• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mercutio

Mercutio

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:47 AM

Hi All,

This may have been covered in the past, but hey, new forums, new annoying questions that have been covered a million times before.

I get that, when the dice are rolled for the cult marker's movement, it can only move into the hex it is currently facing, or the hexes directly to the left or right of the current facing. What I'm not sure on is when the cult marker's facing changes. The rules only specifically state that the facing changes when the cult marker reaches the edge of the board. But, if the marker moves, say, to the right of it's current facing, does the facing change to match that movement? It makes logical sense that it would, but the rules don't cover it, so I'm just wondering what the official rule is.

#2 Jack.Slater

Jack.Slater

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:52 AM

If you look at the rules where diagram 1 is explained, you see that the bearing is determined by the hex in which the marker is moved.In this case south.

So for me the bearing (orange edge) always points in the just moved direction. 

#3 Mercutio

Mercutio

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

That's the interpertation that makes the most sense, to me, but it's the actual wording in the example that's throwing me. It seems to imply that the first player's choice of which direction to move out of Forge determines the cult marker's bearing until it reaches an edge of the board. What it says is that because the first player's only option is to move the marker south out of forge, "the cult's bearing would, from that point on, be south."

Maybe I'm reading too much into the wording of that example? Has anyone else interpreted/played it this way?

#4 tazbro

tazbro

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

We've always played it where the dark orange is rotated to point in the direction the marker was moved (current bearing). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS