Art from Kings Landing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

Here's some links to where art from Kings Landing can be found.

This first one is from enning Ludvigsen's site. Among the pictures are Arya and  Tyrion that Henning says are from the new set:

http://www.henninglu...php/main/works/

That man sure does great art!

This next one is the Cersei that we've already seen, only this is slightly larger with more art:

http://fc95.devianta..._by_jezebel.jpg

amazing.

#2 Lars

Lars

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:12 AM

great find JJ.

by far my favorite of the set and my favorite tyrion to date: www.henningludvigsen.com/images/uploads/artwork/agot_Tyrion_Lannister.jpg

#3 Old Ben

Old Ben

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:55 AM

I like the title of the artwork "Den of the icy wolf" ~ could this be a mistake/ typo?

Sure all the art is great, but i wonder if we´ll really have another Arya? I hope that the picture belongs just to a card that´s somehow  related with Arya. No need for actually 3x Arya´s in LCG format when other important uniques are not represented.

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

Anyone else notice how dark and grey the pictures of Arya and Tyrion were? In both pictures, they are essentially sneaking around in the shadows? Think it's related to the new crest, maybe?

#5 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:15 AM

I'm willing to bet money on that. It makes sense -- if we're going to get a new Arya, the only reason would be to have one with the Shadow crest. Tyrion fits as well -- that man is sneaky. The obvious Shadow characters are Varys, Littlefinger and even SPOILER Magister Illyrio (the fat man talking with Varys that Arya overhears in the tunnels under the Red Keep). But the set would need to have more than just 3 or 4 Shadow characters if they want to build an entire mechanic around it (though there might be Shadow locations and events, who knows how this will work).

Yes, the Tyrion card is amazing.  One of the best Tyrions the game has seen.

#6 eloooooooi

eloooooooi

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

My question is: why is noseless Tyrion wearing the Hand's necklace? :)

#7 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

SPOILERS!

See, that's what I thought, too. But noseless would also leave a scar, which isn't present, so I'm just assuming that its a really ugly nose on a really ugly dwarf. From Clash of Kings: The gash was long and crooked, starting a hair under his left eye and ending on the right side of his jaw. Three-quarters of his nose was gone, and a chunk of his lip.

Our first description of Tyrion gives us the following: His head was too large for his body, with a brute's squashed-in face beneath a swollen shelf of brow.

I'll admit, I never pictured his nose looking like that, but I can see how Henning took that path.

#8 jmccarthy

jmccarthy

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I wonder if there will be a trait for Hand of the King.  Especially with Jon Arryn coming out, they could make a number of different characters with that trait...

#9 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

jmccarthy said:

I wonder if there will be a trait for Hand of the King.  Especially with Jon Arryn coming out, they could make a number of different characters with that trait...

More likely, it'd be an attachment with the "Title" trait rather than an actual trait on characters.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS