• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DSV1

DSV1

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:54 AM

Hello all

I have just bought the LCG core set and as I have never played AGOT before I watched the vidoe which is pretty good. I have played a few CCGs before such as SWCCG LOTR, L5R so I get the basic concepts of the game but I wanted to ask a couple of questions

1 Some of the cards have house specific Keywords on the such as the Direwolf Nymeria has a wolfs head symbol which i take to mean it attaches to a Stalwart Character only. As far as I can see the only Stalwart character in the core Stark set is Eddard ?.

2 Why does Eddard have Stalwart as a keyword and the direwolves have the symbol , wouldnt it be less confusing for them both to have either the keyword or the symbol or are there other reasons for this i do not know about ?.

3 The direwolves Nymeria and Summer are attachment cards which state that they get bonuses whilst attached to Arya /Bran respectively but they Arya and Bran in the core deck do not have the stalwart keyword so am I correct to think they cant be atteched to them and only to Eddard ?

Sorry for noob questions :)

Peter

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

All of your questions are pretty well answered by one simple thing:

The Rule Book is not at all clear on this and kind of screwed up in the explanation. The wolf's head symbol on the pages explaining the Stalwart keyword is meant to indicate the House the keyword "belongs" to, not the keyword itself. It is actually the "text version" of the Stark House Shield and should first be introduced on pg. 3 of the Rule Book - as it was in past version of the rules.

In short, the wolf head symbol stands for "Stark," not for "Stalwart." Once you know that, everything else falls into place.

#3 DSV1

DSV1

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

Ah ok that makes it all work now, thank you

yes pg21 of the core rule book is not good for new players then at all :(

thanks Pete

#4 Denim Demon

Denim Demon

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:07 AM

That confused me also,thanks for info!

#5 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:15 AM

There should have been a glossary or something in the rulebook.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS