Horse Breeder/ Galadrim Minstrel and "search"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 awp832

awp832

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

The Westfold Horse Breeder and Galadrim Minstrel both say 'Search the top X cards of your deck for a Y and add it to your hand.'

What is meant by this exactly?   Do I flip cards until I find a card matching the specified type and add it to my hand, or do I look at X number of cards and choose a card of the specified type and add it to my hand?  

For example, I play Westfold Horse Breeder and flip 8 non-mount cards, the 9th card is Steed of the Mark, and the 10th card is Rohan Warhorse.    Can I choose to take Rohan Warhorse, or would I automatically get Steed of the Mark?   

Similarly for Galadrim Minstrel, I often find myself with multiple event cards on the top 5 cards of my deck.  Do I choose which one I want or do I have to take the first one?

#2 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

For both you choose from the amount of cards revealed.
  • jormungandr likes this

Down through the breach of the Dike charged the king's company. Down from the hills leaped Erkenbrand, lord of Westfold. Down leaped Shadowfax, like a deer that runs surefooted in the mountains. The White Rider was upon them, and the terror of his coming filled the enemy with madness. The wild men fell on their faces before him. The Orcs reeled and screamed and cast aside both sword and spear. Like a black smoke driven by a mounting wind they fled. -The Two Towers