The generator has been updated to use version 4 of .NET instead of version 4.5. This means that it should now work on Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed. It will most likely not work on older service packs, and I do not intend to support those. Please let me know if any of you encounter any problems after this change. You can download it by clicking here.
It's really quite amazing that there's still demand for compatibility with a 12 year old piece of software. That's a long time, especially when it comes to computers. Here are a few things that happened in 2001, the year that Windows XP was released:
- George W. Bush celebrated the end of his first year as President.
- The first Harry Potter movie and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring premiered.
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal was released for PC.
- Wizards of the Coast released Chainmail due to the success of D&D 3rd Edition, which was released the year before.
- Wikipedia went online for the first time.
- Napster was closed by the RIAA.
- Apple released the iPod.
... Now I feel old.
Anyway, XP is a relic of times past. If you're still using XP on your home computer, upgrade! There's simply no reason to keep using XP at this point.
Alright, time to step off the soapbox.
Edited by TiLT, 03 July 2013 - 12:47 AM.