All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dr Zoidberg

Meta is dead, long live the Meta

In regards to Luke gunner and a new 'Fat Han' (Fat Han 2: The Fattening?)... We still don't know what the points of these things will be. Luke could be so expensive given his ability that a Han + Luke (gunner) Falcon build becomes a single ship list... or a single ship with a very cheap wingman
  3. LordBlunt

Restricted List Scorpion

Ok, I’ll bite; Please post your previous list and the current list after the Restricted List came out. Let’s see what changed so we can better approach the topic of this thread. 👊
  4. Force Majeure

Dace Bonearm 2.0

It's possible that the HWK may get a tittle or two other than the Moldy Crow that allows it to treat its primary turret as an ion turret or another. I'm so eager to play the new HWK.
  5. Hos, the thing is I am gaming only online nowadays and only casually. All I come across are Dragon with Crab splash in virtually all Dragon decks. Too boring fir my taste. Besides, all deck combos should be able to give a player roughly the same odds at winning matches, correct? The meta will and should evolve. Currently, you are 100% correct; to be competitive and play with the ‘best’ Dragon deck is to game with 🐉 with 🦀 splash. Boring though, no?
  6. NachoAS

All world decks

You can download all decks played in the world championship from https://todoswdestiny.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/todos-los-mazosdel-mundial-de-destiny-2018/
  7. Glorious Chief

Spec/Talent Sheets

These are great! I just ran my first session and these will be very helpful additions for my players to have on hand. Much appreciated RLogue177!
  8. Just curious if anyone can recommend a good video, website or podcast talking specifically about all of the steps and decisions involved with making a new character. ive been prepping for a while, read through a large portion of my rule book and have done a few test runs myself, id just like to compare my routine to those of others. See if I can pick anything up or replace something to make it a better experience for my players when we start our campaign. An example specific to force and destiny would be great, but any area is good. Going to cross post this to the force and destiny forum. Thanks.
  9. skotothalamos

Unironic important clarification on damage decks needed

Makes sense. I helped a German guy get all the English names for his damage deck at Worlds 2016 so he could tell his opponent what his crits were.
  10. Just curious if anyone can recommend a good video, website or podcast talking specifically about all of the steps and decisions involved with making a new character. ive been prepping for a while, read through a large portion of my rule book and have done a few test runs myself, id just like to compare my routine to those of others. See if I can pick anything up or replace something to make it a better experience for my players when we start our campaign. An example specific to force and destiny would be great, but any area is good. Going to cross post this to the gm forum.
  11. Tvboy

Bullseye Arc Discussion

That would make it way too easy to trigger, which is the opposite of what the bullseye arc is supposed to be for. If anything, it should be the other way around, defensive triggers that only trigger while the attacker is in your bullseye, or maybe while you’re in their bullseye. Then you’d be rewarded for positioning your ship in that narrow band, and your opponent would be punished for not having the stones to not put any bullseye dependent upgrades on their ship.
  12. OccasionallyCorrect

Are you playing with enough terrain?

13. LordBlunt

Restricted List

I can strongly attest to Charge being a staple in the majority of Crab decks that I have come across, and the top 3 decks in the EU tournament (apologies, I don’t remember the last location it was held at) all had 3 copies of Charge and only 1 had 2 Iron Mines. Judging by that account, yes, Charge is still a no-brainer over Iron Mine. (gotta get your 4-5 cost characters into the game for cheap prior to attaching Reprieve or Iron Mine(ing) them - which is why all Crab players whose posts I’ve read and players whom I’ve played against seem to prefer Charge) Your mileage may vary, certainly. If you give up Charge for Iron Mine, my overall point still stands; Crab and Scorpion are not that ‘hurt’ with the Restricted List as compared to how others might’ve. But the impact of the RL will not drastically affect the game but will hamper deck design for some. Not for Crab imo.
  14. Tvboy

2.0 Ion Weapons vs Reinforce

I was going on the assumption that Reinforce would cancel results during the compare results step, since that is when damage gets dealt, which would mean the hit would get neutralized before it could be spent on Ion tokens, but it’s true we don’t know the exact timing yet. So it’s kind of useless to speculate at this point.
  15. Not having a dig, but you're not playing the meta Dragon/Crab deck ,ie a copy of Minds Desire's deck those copycats would have been greatly effected by this list
  16. Hos

Restricted List

This is such a good thing for the game! The cards on that list, especially Policy Debate for me, were contributing to hugely npe games. Further, the gap between the tier 1 clans and everyone else has been reduced. This is a huge buff for Unicorn!
  17. NebulonB

Nationals prizes

yeah Dras, this article is about, for example, German Nationals. Not about Euros, where you get the free ride if you win, or reserved seat if you make top 4.
  18. shineyorkboy

Restricted List

Ahahaha. Wait, you're serious? Let me laugh ever harder. AHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, because I'm totally going to give up Iron Mine for Charge. Good, Forged Edict is way more annoying than Mirumoto's Fury. That'd just mean people can more reliably use events against Scorpion.
  19. Richardbuxton

Force power: move question

True, but combat checks are not normally an opposed check, applying Adversary 2 to a 3 Willpower 2 Discipline Nemesis is really making them much tougher than the usual 1 Difficulty of a Silhouette 1 target. Im definitely not saying you can’t do it, but that I don’t and wouldn’t recommend it in that particular situation. Now if it’s not opposed then definitely it should apply, Defence too.
  20. Marinealver

2.0 Design Space Discussion: Blue Actions

Well right now they are trying to make 2 firepower ships valid for some time. With Calculate only being able to convert a single focus, having more attacks is better than more firepower. Where for 3 or 4 firepower ships you will want focus instead. Heck even 1 firepower ships can be valid being able to circumvent reinforce which is now a more common action. Is it focus to hit or focus to crit like the 1st edition upgrade?
  21. Norell

Garm Assault fleet

A slaved Nebulon without Salvation is always a waste of points. Also without any ways to reroll those reds. I played against a very similar list and it is so easy to destroy the Nebs in exchange for only a little damage due no rerolling.
  22. Marinealver

2.0 Ion Weapons vs Reinforce

I don't think Reinforce reduces Ion Damage. So in a way Ion damage counters Reinforce since it already can only do 1 damage.
  23. PurpleKittenofDeath

Political Map

Regarding the scale of the map I can atleast point to this post from the FAQ: Allthough I am not quite sure if by widest point they mean it literally from left to right or just the farthest points across. The latter seems to make the most sense however.
  24. cnemmick

Format: No-16

Hahaha, I was actually thinking today about running this format in a local tournament later this summer. But I was afraid it would kick out too many fun figures & command cards to play with, especially now that we have a few local people buying newer stuff. I may go with this: Maximum of 3 Top 16 Deployments, Max of 3 command cards of cost 2 or higher from Top 16. That would make list building more of a challenge.
  25. Today
  26. Stone6

Armada/Legion Campaign - Brainstorming

I’ve played the joint Dropzone/Dropfleet games, and while fun, thought there could be alot more added on. In the game I played, the ground forces on the adjoining table tried to take over planetary defense guns, which allowed for shooting into the space combat. It didn’t really do much, but did add some fun. A larger idea would be to play as a campaign which led to additional deployment of reinforcements and also further capture of landing facilities, planetary defense systems, etc. I think it would be a blast.
  27. Ravncat

Are you playing with enough terrain?

Mini Tangent... X-wing is a whole lot more fun when you have interesting and heavy terrain, especially for mission based play. I need to create some Lava Flows and imperial shuttle facility for my Mustafar/Sullust map... And speaking of cheap terrain - these are tiles from a dollar store...
  1. Load more activity