having a 3-point bid can be VERY good. It may not be an issue against some lists, but I would imagine it would come up at some point. The VI version still has the option of doing red manuevers after performing actions with AS, so there still is a great deal of unpredictability. I am going to try both out.
  3. Tie Punisher was punished once again

Not really an FFG design. It exsisted in only one Star Wars video game, SW: Galactic Battlegrounds as the Tie Interdictor. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/IT_Interdictor_starfighter The Punisher just needs a (free) title that gives you reload on your action bar and lets you reload after a boost or something like that. Maybe a title that lets you reload bombs
  4. Good thing you were extra clear, cause I almost thought you didn't want one Also, glad to see you're still around as well!
  5. Comms Noise Episode 16 Podcast Out Now!

I'll listen after work looking forward to your thoughts on Wave 7!
  6. Tie Punisher was punished once again

Yeah I don't know why anyone is up in arms about this, everyone interpreted RAW to mean that "launch" and "drop" were not the same, and therefore Deathrain's ability could not trigger.
  7. "Age of Icons" - Version 0.7 *new ordnance rules*

I really like the Vader card, but I wonder if changing the wording to be more consistent with FFG's style might be optimal. TIE Advanced only. [text] You cannot equip this card if your pilot skill value is "8" or lower. Also, since its only for Darth Vader, maybe allow it to either equip 2 mods (for engine + MCK II, for instance) or take a free boost action, although that may make him OP.
  8. Does This Work?

Hmm good points, I like the arq-glad swap, demo still needs the ET imo, to set up runs and to gtfo after a run or to finish something off with a ram. You really think 4 TIEs will do anything? I'll give it a try. This is probably better: JJ GAG6 382 Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54)86 Moff Jerjerrod (23) Captain Needa (2) Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7) Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer (56)85 Admiral Montferrat (5) Ordnance Experts (4) Engine Techs (8) Wide-Area Barrage (2) Demolisher (10) Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer (56)66 Skilled First Officer (1) Ordnance Experts (4) Wide-Area Barrage (2) Insidious (3) Gladiator I-class Star Destroyer (56)63 Skilled First Officer (1) Ordnance Experts (4) Wide-Area Barrage (2) Gozanti-class Cruisers (23)25 Comms Net (2) Gozanti-class Cruisers (23)25 Comms Net (2) Tie Fighter Squadron (8) x4 Opening Salvo Superior Positions/Solar Corona/Salvage Run Hyperspace assault
  9. Tie Punisher was punished once again

Deathrain never could trigger his ability after launching. That was the common rules interpretation before as well. The shame is that FFG did not use this moment to actually make the card better and allow deathrains ability to work with TS.
  10. You know we're going to have to try this now, right?
  11. Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

I am just glad that the whole thing is over and that we get to fly MEEEEEEEEEEEEMMEEEEESSS this weekend.
  12. Tie Punisher was punished once again

Deathrain pilot ability could be altered with ease, just like so many card texts have been changed over the years
  13. Tie Punisher was punished once again

If Deathrain is launching a bomb why does it need to barrel roll when 1 forward would avoid bomb damage and allow him keep the ship he's targeted in arc. If you're successful in trying to hit someone with a reveal bomb then the ship will end in Deathrain's arc too most likely. It's still more toys for Deathrain and Punishers in general and it's great zone control in rocks.
  14. This is in my local area, so you might see my very-casual self there. Playing against me is bound to be entertaining, as I end up flying someone off the board far more frequently than one should expect.
  15. Hey guys We just finished episode 16 recently so hope you guys enjoy. 00:00: This Episode we have Rikki, Chris and Matt go over some of our entries for last months competition. 25:50: Wave 7 got fully revealed so we take a look at all the new cards also. https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/commsnoise/episodes/2018-01-19T13_14_34-08_00 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/comms-noise-a-star-wars-armada-podcast/id1163167458?mt=2# This weeks episode may sound a little different also due to Chris misplacing our equipment We should have it back soon enough. Thanks Rikki
  16. First turn Alpha

I've ran a similar list before and I agree that in practice against good opponents it can be hard to pull off. "Backdraft" (27) Veteran Instincts (1) Collision Detector (0) Cruise Missiles (3) Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1) Guidance Chips (0) Special Ops Training (0) "Quickdraw" (29) Veteran Instincts (1) Fire-Control System (2) Cruise Missiles (3) Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1) Guidance Chips (0) Special Ops Training (0) Lieutenant Dormitz (31) Collision Detector (0) Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1) Total: 100 The beauty here is you can deploy everyone at PS 12 with full knowledge of your opponents deployment. You can also stack Hyperwave tokens quite well. Either BD or QD can get focus/evade. The downside is there is no initiative bid so, if someone goes PS11 you are relying on winning the initiative roll. The big drawback to the list is against fast large base ships. They can basically fly full speed at you and nullify any Cruise missile alpha you are trying to get off. You can account for that, but its like a game of chicken. Also, QD and BD cannot fit LWF, so they are fairly fragile.
  17. Yes. Yes. Yes. Abso-effing-lutely. Yes. Or, just make me one, and I will pay you for it. But, Yes. To be clear, YES.
  18. Tie Punisher was punished once again

Canon-wise the Tie Punisher should be able to launch ordnance from all four tubes at a time. it is what it is. The firepower of four regular Tie Bombers in one single ship. The FFG game design here is a mere joke, sorry for that. I myself try to make lists including my two Tie Punishers that isn't a autoloss - but every time I manage to optimize them out. They are just too weak for too much points.
  19. The Galactic Civil War - Custom Campaign

Ah, ok. Cant wait for legion rules. Im gonna get armada after legion so this will be great
  20. Corran/Fenn/Low: Tinkering

Seems like a fun list. My only question is: why Draw Their Fire and not Selflessness? That's not exactly just a rhetorical question. I'm never quite sure which is the better one, and it'd be interesting to see someone else's take on why they made a particular choice. To me, I think I might run Selflessness, to protect against a big torpedo hit or such. However, Draw Their Fire can keep crits away from Corran, particularly when his shields are down, and particularly when you're staring down a Kylo and ISYTDS.
  21. The Galactic Civil War - Custom Campaign

Yes, but if a ship is disabled it must go to a shipyard to be repaired, else you'll have a significant debuff.
  22. Tie Punisher was punished once again

Well I didn't think you could do both anyway, but I understand how people are now upset because deathrain cannot barrel roll after lauching now. But I never that you could do that anyway, because his card states drop and they never stated that launch was the same as dropping.
  23. The Galactic Civil War - Custom Campaign

Limit one per fleet. Same for the Interdictor upgrades. I did not anticipate this issue haha I'll update the rules to reflect single fleet upgrades.
  24. And an ssd. Who do you think will come first? At-At for Legion? Or SSD for Armada?
  25. Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

On that, we agree.
  26. Tie Punisher was punished once again

1. Load more activity