• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 orclrob

orclrob

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hi,

So AGOT is my first delve into ccg/lcg.  So far I am loving it.   Came in right at the tail end when the switch was made from CCG to LCG.  As a result, I do not have all the history, but love the game to date.

Anyway, my understanding is that there are often regional events that lead up to the world championship at GENCON.  I'm planning to attend GENCON this year, is a similar tournament style event planned again for this year?  If so where can we find out more information on regionals and what not.

Thanks in advance

orclrob

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

orclrob said:

Anyway, my understanding is that there are often regional events that lead up to the world championship at GENCON.  I'm planning to attend GENCON this year, is a similar tournament style event planned again for this year?  If so where can we find out more information on regionals and what not.

No. This year, there are "rolling Regionals," for lack of a better term. A venue can sign up to host a Regional any time over the course of the year instead of just in the 6-8 week period from April through May.

There have been 2 so far (sort of). The first one was in Iowa back in October, but it ended up not being a true Regional because not enough people were in attendance (and the Regional kit showed up a week late). The other one was the "Black Friday" event in NYC the day after Christmas.

Other than those, I haven't heard of anyone even entertaining the thought of hosting one since the Organized Play program announced the "LCG only" as the primary Gencon tournament format. rings may be thinking of getting Regional status for Kublacon, but if he is, he hasn't mentioned it on the boards.

#3 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

We've been looking at having one here in SW Missouri, but are a little unsure of making the required numbers. Is anyone still willing to travel?

#4 RJM

RJM

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Kennon said:

We've been looking at having one here in SW Missouri, but are a little unsure of making the required numbers. Is anyone still willing to travel?

What kind of date were you looking at?  Depending, I might be able to make it  up.  Might even be able to convince my wife to come and play too.  And would it be LCG or something else?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS