about Ten Towers Longship

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sky_cuson

sky_cuson

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

The Towers Longship: You may discard an event card attached to Ten Towers Longship to play it as if it was in your hand. Then, place that event on the bottom of its owners deck. Response: After you win a challenge by 4 or more total STR, kneel Ten Towers Longship to choose an event card in the losing opponent's discard pile. Attach that event card to Ten Towers Longship.

If I attach Frozen Solid to Ten Towers Longship ,if the event cards attached to it will be discarded? What about to attach to the event cards attached to it? And why? 

And about to attach Seized to Ten Towers Longship?

#2 J_Roel

J_Roel

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

I could be completely wrong, as I'm looking at this from a logical standpoint, which is dangerous in AGoT, but I would interpret it as follows: the events are attached to the location through a lasting effect, so blanking it (via Frozen Solid) would not remove them, but it would mean that there was no longer a way of using them. However, because the location attaches the events to itself, I do believe that they would be treated as attachments, and would therefore be vulnerable to Seized. If there is a precedent here that I'm unaware of, anyone can feel free to jump in and tell me off.

"...and Balerion... his fire was as black as his scales, his wings so vast that whole towns were swallowed up in their shadow when he passed over head."

#3 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

Sounds about right. There might be some confusion about whether or not they're attachments, but I'm pretty sure there is a rule in the rulebook that says if something is attached to something else it is an attachment.

#4 Underworld40k

Underworld40k

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Nearest precedent i can think of is abandoned forge and riders of the red fork. In that instance you can search for the riders (who make themselves meet the criteria) and attach them to the forge where they stay put but you cant move them from the forge to the in play area as they dont meet the conditions for the move.

As j_roel suggests i would agree that the lasting effect keeps the events in place. Likewise as long as they are considered attachments (which they will be by the lasting effect) they should be vulnerable to seized.

#5 J_Roel

J_Roel

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yeah, we got into a discussion on cardgamedb about why the events are vulnerable to seized and I posted this entry from the faq, so that much is confirmed:

"(3.24) Card Type Changes to Attachment
An attachment is defined as a card in your deck, hand, discard pile, or dead pile, of the actual "attachment" card type, as well as any card in play that is considered to be "attached" to another card.

Facedown attachments are also considered attachments, but with the following additional rule: If a facedown attachment leaves play for any reason, it is immediately put into its owner's discard pile. Facedown attachments have no traits, no abilities, and no card type other than "attachment."

When a card is "attached," it loses any other card type (character, location, event) it may have."

"...and Balerion... his fire was as black as his scales, his wings so vast that whole towns were swallowed up in their shadow when he passed over head."

#6 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Actually, Abandoned Forge has the keyword "No attachments except Weapon", so Riders of the Red Fork would fail to attach in the first place, even though its text allows you to search for it as anything.

#7 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Actually, Abandoned Forge has the keyword "No attachments except Weapon", so Riders of the Red Fork would fail to attach in the first place, even though its text allows you to search for it as anything.

I said the same to Ktom and he disagreed a long time ago if I recall correctly. His logic had to do with something about the effect having been initiated and overriding... or something. I don't really know and agree with you, but I'm not sure it would be the correct answer.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS