All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. I think it might be a result of them mirroring their artwork.
  3. I have been following this and wonder if this initiative bid version would do well? Advantage over other Miranda lists and against ps11 aces. Hotr Han would also be an interesting choice. Miranda can cover some distance slamming first turn to position near him or in a flank position. YT-1300: •Han Solo (57) Engine Upgrade (4) •Millennium Falcon (1) Veteran Instincts (1) •C-3PO (3) •Rey (2) K-Wing: •Miranda Doni (40) Long-Range Scanners (0) •Bomblet Generator (3) •Sabine Wren (2) Twin Laser Turret (6) Total: 97/100
  4. The current PC roster for my campaign is 4 humans and 2 Chiss (one of the players just really likes Chiss, and she and her sister wanted to play twins). While I'd never bar a player from playing an alien, I do always caution them that A) there's a lot of racism in the galaxy and B) there's a lot of places where an alien is going to significantly stick out. *wince* Yea, I've had a few players like this in the past; and I agree that it is cringe city.
  5. Lacks the setup images, from the looks of it; are they on 3x3 boards? Otherwise will probably give them a try.
  6. This is Evacuation we're talking about? @FTS Gecko was just pointing me at this. Looks very good fun! Is it on a normal-sized board - there's no setup image on the wiki... So....it's purely about the GR-75 surviving long enough to reach the other side of the board. A GR-75 with Combat Retrofit is 10 Hull, 5 Shields behind a reinforce token/recover action (nuts to Jam or co-ordinate; keeping the thing alive is your priority) The good news is no asteroids! Colliding with rocks hurts.... The mines are disgusting. If I'm reading the rules right, a single mine detonating at range 3 is bad enough - 1 dice causing automatic criticals on a hit/crit, 2 causing normal damage on a hit/crit, 1 stress token on any 1 rebel ship, 1 ion token on any one rebel ship, the transport does a speed 1 backwards move, and one damage card is flipped face-up! And it only gets worse as the mine gets closer to the transport! Going close to any mine you haven't taken control off seems suicidal. Fortunately the mines don't really affect the small craft. A Reinforce Token should be sufficient to fend off most 2-dice attacks. The Transport has nothing except recover to spend energy on, so reinforcing the first turn and recovering the second should force your opponent to chew through shields at least twice. Where the transport is going to go down in flames is if it gets caught in a crossfire - once Imperial ships can fire on both sections, reinforce becomes largely useless. Theoretically, the transport can make it in 5 turns going flat-out straight ahead, if you can stop the mines going off. By about turn 3, though, the TIE fighters should be coming at your sides, and having enough energy to keep the shields up may be an issue. The Imperial player can't really attack the transport from the front without risking being run over. Whilst Biggs can't help, Lowhhrick can - the Transport still makes a "defence roll", even if there are no dice in it, so the Wookie can pass it an extra evade result. Ditto Selflessness and Draw Their Fire can take the sting out of hits on a transport (but not mine detonations). You need to balance killing TIEs with taking over the mines. 125 points is 5 FCS B-wings or Twin Laser Turret Y-wings, which is a whole acre of firepower.
  7. That's the plan! If need be the shuttle can stop multiple times as well by baffling away the stress.
  8. I was thinking of running a similar list but with Kylo instead of Vader. Mainly to take enemy aces down to pilot skill 0. The only problem being getting those consistent crits. Apart from Backdraft and the rear arc there are no nailed on crit producers. Maybe Vader would be better. The SFs do hit like a train and the shuttle could be perfect for following in and force gripping what's left in to bits 💀⚡️💀
  9. Amazing work. Love the eyes, they look menacing.
  10. Kind of. There's basically a hard cut-off point where the majority of generics just disappeared, and that's Wave 7. TLT was too efficient against the likes of B-Wings and Z-95s, and Palpatine put the Palp Aces so far over the top on defences that even if you have multiple generic ships on target you'd struggle to deal damage. By the time you get as far as Wave 8 the only generics of any note are Contracted Scouts and Omicron Group Pilots
  11. The K-wing was supposed to be a bombing ship. It was fine while it could SLAM and bomb and deal with the damage that the bomb could deal. If Sabine hadn't been introduced, the K-wing would have kept the niche it had during Wave 7. Nerfing Advanced SLAM to allow only actions on the upgrade bar means killing the whole point of the K-wing. The K-wing has a terrible dial without SLAM, and it has no chance to equip Advanced Sensors or Genius to help it deliver bombs, so it will stop being used for bombs totally, unless you equip Experimental interface, that stresses you. Why would a K-wing want Advanced SLAM for? It cannot attack after SLAMming, unlike the Gunboat, and it has 1 green dice, so not much point on focusing for defense. It has no koiograns to turn around, so it cannot take a Target Lock and hope for a ordnance attack next round because it will need to use SLAM again to perform a double 2-turn, and then it cannot attack. They are destroying an entire ship instead of just fixing Sabine.
  12. Generic are good for blocking strategies. They can also feed swarm leader with evade for reasonable cost. I think those " OP two ships lists" are less competitiv against many ships because they're ability often trigger once per round. So again , depending on the situation, they can have exelent potential .
  13. http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Missions If you want an overview and where they come from to track down......
  14. Guys....you do realize Sabine's lock is just a combo deck ? And thats all. Combo decks are in MtG since forever, with the same pattern - try to assemble a combo then its GG you can't do anything. Why all that rage? On the one side we used to cry - weee destiny is so 1 dimentional, all dmg no funny decks, and then when we got first true combo deck you all cry its broken. Come on..if you see Sabine just mulligan for Rend or anything with action that can break the combo and your good.
  15. in echoing bucket
  16. Obsidian Squadron Relay * Title TIE Fighter Only. Unique. All friendly Obsidian Squadron Pilots gain your pilot ability. You may not equip this title if your Pilot Skill is 4 or lower. (3pts) So, the pilots this works meaningfully with: Night Beast (free Focus on green), Winged Gundark (hits -> crits at R1), Dark Curse, Backstabber, Mauler Mithel, Howlrunner. Deliberately set at PS>4 to avoid spamming Wampas. 3pts cost is just enough to fit Night Beast + title, Howlrunner, 4 Obsidian Sqd and 1 Academy Pilot into a 7 TIE Swarm. If you go for anyone more expensive, like Backstabber, you have to start sacrificing Obsidian Pilots for Academies and the benefit you get is going to go down (eg it's got to be Backstabber, Howlrunner, 3x Obsidian, 2x Academy). Intention is to allow a bit more 'customisation' to TIE Swarms by giving them a leader who hands an ability out. Dark Curse swarm flies very differently to Backstabber swarm. Also makes target priority a bit more interesting and it's not so obvious to just pick on Howlrunner first, as if you remove the Relay you stop them sharing abilities.
  17. Mmmm gne. Adv. Slam+Bombs break the slam. We will see how many bomber K wing we'll see after the nerf. And I mean, using bombs. Ordnance K still good.
  18. Sabine breaks the K-wing, not SLAM. And Sabine came in a later wave. Without Sabine, a K-wing can equip 2 bombs that with extra munitions allow for 4 total. Again, without Sabine, the only way to deal autodamage with Miranda in a consistent way is with Conner net and Advanced SLAM, but it deals only 1 damage, so total 4 over 4 rounds minimum, no attacks then. Not many risked using proximity mines or cluster mines because they could backfire and deal nothing (especially when Palpatine could turn a mine hit into a blank). You could bring PS2 Warden Squadron Pilots and be a threat to super squishy aces with that, but at that PS, they never were that problematic. It all started going bad when Sabine added 1 instant damage to any mine or bomb, at any range, for the whole game. In any case, compare that with Nym that can move, bomb damage, autodamage from Sabine, then autodamage from AC+ABT.
  19. I get that he could be better on a Deci but putting him on a Lambda is so cheap!
  20. The first season is definitely a slog but after that it becomes well worth watching. It's not as good as the Clone Wars but it's still pretty good.
  21. It would be a buff to its turret but a nerf for bombs. Yes the troll bomb goes farther and a pre boost/broll has a larger range, but like others have said those options are now easier blocked. The main bombing nerf would be the fact that now you can no longer bump and bomb as the bomb would be out of range 1 in most cases instead of always inside range 1.
  22. I'd maybe drop the third Arq and go for a Raider and put Intel Officer on the ISD but I like the list. Reason for Intel Officer is you can do the following shenanigans with Devastator and Station Assault: Place the two stations as close together as you can Turn 1, Devastator Nav command, take a token (saving it to speed up if needed in later turns) use a side arc shot from Devastator to shoot one of the stations - Intel Officer one of your defense tokens and use Vader to discard it to reroll any dice with damage to try and reduce the hit. move towards the stations at speed 1 Turn 2, Eng command, take a token (you are going to need it) and again shoot a station discarding another defense token move at speed one aiming to straddle both stations without obstructing your front arc Turn 3, nav command down to speed zero and if no other targets again shoot a station discarding a third token. You are now sat on both stations at speed zero which means you can't spend defense tokens when defending (not a problem since you're Devastator and only have 1) - your speed zero means you still complete a maneuvere which means you land on both stations every turn discarding two damage cards. All whilst chucking 11 dice (12 with CF) out of your front arc being able to reroll all of them if needed with your remaining defense token. Pretty edge case but the look on your opponents face when start you shooting your own stations...priceless!
  23. Why would being gay make you want to roleplay girls in Star Wars?
  24. It’s always been relevant imo. I think he’s better on a Decimator as the turret means nothing is safe. If aces ever make a resurgence stick a gunner on too, and it takes two turns to kill an ace whether or not your attack actually causes damage.
  25. Looks absolutely brilliant so far. My only reservation/question regards boards like this, while they look amazing, dosnt replay-ability after a few games suffer?
  26. Except: you run into Xi7. Then they pop real easy. Granted Xi7 are less prevalent now, but it's always important to keep in mind.
  1. Load more activity