Ultimate Fix for TIE Advanced

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Ribann

Ribann

• Banned
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

List any ideas you have for improving TIE Advanced.

My ideas....

Title: XI (TIE Advanced Only) [Cost: 2]

You may use a Secondary Weapon without spending a Target Lock.

Modification: Oversized Armament Payload [Cost: 2]

When you equip (1) Cluster Missiles [Missile Slot], you may equip a second Cluster Missiles for a total of two.

Modification: SFS Engine Output (TIE Advanced Only) [Cost: 6]

Your action bar gains the [boost] icon. You may perform one free boost action after performing a boost action (for a total of two boost actions).

Missle: Near-field Communication Alignment [Cost 4]

When range 1 of another TIE Advanced, you may add one extra attack dice to your primary attack.

Elite Pilot Talent: I Have You Now [Cost 3]

When you roll 1 critical hit when attacking, you may perform a free target lock.

Just tossing some ideas out. Not all of them are good; you don't have to tell me. Just curious what some of you have come up with as far as making the TIE Advanced viable?

#2 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

I hope FFG hear all ours prays and give us a good upgrades to get the TA to live again, by now it's too obsolte, greetings.

• DarthJalapeno, stegocent, Ribann and 1 other like this
"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#3 Farlander

Farlander

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

"TIE Avenger Title" (TIE Advanced only) card: Increase attack value by 1. Cost: 3 or 4 points. 

• DagobahDave, DarthJalapeno, Iffo and 13 others like this

#4 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

some of these would be plenty fun but theyre a little overcosted.

wouldnt it be fun to have the advanced use all these crazy titles?  =D

--

mine:

problem:  1. tie adv too costly.  2. has no clear role.

attempt to fix:  1. reduce cost  2. look at what imperials are missing:  a 20 pt ish, moderately more tanky fighter.  basically, a multirole plane.  we have bombers and we have fighters, just no multiroles.  (go look at aircraft designations:  F-14, F/A-18)

TITLE:  -2 pts, Tie Adv gains system slot.  

uses:  FCS:  better fighter and good for low PS missile carriers.  Opens two roles: Fighter and Missile carrier. 

ADV SEN: high mobility fighter

sensor jammer:  could be used to increase tankiness. 

enhanced scopes.  nah. 

additionally, this means adding the engine upgrade would be more viable because of a lowered cost.  This lets the Adv possibly get more R1 shots, upping its firepower.  

Good attributes of the Adv:

has better survivability than the interceptors, phantoms and tie fighters

exists at a 20pt ish cost suggested of a medium fighter like the xwing

imagine: 5 PS2 Adv + 2 assault missiles.  Should be a bit better than the 5 Gamma + seismic squad.

or a 23pt PS2 with boost

27pt Vader.  This is not going to break any metas. Sorry, that's still two attack dice.  Vader isn't used in a prevalent amount in the current meta anyway.  Would help to have him as a good phantom fighter perhaps.  

• Cubanboy and Ribann like this

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#5 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

soo many people want the tie advance to be unbalanced.....

• haslo and Sithborg like this

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#6 Shaadea

Shaadea

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

one of these threads again... sigh

Why not use the search function, and revive one of the older "how to fix Tie Advance" threads; there are plenty!

• oneway likes this

#7 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

Thread necroing is generally frowned upon if not outright banned on most forums.
  • mazz0 likes this

#8 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Yeah the dead should stay dead, money spent on shotguns and shells is money not spend on x-wing.

• Red Castle, stegocent, mazz0 and 2 others like this

#9 berusplants

berusplants

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

Proton Rockets. 

Edited by berusplants, 20 July 2014 - 05:05 AM.

• Vorpal Sword, oddeye, Rob Jedi and 1 other like this

4 Ties, 2 Advanceds, 3 Bombers, 3 Squints (inc Aces), 2 Defenders, 1 Phantom, 1 Firespray, 1 Decimator and 2 Shuttles.

3Xs, 2Ys 3Bs, 3As (inc Aces), 1E, 3Z95s, 1 HWK, 1 YT1200, 1 YT 2400 and a Transport.

2Zs, 1Y, Firespray, HWK, Agressor, Starviper 

#10 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

"TIE Avenger Title" (TIE Advanced only) card: Increase attack value by 1. Cost: 3 or 4 points. 

Kaboom done!

:lol:

• Hobojebus likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." 😃  BLACK SIX RED SEVEN  😊  "The Only Meta Is Having FUN!" 💀

ALLIANCE: (43) A-WING: 6 B-WING: 6 E-WING: 3 HWK-290: 2 K-WING: 0 X-WING: 7 Y-WING: 7  Z-95: 7 YT-1300: 3 YT-2400: 2

EMPIRE: (39) TIE ADVANCED: 3 TIE BOMBER: 3 TIE DEFENDER: 4 TIE FIGHTER: 12 TIE INTERCEPTOR: 10 TIE PHANTOM: 3 TIE PUNISHER: 0 DECIMATOR: 3 LAMBDA:

SCUM: (43) FIRESPRAY-31: 4 HWK-290: 3 IG-2000: 2 KIHRAXZ: 0 M3-A: 8 STAR VIPER: 4 Y-WING: 7 YT-1300: 1 YV-666: 0 Z-95: 14

#11 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

I'd imagine that in just over a month you will see your new TIE Advanced in a new light.  

#12 Effenhoog

Effenhoog

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

It's a bit heavy handed but I have long considered an upgrade likes this:

Advanced Blasters: When attacking at range 2, increase your primary weapon value by 1 (to a maximum of 3)

Price it suitably and now any 2-attack ship that people lament as less competitive or not suitable to build lists around gets an attack boost without straight up making it 3 attack.  Originally this was my idea for a fix for the TIE Advanced and A-wing specifically but it just needs to be priced high enough that you can't cheese a bunch of academy pilots or z-95s with it

Unfortunately for the Advanced, it doesn't really have the upgrade slots for other releases to buff it naturally.  Short of releasing a title for it or new pilots (and it would be a travesty to release some unknown pilot that is better than Vader) there isn't much to be done, and the Advanced doesn't really have any repaint options aside from FFG just making it up.  That kind of just leaves the modification slot

#13 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

I'd like I see both a title and an Advanced-only modification for it, so you could potentially add both, depending how much you want to buff it.

There are plenty things that could be done in each upgrade: increase any one of the base stats, add a system, cannon or new action, subtract up to five points from the cost of an applied modification (to a minimum of zero), add a special new ability, add an EPT slot, meaning named pilots have two. I'd like something clever and playtested by FFG, so I'm not saying specifically "give it one extra primary attack" or whatever. Something though.

Edited by mazz0, 20 July 2014 - 08:45 AM.

• Hinnyboy and Vorpal Sword like this

#14 ObiWonka

ObiWonka

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

So your plan is to make a cheaper Defender? No.

• Disgruntled, Vorpal Sword, Sithborg and 1 other like this

Rebel: 4x A-Wing, 4x B-Wing, 2x E-Wing, 2x HWK-290, 4x X-Wing, 2x Y-Wing, 1x YT-1300, 1x YT-2400, 2x Z-95 Headhunter

Imperial: 1x Firespray-31, 1x Lambda Shuttle, 2x TIE Advanced, 2x TIE Bomber, 2x TIE Defender, 6x TIE Fighter, 6x TIE Interceptor, 2x TIE Phantom, 1x VT-49 Decimator

Scum: 2x Aggressor, 1x Firespray-31, 3x M3-A Interceptor, 1x StarViper, 2x Y-Wing, 4x Z-95 Headhunter

Tournament Record: 20-5 (2nd; 2nd; 1st; top 4; top 4)

#15 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

So your plan is to make a cheaper Defender? No.

Different dial, no cannon slot, less shields but does have an evade so yeah totally the same ship there.

The Avenger is going to turn up sooner or later and its going to have 3 attack.

• Iffo likes this

#16 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Yep. I concur with ribann.

Anyways i think we all agree that the advanced needs some love. I have no doubt ffg will provide. Probably in the next imp aces. Hopefully the y wing will see some lovin too...
  • Ribann likes this

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#17 patox

patox

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

pic2056588.jpg

• DarthJalapeno, Joe Boss Red Seven, Cubanboy and 3 others like this

#18 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

[insert link here to old threads]
Summarize:
free systems/FCS upgrade
X2-7 unique titles (including avenger. NO AVENGER MODEL)
Reduction of cost 3-4pts in form of refit (mod that reduces costs and adds systems slot?)

I expect we'll see an update soon. Huge ships maybe. Aces maybe. The new villain in Rebels is a sith inquisitor who flys an advanced.

#19 What

What

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

pic2056588.jpg

That's a cool idea, but... why is it better than Hull Upgrade?

X-Wing

Spoiler

Age of Rebellion game

#20 GeneticDrift

GeneticDrift

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

The problem with these added cost improvements is that they cost points. I don't think it is a good idea to spend more than 25 points on a ship with only 5 health.

A few good pilots could make them see play. They are not that bad. I would either make them team players (sharing focus or target locks) or more defensive (need TL or focus to be attacked or turns attack (eyes) to blanks...)

Edited by GeneticDrift, 20 July 2014 - 12:01 PM.