A few rule questions from Passage Through Mirkwood

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil43

Phil43

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Just completed the Pasage Through Mirkwood with the Spirit Deck (big dea I know, but it was fun!)

A few questions have arisen.

1. Beorn's Path says that Ungoliants Spawn must be in play. What if he has been discarded as a shadow card?

2. If a hero is lost and then the discard pile resuffled is the hero put in the deck, and if so is there any playing cost when it is revealed?

3. Norther Tracker allows you place travel counters on locations in the staging area. If you have the total Travel cost while the location is still in the staging area what happens? I assumed that you still had to travel to the location, but discared the card immediately and implemented any card effects in the normal way. Is that right? (PS is the quest ever considered to be a "location")?

Many thanks for any replies.

Really enjoying the card game and looking forward to my next outing!

Philip

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Phil43 said:

Just completed the Pasage Through Mirkwood with the Spirit Deck (big dea I know, but it was fun!)

A few questions have arisen.

1. Beorn's Path says that Ungoliants Spawn must be in play. What if he has been discarded as a shadow card?

2. If a hero is lost and then the discard pile resuffled is the hero put in the deck, and if so is there any playing cost when it is revealed?

3. Norther Tracker allows you place travel counters on locations in the staging area. If you have the total Travel cost while the location is still in the staging area what happens? I assumed that you still had to travel to the location, but discared the card immediately and implemented any card effects in the normal way. Is that right? (PS is the quest ever considered to be a "location")?

Many thanks for any replies.

Really enjoying the card game and looking forward to my next outing!

Philip

1.beorns path says that it cant be completed whilst it is in play i believe. so a shadow card is discard has no effect on this.

2.i think they are shuffled and then no cost to play

3.it is explored as soon as it has enough progress, regardless of where it is.

the quest is not considered to be the location, however if a card says 'place on quest' and there is an active loction, the location always acts as a buffer unless otherwise stated on the loction or quest

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

for question #2, here's the bit that covers it in the manual:

"Any time one of these cards has 0 hit points, it is immediately defeated. Defeated characters are placed in their owner’s discard pile, and defeated enemies are placed in the encounter discard pile. Note that hero cards that are defeated are placed in their owner’s discard pile. When resolving effects that move cards from a player’s discard pile to his hand or deck, hero cards in the discard pile are ignored, as hero cards cannot move to a player’s hand or deck." (pg 20)

There is a quest (Foundations of Stone) where heroes can go into your deck, but in typical play if a hero is defeated, they go to the discard pile and stay there unless you have a card that specifically revives a hero, like Fortune or Fate.

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

GrandSpleen said:

for question #2, here's the bit that covers it in the manual:

"Any time one of these cards has 0 hit points, it is immediately defeated. Defeated characters are placed in their owner’s discard pile, and defeated enemies are placed in the encounter discard pile. Note that hero cards that are defeated are placed in their owner’s discard pile. When resolving effects that move cards from a player’s discard pile to his hand or deck, hero cards in the discard pile are ignored, as hero cards cannot move to a player’s hand or deck." (pg 20)

There is a quest (Foundations of Stone) where heroes can go into your deck, but in typical play if a hero is defeated, they go to the discard pile and stay there unless you have a card that specifically revives a hero, like Fortune or Fate.

ah i thought the author specifically meant 'Lost and alone' ….by using the word 'lost'. ..hence my answer

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS