Deformed Voivodes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alexca1

Alexca1

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Just got Novgorod, and I can't begin to tell you guys....

Of the 4 voivodes i got, one only looks like the pics you see of what they're supposed to look like. Of course, one leg is on the base, but the other legs are... well, looks like they're stretching for an Olympic track and field event. Any ideas on how to get them fixed? I'm afraid to break them. Or do I just contact FFG for replacements? They look really bad.

#2 Chimaera

Chimaera

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

When I first looked at mine I thought the same but then on a second/third take, I realised they are in action poses. I had a look at the pictures on Board Game Geek and they looked exactly the same. I think they have tried to caprture them in various phases of movement/attack.

#3 Alexca1

Alexca1

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

Yikes! You're right! They look very spooky though. At first I thought your response was an April Fool's thing, but whne I looked at BGG, I saw them stretching too! Good grief!

#4 Nhoj

Nhoj

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

I'm so Stoopid I tried to fix them - with boiling water!

And then I realised the degree of my mistake (DOH!)

Thank you BGG

Nhoj

#5 Chimaera

Chimaera

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

Nhoj said:

with boiling water!

I almost did this myself. Hopefully your Voivodes came out unscathed.

#6 The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!

#7 Nhoj

Nhoj

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

Chimaera said:

Nhoj said:

with boiling water!

I almost did this myself. Hopefully your Voivodes came out unscathed.

They're fine - no thanks to me!

In my defence I do repaint the faces of the female characters to make them more appealing and am generally happy with the results.  Hasn't worked with Zorka though (she still looks like a pig with a gas mask)

Regards

Nhoj

#8 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

#9 Malechi

Malechi

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

I hate this board! The person or persons that wrote this code should be drawn and quartered at the soonest opportunity!

What I attempted to write above ....

Technically, unless you drop them in boiling water and leave  them there it shouldn't do any harm. The best part about this process is the fact that if you had adjusted the pose and wanted the original pose back ... simply put them back under hot water and, viola, they are back where they started! 

EDIT: Why is that in a white freakin' box!?! Frack the code writer!

#10 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

Malechi said:

I hate this board! The person or persons that wrote this code should be drawn and quartered at the soonest opportunity!

What I attempted to write above ....

Technically, unless you drop them in boiling water and leave  them there it shouldn't do any harm. The best part about this process is the fact that if you had adjusted the pose and wanted the original pose back ... simply put them back under hot water and, viola, they are back where they started! 

EDIT: Why is that in a white freakin' box!?! Frack the code writer!

Yeah, this board is no good. I love :( flooding it with a new post every week for my blog. Instead of just tagging it on to the old one.

I also love being able to have our own personal avatars...

Visit DocSavageTales.blogspot.com for cool stuff!

#11 sejestephan

sejestephan

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

In my novgorod they'd glued the character sheets together, so they're a little wrecked. In my brothers Novgorod some of the counters look as if they've been attacked by sandpaper.... wierd stuff.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS