good co-op game with friends?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 titanman083

titanman083

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'm looking for a good co-op game to play with my friends that will be fun and interesting for a long time. So im wondering if this would be a good choice?  or get something different like arkham horror, battlestar galactica or dracula. (just saw those on the website.)

thanks in advance

#2 myrm

myrm

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

Lord of the Rings base game is entirely co-operative - the players vs the game.

Battlestar Galactica is a stunning game but it is not a co-op game, its a team game with people unsure of how the teams are allocated, Arkham I do not know and Dracula is an opposed game with co-op elements. 

So if you want purely co-op then Lord of the Rings is the one from that list that I would point you towards. Also with the books and films its readily identifiable as a story so the theme works.

#3 KONRAD

KONRAD

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:37 AM

me and my friends have great fun w this one!

#4 edosan

edosan

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

Despite the fact that the ruleset can be quite baffling at times, this is one of our favorite games.

#5 myrm

myrm

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Yeah I think the rulebook is a bit obscure - finding how to end the game still catches me out.

#6 Plem45

Plem45

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

This is good for a short game (<1hr), and more approaching a beer and pretzel game. I don't mean that in a negative manner, just that you don't have to think as much as some of the other coops I have played.

#7 Admje14

Admje14

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

This game works well as a co-op game, and me and my friends had fun with it, but like stated previously, it should be observed that Battlestar Galactica isn't strictly co-op.  It all depends on what you're going for.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS