• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Seiito

Seiito

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

Cosplayers should stitch together!

While I have yet to cosplay from Star Wars, I was wondering how many of you cosplay from it.

Any pictures you share would be greatly appreciated. :D

#2 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

Well, I have two sets of unfinished stromtrooper that I will finish building one day and then join up with the 501st. One day... I also want to join up with the R2builders group and build my own life size R2 unit! One day...

IMG_2135_zpsc33ae6f0.jpg

DSC01918_zps1c47f355.jpg

DSC01909_zps022db00a.jpg

Edited by R2builder, 05 May 2014 - 04:43 AM.

• kaosoe and swheelock like this

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#3 Orjo Creld

Orjo Creld

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Never heard of this until now

#4 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

I've been wanting to acquire a stormtrooper armor set for a while, but I do not have the facilities or the talents to make my own, or the funds to purchase a set. Some day. Some day.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#5 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Just make sure you do your research before you buy. There are plenty of places to stay away from, especially if you are wanting to join the 501st. Rubies is one set not to buy! Also, I would stay away from Jedi-robe. But, don't take my word for it, check out all the details on whitearmor.net. Now that we are getting ready to go back to the US after seven years, I hope to finish up my armor and join the 501st! But good luck to you and your armor hunt/building if you ever get a set! 

For more cosplay options, check out this site!

http://www.anovos.co...bespin-fatigues

sw-luke-bespin-retail-0_zps31ecc9c9.png

Edited by R2builder, 05 May 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#6 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

I had a tough time squeezing into it, but I think the costume looked great.................. ;)

Yoda.jpg

• kaosoe, RedfordBlade, R2builder and 1 other like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze  and D&D 5E  Swords for Adventure

#7 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

So uh, did you have a hand up there like the real Yoda puppet? :)

Edited by R2builder, 05 May 2014 - 02:37 PM.

• kaosoe and 2P51 like this

#8 DarthGM

DarthGM

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

I might know a guy...

Commander Fil
Viktor Khoth
CT-4043
TB-4043
  • kaosoe and R2builder like this

a.k.a. "GM Phil"; Co-Host of The Order 66 Podcast on D20 Radio
Gaming and Costuming Blogger: Fragments From the Rim
CURRENT CAMPAIGN:  Another Longshot - EotE/AoR/F&D during the Legacy Era

Member of "Squadron 66"

#9 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

Very nice DarthGM! But no classic TK!? We are moving to northern Virginia in the next month, so while not close to New Hampshire, maybe I'll see you around at an event or two. The DC area has a pretty big Legion of the 501st and R2builders out there, so with any luck, along with a gaming group, I can get in with those guys and finish up my projects and start trooping! See Seiito, there are others out here that are super geeks! :)

#10 DarthGM

DarthGM

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Yup. You will rarely hear 501st or Rebel Legion members call it "cosplaying" tho. Just not a term us "vets" use to describe the hobby we have. We've been doing this as an organized club for charity (and to simply create with a high level of screen-accuracy) for 16 years now. We called it "trooping". Why would we call it something else when its worked for us for over a decade.

If anything, I prefer the motto of the Replica Prop Forus, we craft our fandom.

a.k.a. "GM Phil"; Co-Host of The Order 66 Podcast on D20 Radio
Gaming and Costuming Blogger: Fragments From the Rim
CURRENT CAMPAIGN:  Another Longshot - EotE/AoR/F&D during the Legacy Era

Member of "Squadron 66"

#11 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Also, I would stay away from Jedi-robe.

Why's that? Just curious. I never had any issues with them, and my application to the 501st was accepted outright. Been trooping for five years now.

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#12 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Glad you had good luck with them. After looking at their site, and reading the reviews on White Armor, they get bashed pretty bad. I don't have any experience with them, you can really go off reviews. It's always up to the individuals to do the research and buy what they think is best. I don't want to derail the topic at hand here. I am very happy you are happy with your Jedi-robe armor. And you are trooping, and I'm still trying to finish up my kits.

Edited by R2builder, 06 May 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#13 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Glad you had good luck with them. After looking at their site, and reading the reviews on White Armor, they get bashed pretty bad. I don't have any experience with them, you can really go off reviews. It's always up to the individuals to do the research and buy what they think is best. I don't want to derail the topic at hand here. I am very happy you are happy with your Jedi-robe armor. And you are trooping, and I'm still trying to finish up my kits.

Please don't misunderstand- I wasn't taking offense. I was genuinely curious because I've honestly heard very little about Jedi-Robe armor, even within the 501st. My only real complaint is that the armor was rather big on me when I first got it, and I needed to do some trimming to get it to fit better. Of course, now they sell a set of armor that's designed for smaller people. Anyway, to steer us a little bit closer to the original topic, here's a picture of me trooping at my FLGS (and FLCS) on Free Comic Book Day 2014.

IMG_2250.jpg

Best of luck with getting your armor finished and approved! Maybe at some point in the future we might even get to go trooping together.

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!