All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Gilarius

Do I have to roll the R3 extra green?

Rolling the R3 extra die is mandatory. The 'may' in the quoted rule is only there to indicate that you don't get the bonus die all the time; it's not there to allow any choices. FFG could have used 'sometimes' instead. The English language is not the simplest language.
  3. I am playing the LoR in a PBF at the moment and encountered a quest rule that is most likely incorrect as written. In this quest heroes have to find a prisoner (objective token, not treated as figure) that can be picked up by a hero and attacked by monsters (when not carried by a hero). In encounter 1, the prisoner is represented by a green objective token, in encounter 2, the prisoner is represented by a villager token (quest description: Replace the green objective token with a villager token). The quest rules of encounter 2 also state that "The prisoner follows the same rules as Encounter 1. If the prisoner is ever defeated, place the objective tokens from the OL's play area on the map as indicated." The heroes can win this encounter only if they carry either the prisoner or one of the objective tokens. Interestingly, according to the quest rules as written the prisoner cannot be picked up again in encounter 2: Her token is replaced by a villager token and according to the rules in encounter 1 (which are also relevant for encounter 2), the prisoner can only be picked up "while a hero is adjacent or in the space of the green objective token". I guess it is an oversight by FFG and the prisoner can also be picked up by heroes in encounter 2. Otherwise the OL could just kill the hero carrying the prisoner and then never attack her, preventing the objective tokens to be placed. Thus, the heroes cannot fulfill the win condition anymore.
  4. Icelom

1 Black, 2 White

Ion has been amazing in the games I have been playing, so much so that we are usually seeing more ion then any other heavy weapon.
  5. hikari_dourden

Giving a Hutt a gift

What a beautiful silver necklace! He likes it so much and is so exited that he cannot speak 😂 Perhaps it's to tight...? You may return to the shop you bought it and ask for a bigger size one 😁
  6. Icelom

First Order and Empire ship archetypes

The tie sf might look nothing like the 1.0 sf.... There is no reason it has to. Why can't it keep the rear arc, add a gunner slot and have it move real fast?
  7. Magnus Grendel

Jumpmaster

The Scurrg is hardly a poorly performing ship; it is one of the ships which contributed to the ludicrous levels of power creep over the last year or so, given that it has the same durability and primary weapons firepower as the Lambda shuttle, and can be fielded in the same numbers - let alone the shenanigans afforded by Nym and the Havoc title. The Scurrg is also, one should note, probably a medium-based ship. Which means that the actual displacement from its manoeuvres is increased by about 1/2 a base (a large based ship's manoeuvres are effectively 1 speed higher than they should be). So whilst its forward straights have slowed a bit, it's not by as much as you think.
  8. QeegShukkla

Gand and Janwuine-Jika

Indeed, Gand stands corrected. Being young, unproven or lacking in accomplishments would result in an individual merely being called Gand. However, it then seems unlikely that such an unstoried individual would be considered eligible for Janwuine-Jika status, the highest honour (that we tell outsiders about) a Gand can attain, without being accomplished enough to gain at least one name first. It's certainly possible, but the accomplishment required to skip two entire names and go directly from "Gand" to "I" would have to be truly monumental. The original Gand stated he was eligible for Janwuine-Jika status, so Qeeg assumed he had *some* accomplishments worthy of a name.
  9. Ignithas

Restricted List

You underestimate the power of Iron Mines, Karada District, Satoshi and Rebuild. Losing Iron Mines hurts quite a lot, because even Charge becomes considerably weaker. I actually think that Scorpion was hit the most. Forged Edict is one of the best cards in the game. Not being able to play MF forces Scorpion to be more proactive, which they would be able, if PFB wouldn't be also on this list. Being proactive without PFB really hampers your ability to deal with Lion and Dragon.
  10. Commander Kaine

Lambda-Class Shuttle for 2.0?

I'd rather play something with Black Squadron pilots, maybe Iden and her schlepp. Howlrunner. I find the generic academy pilot swarm a bit of a bore. I'm not sure how it will work out with the costs.. I don't think I can fit 5 or more TIEs like that, and a Lambda. I just wanna play epic Then I can play all my TIEs
  11. Jiron

Dace Bonearm 2.0

I liked Dace in 1st Edition. In second, even if I keep my Scum (a tertiary faction to convert), I'll probably rather go to Torkil.
  12. Magnus Grendel

Are Energy Tokens locked to that card?

Spend X, receive one back a turn allows you to turn charge tokens into a 'cooldown timer' on an ability. Any icon - Charge, Force, whatever, with a little triangle means it regenerates once per turn. We've not seen shields with that notation yet but it's not an unreasonable thing to see for a putative epic 2.0 ship, for example. Exactly. Being able to spend charge tokens for a use other than their default is the sort of thing that specific pilot and crew upgrades can be expected to do. Which is why it's not a default ability.
  13. Commander Kaine

PSA: so they nerfed your favourite ship

Strikers will be wrecking everyone. Their mobility is awesome.
  14. Black Knight Leader

EA abandoning battlefront 2

I have been replaying Mega Man, some fan customs, and Mech Assault, I haven't had this much fun in a long time.
  15. Magnus Grendel

Does Failing an Action Prevent You from Performing its Linked Action?

When talking about the TIE Aggressor. The TIE Aggressor is unusual in that it only has access to Evade as a linked action from Barrel Roll, not as a standalone action, and they pointed out that that meant if you didn't have the space to barrel roll, you couldn't evade.
  16. Goseki1

Noice! I love strikers but they've always been too fragile in 1.0 against TLT and heavily modified 360 turrets. Hopefully they get some life breathed into them!
  17. You pick a career, but are allowed to buy whatever specs from any career you wish with the requisite xp expenditure.
  18. Magnus Grendel

Lambda-Class Shuttle for 2.0?

A Lambda with Rae Sloane and as many TIE fighters as you can muster might be rather impressive, too. It does rather put a bulls-eye on the shuttle, though (so something like Rebel Captive might be a good call).
  19. Black Knight Leader

Ninja Batman!

I am not sure, a wrong term maybe, led them from New Yorks swears too Gothams. Also they are the original live action movie turtles.
  20. Magnus Grendel

2.0 Design Space Discussion: Blue Actions

No. A Calculate token isn't Calculation - I believe it's a 'mini-focus' that changes just one result (much like Force tokens).
  21. Magnus Grendel

First Order and Empire ship archetypes

The problem with that view (which makes sense) is the new-canon Black Squadron comics, which shows Black Squadron (specifically Jess & Snap) strugging* with how fast the things are in comparison with their T-70s - including Jess' T-70 which is specifically tuned up for straight-line speed. In short, the TIE/sf should be faster than the T-70 in background terms. In game terms, I'd suggest giving the thing a [red] straight 5 and leaving it at that. Technically that makes it faster, from a certain point of view, without messing with the essential in-game function of the ship. A more significant question - if Lightweight Frame has gone the way of the dodo - is whether the TIE/sf is going to be upped to a base agility of 3 or sticking at 2 like the striker. Lightweight Frame or Guidance Chips is one of the major design decisions with Quickdraw (one of the most popular pilots in the game) at the moment, after all. * There's a cliff and canyon rock formation. Things are exploding. There's an egg, a flying monster, and some monks. It's a long story.
  22. Drasnighta

Nationals prizes

I meant, I was reading (what I thought) was XWing Nationals article saying they still got paid tickets. That’s what I meant.
  23. Rouxxor

Need Advice - The Black Gate Opens

Oops. You are right. I talk to some people to review my combo but none of them saw this. So we will only use the attachment part and save slots ^^. Glad to post quite fast here and don't playtest too much with this version. This mean we need to be able even more regularly to stand more than one turn.
  24. MaxPower

Dace Bonearm 2.0

Nope. Turrets and cannons now get range bonuses. So you can line up that perfect 4 dice shot. Not very easy to ionize large ships in one shot, but possible.
  25. Today
  26. Right now, I am having trouble fiddling around with a Bounty Hunter-Hired Gun. Is this a possibility? I noticed in one or two episodes of Star Wars the Clone Wars which featured bounty hunters as central characters, one group acted as a bodyguard for a mysterious box. It is one that featured Asaji Ventress becoming a bounty hunter, I think. And since Hired Guns have Bodyguards as a career, I thought about merging the specialties together. Is it possible?
  27. kraedin

Is there a source for how TIE defenders work other than Star Wars: TIE Fighter? In that game, you could fire the blasters or the ions or the missiles/torpedoes, but couldn't combine weapons with anything but the tractor beam.
  1. Load more activity