All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Commander Kaine

Ruthless in 2.0?

I guess my problem is that it is very situational. Fearless is a no brainer. There are already incentives to go into range 1, even without spending any additional points on synergy. This gives additional benefits (the same as Ruthless gives) plus, you can take it with the Fang, which piles onto this benefit. Selfless is great, because canceling crits is amazing, but you also take it yourself. The cost still limits it. Ruthless, I think is the weakest of the three. All three cards depend on positioning. Scum wants to position themselves, Rebels want to fly near their protected target, and Imps want some useless minion in the way, which is flavorful. However, Rebels and Imps pay an additional, guaranteed cost (taking self damage). The exchange rate is hit to hit, and crit to crit respectively, so it seems balanced, with rebels having a small edge, because the shield + crit interaction, plus cancelling damage is better than forcing it through. Green dice are worse than red ones, so it's more valuable to modify the exchange rate this way. Fearless however does NOT guarantee a cost at all. You MIGHT get shot, but they also have several ways to negate the enemy's range 1 benefits, namely all Fangs, Boba Fett and Fenn Rau(doubly so). (Basically scum wave 1) Which is, from a flavor POV is great, all mandalorians are fearless, range 1 madmen. My kind of scum. In order to balance them, I think changing Ruthless to modify blanks to crits would go a long way of making it in line with the others. On the other hand, this list I'm going to run: Lt. Sai (Lambda) (after you perform a coordinate action, if the ship you chose performed an action on your action bar, you may perform that action) Jerjerrod (During the System Phase, you may spend 2 [charge]. If you do, choose the [1 left bank], [1 straight], or [1 right bank] template. Each friendly ship may perform a red (boost) action using that template. [2 Charges, regenerates]) Sloane (After another friendly ship at range 0-3 defends, if it is destroyed, the attacker gains 2 stress tokens. While a friendly ship at range 0-3 performs an attack against a stressed ship, it may reroll 1 attack die.) 3 Black Squadron Aces, with Intimidation And someone with Ruthless... Hmm.. It seems a bit expensive in my guesstimation. Maybe Instead of a Lambda, a Reaper WITH ruthless? Or a really cheap ace.
  3. Darth Revenant

Wars End (Clone Wars returns)

No, but they are wars and they take place among the stars. Meaning it doesn't have to be Star Recinstruction just because they move beyond the Clone Wars.
  4. Mangod

Outsiders - Phoenix Fiction

The Kolat are a glorified yakuza who have been looking after their moneymaking schemes for centuries. The Gozoku was an elightened group of philosophers and philanthropists who placed the good of the Empire above the Imperial bloodline. I do actually like the idea of the Kolat as a philosophy about the pursuit of mortal self-rule in opposition to the tyranny of the Kami... but in execution they never felt like more than an absurdly resilient crime syndicate.
  5. Volkomor

Fang Fighter Unboxing

6. Magnus Grendel

Fenn Rau and Old Teroch need a Buddie v1

Main concerns: The Khiraxz doesn't have an especially awesome green dial, which means Push The Limit isn't so great. If you're likely to be stressing your face off turn after turn, Contraband Cybernetics is a nice thing to have in your back pocket, but makes you explode with stress even more. I've seen Cobra in a Scum Aces squad before, used very effectively. The build he had was: Talonbane Cobra Vaksai Predator XX-23 S-Thread Tracers Cloaking Device Engine Upgrade Vectored Thrusters Autothrusters It's a point more, but predator gives you rerolls turn after turn, stressed or not, and the cloaking device gives you - if handled correctly - even more manoeuvrability than the Fangs. Being able to decloak sideways and barrel roll lets Cobra pull a speed 4 'sideslip', whilst a decloak forwards and a speed 5 Koiogran is great for appearing unexpectedly on someone's tail. Thread Tracers aren't something you'd use that often, and a long range shot with tracers is more likely to hit than a range 3 primary shot; and trading the damage from the shot for a target lock on Fenn and Teroch might be worth it in specific circumstances. More importantly, they're free; why the heck not?
  7. The Jabbawookie

{Mafia} Jokes on Jakku

Pod, wanna make a claim?
  8. GhostofNobodyInParticular

{Mafia} Jokes on Jakku

Who is NOPE? What does it stand for? Well aside from me just saying 'I'm not scum', I dunno what I can say that you will believe. I've been following the conversation sporadically, unfortunately I have been fairly busy and have not been able to post until now. I thought the day ended later. Most interesting to me are Pod's behavior and your promise. I've mentioned your promise before, and have decided to wait and see what becomes of it. As for Pod, I dunno. I would have thought he was a jester, only there are none in this setup. So his behavior makes no sense. Since we have so little time left, I might as well ##vote @PodRacer for though I am slightly hesitant to do so, I haven't any better read.
  9. Magnus Grendel

The ARC-170 in 2.0

Agreed. But what I mean is that they're unlikely to get cheaper enough that you can field 4 of them - and, given that the ARC pretty much lives and dies by its pilot abilities and multiple upgrade slots, fielding lower quality or lightly equipped ARCs in return for shoving in an extra hull feels like a poor choice compared to doing the same things with X-wings or B-wings
  10. Karneck

VASSAL: Armada Draft 2.0 (Now Playing)

If only i could of fit another one in but then I'd have to sacrifice what little fighter coverage I'd have ha. They aren't super helpful, but sometimes it will put out a bit of damage.
  11. Magnus Grendel

MG-100 Starfortess for 2.0

Hmm... Making it an offensive boost instead does sort of make sense too. I guess that crossfire is primarily making it harder to dodge, so maybe something to mess with green dice if you've got multiple ships with Crossfire Formation lined up on you (with the new bases, you could even specify the shots have to be coming in from different facings). After all, with Resistance, X-wings don't have Evade, and the MG-100 Star fortress and the Falcon are both large ships, so at the moment the faction has no access to anything with a similar effect to Juke. Knocking down green dice to focus results is nasty but not that nasty if you have a focus token.....but if you have a second attacker....and you've had to spend your focus token evading them.... ....which is, of course, pretty much the point of a crossfire.
  12. player3333902

Jedi Star IC thread

Akua ran forward slightly, using the force to grab the door and throw it again at the group of stormtroopers, aiming for the mandalorians
  13. Well, just don't regret what you wish for! Akua said. Race ya to the speeder! She then yelled before taking off
  14. Magnus Grendel

Jam token, ISB Splicer, and PTL

This. The jam token 'burning' the token doesn't prevent the action from having occurred. So anything which triggers off the action or acquiring the token can still occur (like TIE/v1), and it stops you attempting the action again that round if you get additional actions later (Valen Rudor, for example).
  15. I doubt it would get past the licensing board, but the Art Of The Force Awakens book is laden with concept drawings for First Order TIE fighters. I'd love to see some of them.
  16. EbonHawk

{Mafia} Jokes on Jakku

Obviously, which makes why he said it even dumber.. Its like the 4th/5th rule (rules on page 2/3)
  17. Qraith

The ARC-170 in 2.0

Remember we dont know the point cost yet. So Norra is 29pts right now. If they all get a bit cheaper in 2.0 ARCs could be really worth it.
  18. shineyorkboy

Outsiders - Phoenix Fiction

I like the implication that you didn't think there were any good Unicorn before now. The Kolat are an august society of enlightened philosophers who have been looking after humanity's best interests for centuries. The Gozoku were a bunch of corrupt politicians whose petty ambitions and amateurish scheming didn't even last beyond a single generation. Probably because the majority of writing on them occurred after a significant portion of them decided that with the Hantei Dynasty gone and the protege of one of their most revered leaders on the throne the could focus on accumulating money and political influence rather than pursue the more esoteric, metaphysical goals of the organization.
  19. EbonHawk

{Mafia} Jokes on Jakku

When i voted it was a policy, his actions since (especially as he knew two games i would do it) make me think...
  20. EbonHawk

{Mafia} Jokes on Jakku

My point was, i never said i thought he was scum or not, you've just proved my point... Ahah
  21. Everyone declares during character creation the desire to be force sensitive, so you put it back on the shelf and pick up Force and Destiny...
  22. Magnus Grendel

Bomblet Generator; Second Edition

Plus, as noted, it means it can be taken on a ship with no reload action. It's the signature weapon of Captain Nym, so this gives you a way to put an 'unlimited bombs' weapon on a Scurrg without giving it Reload for whatever else you might equip it with. Yes, it burns shields, but it does give you advantages over a 'normal' reload as you say, and you can always stick a Gonk in the back seat if it bothers you that much.... I suspect (hope) it will be pretty cheap. 2 dice-take-the-hits was better than a 1-damage (because 'lumpy' hits are more likely to get kills, and criticals are a possibility) but the proton bombs are, obviously, causing criticals, and voluntarily taking damage to reload means it actually requires some judgement to use, even if you nominally have 'infinite ammo'.
  23. Norsehound

New season of The Clone Wars

Anyone wanting to run Tydirium in X-Wing is wondering the same thing. Since the game began.
  24. The backlash would target the virgin party and kill them as well. I also agree with Magnus Grendel about having bushi, courtiers, or monks assist the shugenja. They don’t have any access to invocations so they should not be able to assist the Shugenja since they don’t know how to properly beseech the Kami for powers and miracles.
  25. If one blind guy with a lightbow can down a TIE starfighter, then a dozen Wookiees with their own bowcasters should have a chance against a squadron, right? Seriously though, just separate the battle into stages (or theaters if they are all happening at the same time). Weigh the outcomes as you see best fits the battle. For example, at Endor, no space victory would really have been possible for the Rebels if the ground forces on the moon failed.
  26. Magnus Grendel

SW The Clone Wars is coming back

There was also a rough-cut animation episode with Boba Fett & Cad Bane, at one point. Now there has been a book with Boba, his team, and Assaj, but getting to see him 'armour up' for the first time could be a nice offer to fans of the scummier side of things.
  1. Load more activity