Modified Turbolaser Test Print

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LordCole

LordCole

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

I was searching around the forums to see if anyone has made forward progress on 3D paper craft turbolasers... I could not find anything so I started my own, when I am done I will scrub the forums here and BGG for the appropriate cards.

In the meantime, here is what I have so far, a test print of a scaled up version of Momir Farooq's model using the Empire at War skin.

turbolasertest.jpg

This is done with an ink jet printer on generic paper.

I am sharpening up the lines then post print I will add some minor greeble and securing the gun barrels. Once that is done I will layer some modge podge then add weight and basing.

normally I do not show WIP but I wanted some thoughts/opinions from you guys.

• Marinealver likes this

- .... .. ... / .. ... / .- / -.-. --- -- -... .- - / --.. --- -. . .-.-.- / .. - / .. ... / .-. . ... - .-. .. -.-. - . -.. .-.-.- / . .- ... . / --- ..-. ..-. / --- -. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -- .- .. -. / - .... .-. ..- ... - . .-. .-.-.-

∞²

#2 Chris Maes

Chris Maes

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

Looks pretty good to me but (I'm pretty sure) that the middle section of the tower should have some taper to it (ie. be slightly smaller at the top than at the bottom (...pretty sure...).  I would be more than happy to have some of these gracing my gaming table.

#3 LordCole

LordCole

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

Looks pretty good to me but (I'm pretty sure) that the middle section of the tower should have some taper to it (ie. be slightly smaller at the top than at the bottom (...pretty sure...).  I would be more than happy to have some of these gracing my gaming table.

You know, I thought about that, but after I did this mock up I actually like it. I might try modifying it for the taper throughout the week just see see what we get out of it.

- .... .. ... / .. ... / .- / -.-. --- -- -... .- - / --.. --- -. . .-.-.- / .. - / .. ... / .-. . ... - .-. .. -.-. - . -.. .-.-.- / . .- ... . / --- ..-. ..-. / --- -. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -- .- .. -. / - .... .-. ..- ... - . .-. .-.-.-

∞²

#4 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:02 AM

It would be kind of hard to make a base to show the firing arc. Still like it though.

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

I don't count the number of my ships since I get one of each it is rather pointless. I only count what I have doubled of.

Spoiler
Unfortunately I don't have the entire Netrunenr set.
Spoiler

#5 LordCole

LordCole

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:50 AM

It would be kind of hard to make a base to show the firing arc. Still like it though.

I am considering large base and board for spacing and placement rules, there is a nice write-up on BGG that I like, it takes into account the rotation of the turret.

I am also considering multiple types of "pilot" cards that are consistent with FFG's point system and allowing for unique upgrades and crew cards.

On an Epic Death Star defense mission/scenario players/teams will be able to account for the point cost of towers and shield defense screens.

Edited by LordCole, 03 September 2014 - 04:09 AM.

∞²

#6 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

Ahh cardboard terrain that takes me back.

Looks good to me.