Photo

Received a "free" copy - worth it to keep?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

I just won this title in a GeekGold auction and so it cost me no money to get a brand new, in shrink copy of a game. 

Is it worth it to keep the game or pass it along as trade fodder or a last minute gift?  I always like Knizia games and it seems the original Kingdoms was a gem.  The theme doesn't bother me one way or another.

Reviews on Kingdom show it to be a great 2-player game.  Does this still hold true for Beowulf?

#2 Shakar

Shakar

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hi,

I have both games, I prefere Beowulf: The Movie Boardgame over Kingdoms, because of  the 3 different boards and the bigger variety of tiles.

I have not tried any of these game as 2 players, but they worked as3/4 players.

Cheers,
Shakar

#3 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

thanx for the share.

#4 Trump

Trump

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

I just picked it up for $3 at BGG Con so clearly I believe a free copy is even more "worth it".    The thing about Kingdoms was that I had "solved" it.  It was still an okay game though.  Now, there are different shaped boards and a bit more chaos in the pieces. That's going to drive some off, but for me, a bit of chaos is appreciated in this game.  And it's by far the most visually appealing of the editions of this game.

#5 limiter3118

limiter3118

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

I have never played the Original Kingdoms, But I sat down with my wife and two freinds and we really enjoyed it.  I can't wait to get it back to the table again.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS