• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

IronRavenstorm said:

Yeah, I have to agree.  D2 will be like the first edition with most of the play be OL vs. Heroes.  It will have a little narration, but not enough for what I think you are hoping for.  I think that it will somewhat mirror the narration of the first edition. 

I think there will be more narration than in 1E - they seem to be reinforcing the idea of a stronger narrative in 2E at every opportunity.

#42 aeroguru

aeroguru

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

Bleached Lizard said:

I'm convinced it's going to be a blood squid.  Now that water (likely) no longer prevents movement, there is an absence of blood squid lore in 2E, and so I think the blood squids will have crawled out of the water and are now fighting the heroes face to face. 

Looks like it is a picture of Merriod--but just what is Merriod? 

#43 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

aeroguru said:

Bleached Lizard said:

I'm convinced it's going to be a blood squid.  Now that water (likely) no longer prevents movement, there is an absence of blood squid lore in 2E, and so I think the blood squids will have crawled out of the water and are now fighting the heroes face to face. 

Looks like it is a picture of Merriod--but just what is Merriod? 

Maybe it was meant to be "merroid" (mer-oid) and they got the order of the letters mixed up…?

#44 Old Blue

Old Blue

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

What do I hope most from this game - for it to be able to lick my balls from across the room…now that would be a game

#45 IronRavenstorm

IronRavenstorm

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

Bleached Lizard said:

IronRavenstorm said:

Yeah, I have to agree.  D2 will be like the first edition with most of the play be OL vs. Heroes.  It will have a little narration, but not enough for what I think you are hoping for.  I think that it will somewhat mirror the narration of the first edition. 

I think there will be more narration than in 1E - they seem to be reinforcing the idea of a stronger narrative in 2E at every opportunity.

I agree with you, but I don't think that it will be enough for those people who want this to be an RPG. 

#46 Puer

Puer

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

IronRavenstorm said:

I agree with you, but I don't think that it will be enough for those people who want this to be an RPG. 

I think the best change in this regard is the obviously varying objectives for the OL (1st objectives were solely 1) harass heroes, 2) kill enough fast enough to deplete conquest to nothing)

With the removal of conquest there does not appear to be any more generic all scenario win condition for the OL.  Win conditions are now dependent on the scenario, just as it always has been with the heroes.

So, I guess my biggest hope is for a wide variety of quests (possible quest expansions?)  which would really challenge both the players and the OL to meet stated objectives above and beyond killing hero's and killing baddies.  Although a good 'run in an kill da big boss' scenario is good now and then also.  I wonder what the OL objective would be in a 'run in an kill da big boss' scenario?

#47 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Puer said:

IronRavenstorm said:

I think the best change in this regard is the obviously varying objectives for the OL (1st objectives were solely 1) harass heroes, 2) kill enough fast enough to deplete conquest to nothing)

With the removal of conquest there does not appear to be any more generic all scenario win condition for the OL.  Win conditions are now dependent on the scenario, just as it always has been with the heroes.

So, I guess my biggest hope is for a wide variety of quests (possible quest expansions?)  which would really challenge both the players and the OL to meet stated objectives above and beyond killing hero's and killing baddies.  Although a good 'run in an kill da big boss' scenario is good now and then also.  I wonder what the OL objective would be in a 'run in an kill da big boss' scenario?

Survive a certain number of turns…?

#48 IronRavenstorm

IronRavenstorm

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

Can anyone tell what type of creature is shown in this preview picture.  I am looking at the red master monster on the back right hand side of the picture.  It doesn't look like the Ettin (since you can see an Ettin on the left hand side with his club).  To me it looks like it could be a couple of things, but I have no clue.  Does anyone know for sure what it is?  Again, I am looking at the one near the Leoric picture. 

Some part of me wants to think that it looks like some type of rock giant or a creature made out of corpses. 

I just can't wait to get my hands on this game.  I have so many questions I want answered.  Hopefully, I will learn a lot when I go to the Realms of Terrinoth event.  It's going to be one heck of a road trip.

#49 Unclechawie

Unclechawie

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thinking the one on the back right is the Merriod.  Could be wrong though.