First Constructed Deck

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Phil43

Phil43

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

I am about to set up my first quest using a constructed deck.

I only have the core set and am just looking to do the Journey Down the Anduin for the first time.

I thought I would use Eowyn for her will power, Dunhere as I like the attacks in the staging area and Theodred to help build resources.

Some of the Allies from the leadership deck should help give some more powerful allies and the Stewart of Gondor again help build resources.

Make sense?

#2 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Heroes

Gimli (Tactics)
Theodred (Leadership)
Eowyn (Spirit)

Tactics

3x Veteran Axehand
1x Beorn
2x Feint
2x Quick Strike
2x Citadel Plate
2x Dwarven Axe

Leadership

2x Faramir
3x Snowbourn Scout
2x Longbeard Orc Slayer
2x Sneak Attack
2x Valiant Sacrifice
1x Grim Resolve
2x Steward of Gondor
1x Celebrian's Stone

Spirit

3x Lorien Guide
2x Northern Tracker
2x The Galadhrim's Greeting
2x Hasty Stroke
2x A Test of Will
3x Stand and Fight
1x Dwarven Tomb
1x Fortune or Fate
1x Unexpected Courage

Lore

3x Daughter of the Nimrodel

Neutral

3x Gandalf

This deck works very well against Anduin.  To play Daughter of the Nimrodel, you discard her with Eowyn's ability and play her with stand and fight.  I would mulligan for a Galadhrim's Greeting or some cannon fodder for the hill troll on stage 1.  You also want to take undefended attacks on Gimli so he can fight with attack power of 4-5 or even more if you put a citadel plate on him. 

Sure you can give your deck a try. :)  I would do that since that is a lot of the fun of the game; making up idea's and trying them out.  So I'm not sure if that deck will beat this quest but for sure give it a try.  Especially if you have used a deck simular to that before so you can get a good feel for the senario, not having the deck be the main problem.  Then if you get really stuck on this quest and need a new plan, there is the deck I posted above which should most likely beat it most of the time.  I would try it against Passage through Mirkwood first though so you could get a feel for the deck.  

Let me know how your deck works against Journey down the Anduin,

Khamul

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#3 Phil43

Phil43

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the comments
I see your suggested deck had daughters of nimrodol
As she is a lore character how do you get her into play with no lore Heroe

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for the comments
I see your suggested deck had daughters of nimrodol
As she is a lore character how do you get her into play with no lore Heroe

you discard her and then bring her back with stand and fight, which can play allies of any sphere (apart from neutral)

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 Phil43

Phil43

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Brilliant !

#6 Phil43

Phil43

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

If I had read the first reply correctly I would know that wouldn't I!

#7 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Yeah I said that in the description :) No Problem :) 

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#8 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

So how did it go?

#9 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Ooops my bad. Didn't see the other topic

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS