Maybe I'll see some of you at Gencon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

I will be there helping demo games for one of the vendors who will be there. I did buy any tickets for any X-Wing events when they went on sale because I didn't plan on going. But thanks to this vendor I get to go to Gencon and help them out! I am so excited just to be going and getting to see all the coolness that will abound.

Also I hope to meet some of the people from here and other forums as well. Now I'm just counting the days!
  • KineticOperator likes this

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 (3)YT-1300 (3) 2400 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90 (6)Rebel Aces

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces (2)VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy - (6)Most Wanted (7)M3-A (4)StarViper (2)Aggressor (3)Firespray-31 (6)HWK-290

#2 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I am planning on being at GenCon. What booth will you be working at?

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#3 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I should be there. First Gencon and none of my friends are going that I know of, so I'm sure I'll be lost and confused. :)

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

Member of the Scum and Villainy podcast. The best podcast. FFG named an entire faction after us.

#4 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I will be helping at Coolstuffinc.com booth.  I will be helping them with game demos.  I'll be free after about 7 pm on each day.  So if you wanna hangout or grab a bite to eat....let me know.

Edited by Bjorn Rockfist, 08 June 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 (3)YT-1300 (3) 2400 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90 (6)Rebel Aces

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces (2)VT-49 Decimator

Scum and Villainy - (6)Most Wanted (7)M3-A (4)StarViper (2)Aggressor (3)Firespray-31 (6)HWK-290

#5 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

I should be there. First Gencon and none of my friends are going that I know of, so I'm sure I'll be lost and confused. :)

Take a fairly detailed read through the online program, and figure out a few things to do each day before you get there. Last year was my first time, and I was not only lost and confused but overwhelmed by the sheer scale, and ended up spending a lot of time just wandering around in a daze rather than engaging in any of the completely awesome stuff happening around me.

…and it's at least equally important that you plan to get 6-8 hours of sleep and spend 10-15 minutes in the shower out of every 24-hour period. Not everyone does those things, and you can pretty easily pick them out of the crowd by Saturday morning. (c:

#6 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Take a fairly detailed read through the online program, and figure out a few things to do each day before you get there. Last year was my first time, and I was not only lost and confused but overwhelmed by the sheer scale, and ended up spending a lot of time just wandering around in a daze rather than engaging in any of the completely awesome stuff happening around me.

…and it's at least equally important that you plan to get 6-8 hours of sleep and spend 10-15 minutes in the shower out of every 24-hour period. Not everyone does those things, and you can pretty easily pick them out of the crowd by Saturday morning. (c:

I'm a veteran con goer, just not to Gencon (or anything of that scale). I am well familiar with the 6-2-1 rule. 6 hours of sleep, 2 actual meals, and 1 shower PER DAY.

As for plans, I have Thursday and Sunday planned. I hope to have Saturday planned (by making it to that day for X-Wing) and I've got Friday reserved for potentially X-Wing again just in case I A) Fail on Thursday and B) Get lucky enough to get in on Friday.

Thanks for the advice though. :)

• Vorpal Sword likes this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

Member of the Scum and Villainy podcast. The best podcast. FFG named an entire faction after us.