All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. You know, fun lists like that make the First Order really grow on me.
  3. Oh and if I have not spammed your US fb group about our tournament let ,e know 😂😂
  4. Swarm leader on Omega Ace. For now you need to have Targeting Sync on another ship (like FCS Backdraft or Quickdraw) but sook you can throw Advanced Optics in Omega Ace to hold a focus. Then you just need TIEs to Evade for you to get the god shot of 4 crits (5 at Range 1) Zeta Leader with a Crackshot fits into the swarm, or Wired Comm Relay for 24pts as an annoyance, VI and Crackshot also good to keep him lean. I personally really liked 2 Epsilons for 30pts as blockers when they first came out. Blocking isn’t as good as it used to be though. Omega Leader with Comm Relay and Juke is 26pts, but Score to Settle and Comm Relay is only 24pts. PTL is also not terrible on Omega Leader. Epsilon Ace can take Targeting Sync for I think 20pts and is a fun spotter for ordinance.
  5. Omega Ace, Swarm Leader, and the upcoming Focus Token Comm Relay'ish thing in the Silencer pack to tuck away a Focus token on approach. Have some Evade tokens on friendlies, then you can roll up into range 1, grab a TL, and tell someone "Take 5 crits"
  6. It becomes a matter of initiative. If the defending player has it, then Harpooned! gets to see the uncancelled critical before TLT cancels it.
  7. Helping the dial game is a really good thing.
  8. The thing is your FAA can be ability blocked. If it were an unconditional free action like BB-8 then maybe, but it isn't. Sure if you get a free boost or barrel roll then sure you can add action economy on top of it. But you could also have some snap juke green wings come in and then now you move where they are in your arc. If you are unlucky they shoot you, then they move out of the way then your ship get shot. Your ship dies, FAA never triggered, points spent for something that has never been utilized. End of story. At least on Wedge if FAA is not triggered Wedge gets his shot that removes a green die therefore it isn't a waste of points.
  9. But with TLT you cancel the Crit do you not?
  10. Hoping the next campaign will be free to download, like Nerekhall was for Descent. Very excited to see the side missions and other content that the expansion packs will bring!
  11. You buy the pack for Omega Leader, Comm Relay, and Juke. Still one of the best aces in the game for his price; he can solo things twice his cost if he can make it through to endgame. (Hint: He's much less good at that part.) Zeta Leader can sometimes have a place in a squad, but it's generally as a 'Well, I can't fit anything better for twentysomething points in...' as opposed to being a solid pick. But man, I love Omega Leader.
  12. It doesn't say hit with a crit on harpooned. It says if there is an uncanceled crit. Happens at the same time as the "did.the attack hit"
  13. Good point. And we also know what happened to Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game.
  14. I didn't forget how the game works. FAA lets low ships be more effective blockers to stop just what you're describing, and it lets them do it while saving an action for Focus or Target Lock, woth maneuvers they may not have had access to on their action bar. If people start bringing PS1 to block FAA, that's freaking great for the game and they're welcome to it.
  15. A situation came up in a tournament last Saturday that had a couple of people scratching their heads. Jostero had the Harpooned! condition and was destroyed by an enemy attack triggering the Harpooned! condition. The condition damaged one of the enemy ships which would normally give Jostero the opportunity to attack, thus presenting the question if Jostero would get an attack even though he was destroyed. I ruled that Jostero being destroyed was the trigger for the Harpooned! condition so by the time he would have an opportunity to attack, he was already dead and could not take advantage of that opportunity. This presents a couple of other possibilities that are similar but the timing is different enough they could be ruled differently Jostero has the Harpooned! condition and is hit by an attack with uncancelled kaboom results, which deals enough damage to kill Jostero. Harpooned! is triggered and damages an enemy in Jostero's arc presenting him with an attack opportunity. I think the condition is triggered damaging the other ship before Jostero is destroyed giving him an opportunity to attack before he is removed from the table. A ship within range 1 of Jostero has the Harpooned! condition and that condition is triggered dealing the last point of damage to Jostero and damaging an enemy ship presenting Jostero with an attack. I think Jostero is destroyed at the same time that the other ship is damaged so whether or not he would get an attack would depend on whether or not he has initiative. I thought I would bring the questions up here and see what other people think about the attack timing possibilities.
  16. Or even play her with the new Scorpion magistrate who makes you ignore status tokens during the conflict.
  17. Just want to have a shout out to Comms noise for plugging our event on the 9th December. It’s just two weeks away please sign up if you are coming. https://www.facebook.com/events/1918655315052118/?ti=icl
  18. The pictures of the seals were from PAX, as those were part of the prize support. My understanding is some people claimed the third pack was on sale there (but it wasn't) as an excuse to post leaked pictures to sites that have a ban against unauthorized spoilers, like the Reddit page.
  19. That’s certainly a good approach, but it’s not what the writers appear to have chosen. Which always ends up being the major hiccup for me in the design: they chose to build the system around ever-present strife as a narrative core, incorporating several mechanics and the dice system to support it, but it doesn’t pay out. And if it doesn’t pay out, those mechanics just become annoyances that detract from immersion. There’s a bunch of narrative mechanics to track and to spend time on during the game, but I’m not getting a narrative result for my efforts.
  20. You will also have the day after Thursday D2 for you both, role PMs going now, game start post shortly.
  21. Hmm, if you want the characters to be related to each other, I'd have to change my character's background a bit, since he came from off-world looking for someone. Shouldn't be too hard to adjust it, though. As for combat, I'm setting up to be the shooter, since I'm going Gunslinger first with Assassin as a second spec later.
  22. FFG owns the Descent IP, they are license the Star Wars IP. Descent is also part of the Runewars Story line. Star Wars can go away at anytime Disney decides they are done just as the Hobbit IP was pulled from GW many years ago. There is value to keep Descent. They acknowledged its importance during the In Flight Meeting at GenCon50. IMHO, it is not going away.
  23. Sorry to go off topic, but I too have wondered this. According to my research in the new canon material, closing S-foils isn't to make the ships fly faster by taking energy from the laser cannons. It makes no sense to close the wings to transfer power when you can do that with a switch or something. Instead, they open up to spread apart the ships firing pattern, and let heat out from the weapons more efficiently. This is why it is still possible to fire your laser cannons with the S-foils closed, but it is not done often, because it is better for the ship to have the S-foils spread apart. When closed, the ship saves power because the energy because you does not need to use its laser cannons, so the energy that would be lost in space is instead recycled into the ship to conserve power, hence the term "flight mode." By closing the S-foils, the ships sillouhete is also narrowed, allowing it to land in more places, and fit in tight areas (Hera uses this to her advantage in Rebel Assault). If you don't understand the above, my main points summarized below in the pictures and captions below. The people's arms are to represent how we use our arms in a manner similar to how ships use S-foils. • S-foils closed: By closing a ship's S-foils that ship can conserve energy and power and land in smaller spaces. •S-foils open: By opening a ship's S-foils that ship can let out excess energy to prevent overheating and increase area laser cannons can hit as well as improve accuracy.
  24. Need that update soon to get GIA on the table.
  25. If you're expecting to fly against Jonus and 3 generics in a 100 pt game, you don't have a lot to worry about. Jonus will typically be in a shuttle with at least fleet officer, possibly systems officer and TIE mk. II. He'll get stressed often and be locked into green moves most turns, giving potentially all 3 bombers double mods for their shots if done properly. You'll want to avoid letting him get that full compliment as often as possible. If he is running 3 gamma squad veterans, they have 5-6 points for an EPT, ordnance and mods. That most likely means chips, deadeye and either proton torps or harpoon missiles. Or he could run scimitars with 8-9 points worth of ordnance, probably just adding plasma torps to the list. 3 bombers with a single missile each you can counter pretty hard by forcing him to split targets or attack his focus tokens. Jamming beam on a defender shuts that down, flechette cannon stops the jonus token handout, ion tokens are always strong against bombers, even tractor beaming ships onto rocks or out of jonus range can be huge. You have a lot of options, including just getting in his face and bumping or staying in range 1 as much as possible. Plan how you want to handle it, rehearse it a few times and you should be golden. Vets have the same PS as ryad, so plan to either block with her if you want or have initiative or figure out how she can best arc dodge if you want her moving second. The bombers will probably want to give you initiative if they don't have Deadeye or will want it themselves if they do have it. With scimitars at PS 2 and no LRS, it'll be a lot harder for him to get off those missiles. You can slow roll until you're ready to close in and have no fear of eating anything beyond a jonus - systems officer - target lock on ryad; in which case you have your target already picked out for you. If he puts LRS on his ships, you have a bit harder time avoiding those first shots and it comes back to finding a way to stagger them between your ships or if he puts them all on the same ship, fly that out wide. Both boba and ryad should be able to kick around a few bombers that are too close to get new target locks.
  26. Nice swag, I may want to be a pirate now.
  1. Load more activity