• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 Elurindel

Elurindel

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

DigitalRedneck said:

Bro, I don't have tomb of blood. I got black crusade, yesterday in fact. (good god is it cooool!!). I'm reading character gen right now so I can make Silas and it says the total xp for a starting BC pc is 7000. This 7000xp includes the 1000 xp we are supposed to spend. Is the 4500 xp your talkin about on top of that? If so make your guy and then buy him down an see if ya still think he's still  ta play. (lol. I just figured out his tribe digs Khorne… That's awesome. .. Welcome brother!) 

As for Silas. After reading some of the character creation sections I have to say there will undoubtedly be some slight modifications to Silas's backstory. I think I can use the Psycher character archetype in the BC core book to stat him out just fine. In fact I'm sure I can stat him out with just the BC core. But.. There might be minor adjustment to his story as a result. For instance I was reding about how your alignment to different Chaos gods may change over time. So starting out Silas is most attuned to Slaanesh and Teznich (autto correct sucks). But to play it safe Silas has tattoos that celebrate all the Ruinous Powers with graphic depictions of acts and incognito symbology. Such as orgies for Slaanesh and skulls for the skull god… But while each tat is by itself just kinda foul, nothing is unequivocally a symbol of Chaos. But the overall effect is still striking. 

Silas should be ready in a day or two. 

Yeah, seems a lot of people don't have it. Tome of Blood is an excellent splatbook for combat-oriented characters. I'll quote what it says:

"The Human characters are both roughly equivalent to a beginning Human Disciple of Chaos with an additional 4600 experience points. See pages 48 and 50 of the Black Crusade Core Rulebook for starting abilities for Chaos Space Marines and Human Heretics."

I think to really make a fear judgment call, I'd have to show the exact abilities to the GM, and then buy down as he thinks appropriate. The people of Xurunt revere a bloody god known as Baphtar, who may or may not be some manner of Khorne daemon, but is similar enough in theme that it is safe to say they begin play allied to Khorne.

#42 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Elurindel said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Bro, I don't have tomb of blood. I got black crusade, yesterday in fact. (good god is it cooool!!). I'm reading character gen right now so I can make Silas and it says the total xp for a starting BC pc is 7000. This 7000xp includes the 1000 xp we are supposed to spend. Is the 4500 xp your talkin about on top of that? If so make your guy and then buy him down an see if ya still think he's still  ta play. (lol. I just figured out his tribe digs Khorne… That's awesome. .. Welcome brother!) 

As for Silas. After reading some of the character creation sections I have to say there will undoubtedly be some slight modifications to Silas's backstory. I think I can use the Psycher character archetype in the BC core book to stat him out just fine. In fact I'm sure I can stat him out with just the BC core. But.. There might be minor adjustment to his story as a result. For instance I was reding about how your alignment to different Chaos gods may change over time. So starting out Silas is most attuned to Slaanesh and Teznich (autto correct sucks). But to play it safe Silas has tattoos that celebrate all the Ruinous Powers with graphic depictions of acts and incognito symbology. Such as orgies for Slaanesh and skulls for the skull god… But while each tat is by itself just kinda foul, nothing is unequivocally a symbol of Chaos. But the overall effect is still striking. 

Yeah, seems a lot of people don't have it. Tome of Blood is an excellent splatbook for combat-oriented characters. I'll quote what it says:

"The Human characters are both roughly equivalent to a beginning Human Disciple of Chaos with an additional 4600 experience points. See pages 48 and 50 of the Black Crusade Core Rulebook for starting abilities for Chaos Space Marines and Human Heretics."

I think to really make a fear judgment call, I'd have to show the exact abilities to the GM, and then buy down as he thinks appropriate. The people of Xurunt revere a bloody god known as Baphtar, who may or may not be some manner of Khorne daemon, but is similar enough in theme that it is safe to say they begin play allied to Khorne.

Im good with all this if the GM is too. I don't know what the armor and ax would be worth point wise but I'd think losing those alone should be with quite a bit. I'm cool with however you guys quantify that. I totally see dude being hooked up with Khorne. Silas I see as being nearly Aligned with Slaanesh and having Teznich leanings looking at the stats and stuff in the book. And Silas I'd definitely taking Hubris. Lol

#43 Elurindel

Elurindel

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

DigitalRedneck said:

Elurindel said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Im good with all this if the GM is too. I don't know what the armor and ax would be worth point wise but I'd think losing those alone should be with quite a bit. I'm cool with however you guys quantify that. I totally see dude being hooked up with Khorne. Silas I see as being nearly Aligned with Slaanesh and having Teznich leanings looking at the stats and stuff in the book. And Silas I'd definitely taking Hubris. Lol

I don't think the axe itself is worth much. As a Cursed Heirloom it would only be 250xp. The Greater Minion is worth 750xp, and the Frost Father Archetype has a slew of talents and skills that could possibly be shed to remove points. But that really would require a discussion with the GM.

#44 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

What your saying makes tons of sense to me. Of course you will have to check with our Unholly Lord, the DM. But I'm cool with whatever u guys decide. If Boris needs to be real sic he could always start out fresh from a severe ass whoopin' from the guards on top of an illness for ?? (fighting maybe?)

Would be sweet to gave the reat of us roleplaying his tough homies taking care of him while we all develop a greater hated of the guards 

#45 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

DigitalRedneck said:

What your saying makes tons of sense to me. Of course you will have to check with our Unholly Lord, the DM. But I'm cool with whatever u guys decide. If Boris needs to be real sic he could always start out fresh from a severe ass whoopin' from the guards on top of an illness for ?? (fighting maybe?)

Would be sweet to gave the reat of us roleplaying his tough homies taking care of him while we all develop a greater hated of the guards 

my phones autocorrect sucks when my batt is low. The last line was supposed to read : Could be a sweet way for his tough homies to take care of him while we all develop a greater hatered of the guards..

#46 Elurindel

Elurindel

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Might be, although Boris would likely resent being doted on for things like illness, I'm sure he'd get over it.

#47 Boss Gitsmasha

Boss Gitsmasha

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Keep in mind that the Greater Minion stuff has prerequisites which I seriously doubt you'd have.

If you guys have AIM or an equivalent, this makes my life much easier. Or we could use Roll20. That has built in map functions and chats and stuffs. I doubt it's difficult to use, so even a blithering idiot like me could do something with it.

"Oomans are pink an' soft, not tough an' green like da Boyz. Dey'z all da same size too, so dey'z always arguin' about who's in charge, 'cos dere's no way o' tellin' c'ept fer badges an' ooniforms an' fings. When one o' dem wants ta lord it over da uvvers, 'e says 'I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me', or 'I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good'. Da funny fing is, 'arf of 'em believe it an' da uvver 'arf don't, so 'e has ta hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot o' mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while dey'z all arguin' wiv each uvver over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot."

#48 Elurindel

Elurindel

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well, that's the fun of the Archetype of the Frost Father. In fact there are a couple of Archetypes that have talents and skills that they can have without necessarily having the pre-requisites fo while retaining the overall flavour of the Archetype. I'll hae to dig up my old AIM account, but it should be doable.

#49 Deimos

Deimos

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

DigitalRedneck said:

Bro, I don't have tomb of blood. I got black crusade, yesterday in fact. (good god is it cooool!!). I'm reading character gen right now so I can make Silas and it says the total xp for a starting BC pc is 7000. This 7000xp includes the 1000 xp we are supposed to spend.

Incorrect. Humans start with 1000 xp and Astrates with 500 xp. What you're looking at is an error that has been corrected in the Errata.

#50 Elurindel

Elurindel

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

I just dug up my AIM account: kid_in_blue@hotmail.com

#51 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Boss Gitsmasha said:

Keep in mind that the Greater Minion stuff has prerequisites which I seriously doubt you'd have.

If you guys have AIM or an equivalent, this makes my life much easier. Or we could use Roll20. That has built in map functions and chats and stuffs. I doubt it's difficult to use, so even a blithering idiot like me could do something with it.

I have Silas written up except for one thing. The minion. Can I take a human drug runner/guy who holds Silas's drugs with lesser minion? Would this minion be useful?

If the minion isn't a good plan than I can always use another skill. 

Will DM Silas to you this afternoon or evening as I'm at work right now. 

#52 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Deimos said:

DigitalRedneck said:

Bro, I don't have tomb of blood. I got black crusade, yesterday in fact. (good god is it cooool!!). I'm reading character gen right now so I can make Silas and it says the total xp for a starting BC pc is 7000. This 7000xp includes the 1000 xp we are supposed to spend.

Incorrect. Humans start with 1000 xp and Astrates with 500 xp. What you're looking at is an error that has been corrected in the Errata.

Not incorrect. A Human spends 1000 but is conciddered a 7000 pt character for conversion purposes. A Chaos Marine spends 500 xp but is certainly not equal to a 500 pt Dark Herasy guy. Off the top of my head I think Chaos Marines are worth 8000 or 8500 for conversion. 

#53 Deimos

Deimos

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Got my aim up and running as well.

karrzor@hotmail.com

#54 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

So how would a tech challenged redneck such as myself go about signing up for this AIM? (lol I'm serious. I never heard if it before and need some direction)

#55 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Oh, and it turns out Silas has Mind Link so the PCs will be able to telepathically communicate with eacother a bit. I figure that should be handy in The Pit. 

#56 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

DigitalRedneck said:

Boss Gitsmasha said:

I have Silas written up except for one thing. The minion. Can I take a human drug runner/guy who holds Silas's drugs with lesser minion? Would this minion be useful?

If the minion isn't a good plan than I can always use another skill. 

Will DM Silas to you this afternoon or evening as I'm at work right now. 

I read the minion creation rules and answered my stupid questions. Will be making the product holder this afternoon and will submit him with Silas tonight. 

#57 Elurindel

Elurindel

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

What is the GM's AIM address? Also, were we starting off with the basic 1000xp?

#58 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Elurindel said:

What is the GM's AIM address? Also, were we starting off with the basic 1000xp?

Yep. Starting off with 1000xp and rolling stats 2d10+25 for each. And the rolls can be distributed between the stats as you see fit. Except Infamy.  That's 19+1d5 still. Can do one reroll. 

Dont know the Boss,s AIM addy. I need to get one… But first somebody needs to tell me what it is and how to get one.. Lol

#59 ygnar

ygnar

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

How about this, I've got a free-forum nobody's using.

willofthegods.freeforums.org

We can keep the characters there, and use it as a temp base.

#60 Boss Gitsmasha

Boss Gitsmasha

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'll organize a roll20 page to use to run the game. While I am being very slow starting this up (college and such), I might be able to begin the first session next week. I'll have a friend help me organize and run this. Hopefully this will go well.

My AIM handle is MatthiasOmega85. We need to work out a schedule of some kind. I'm in other games, and I want to make sure I can pick a time/day that will agree with everyone else here. When are you guys free?

"Oomans are pink an' soft, not tough an' green like da Boyz. Dey'z all da same size too, so dey'z always arguin' about who's in charge, 'cos dere's no way o' tellin' c'ept fer badges an' ooniforms an' fings. When one o' dem wants ta lord it over da uvvers, 'e says 'I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me', or 'I know summink wot you lot don't know, so yer better lissen good'. Da funny fing is, 'arf of 'em believe it an' da uvver 'arf don't, so 'e has ta hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot o' mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while dey'z all arguin' wiv each uvver over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot."