Speculation next two Heroes

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

I think it's a good chance we will see Faramir next AP.  With so many ranger and trap cards going to lore my guess is that he will be lore as well.  Unless he is leadeship with ability to play ranger cards of any sphere.

A wild guess for the 5 th AP is Aragorn Spirit.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#2 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Tracker1 said:

I think it's a good chance we will see Faramir next AP.  With so many ranger and trap cards going to lore my guess is that he will be lore as well.  Unless he is leadeship with ability to play ranger cards of any sphere.

A wild guess for the 5 th AP is Aragorn Spirit.

I also think we should get a Faramir. And maybe anohter Elf. Maybe Galadriel at last!

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#3 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Really want Thuranduil.  Really really want him.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#4 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

I think we will see Faramir until the 5th AP. I REALLY hope we get another Outland hero, a ledership one would be better.

#5 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

I doubt there will be a Gondor Hero … As after Khazad dum there were no dwarve heroes in the cycle that followed, I guess the same will happen know with Gondor

Having this in mind I also hope for Thranduil. Galadriel should be way too powerfull if ever made so I do not think it will happen but I would love it

PS: Is it just me that most of my favourite Tolkien heroes are from Sillmarillion ? Thumbs up for Fingolfin :P 

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

im going for thranduil or faramir

thranduil will give a dain/theoden boost and faramir will be mono sphere based

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

even though Faramir would be a great fit in lore with all the rangers and traps, he seems pre-destined to be the mono-leadership booster hero in the 4th AP which is already confirmed to have a "ranger hero".  one would think that last remaining hero would be a mono-spirit booster but who it would be, i have no idea…an elf either noldor or silvan would make sense or maybe i'm just hoping that so that a character as important as Thranduil or Galadriel can be left for a more useful design choice.  Celeborn on the other hand i think would be a good fit

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#8 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

If you read the preview for Assault on Osgiliath (toward the end), you'll know we're getting Faramir (with almost a certainty). I hope he's Leadership mono-booster, but there's a strong point for Lore, as the Rangers and Traps come in that Sphere. Also, now that the previous charactger/sphere rules were shattered, there would be the same ally-hero shift for Denethor and Faramir, if Faramir were Lore. On the other hand, if he's Leadership, One could have the hero brothers and their dad as an ally (but you can already have the reduced family in the Leadership sphere anyways).

#9 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

I also really hope it's an elf for the fifth pack. There are only 7 elf-heroes, and only 6 if you don't count the Glorfindel duplicate. I'm hoping mostly for a Haldir hero, but Celeborn, Galadriel, or Thranduil would all do nicely.

• danpoage likes this

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#10 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

legolas18 said:

I also really hope it's an elf for the fifth pack. There are only 7 elf-heroes, and only 6 if you don't count the Glorfindel duplicate. I'm hoping mostly for a Haldir hero, but Celeborn, Galadriel, or Thranduil would all do nicely.

Yeah, the last unspoiled hero (fifth pack) will most likely be Spirit and I too hope we get another Elf: Galadriel, Celeborn, Thranduil all seem great candidates. To this day I wonder why we were not getting more Silvan love when we were in the Mirkwood area, because I can't see the game returning there any time soon; it was a great thematic opportunity to get the Wood Elves and their craft; however, the latter we get the Elves, the more interesting they may be. Look what happened to the Rohan cards from the Mirkwood cycle, they were quite strong for the cycle itself but I wouldn't like to play a Rohan deck against the Númenor quests (or the Hobbit, or the subsequent probably).

#11 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Personally, I'm really hoping we don't see Galadriel for quite some time.  She's one of my least favorite characters in the Ring Cycle, and had to be wrinkled backwards into the history of Middle-Earth after she was included in the the War of the Ring stories.  Thranduil is another character I could do without for awhile.  My distrust of him runs deep from my love of reading The Hobbit as a child.... lol.  (was SOOOO glad we didn't see him as a hero in either of The Hobbit boxes)...

I would like to see more elven (Silvan) heroes though.  And I have been on record here for quite some time stating that I think Celeborn should be an excellent candidate as a hero in the near future.  I would like to toss an additional name out there for consideration:  Cirdan the Shipwright.  One of the oldest and wisest elves living during the time of the WOTR.

I know that that there isn't as much of a story built around those two compared to Galadriel now (to draw theme and strenghts/abilities from), but I think there are some very strong possibilities for those two.  I think a lot of people were surprised that Elrond didn't provide some form of Elven bonus.  But I think his ability fits him perfectly, and is hardly crippling.  Celeborn, however, as Lord of Lothlorien, would be the PERFECT candidate to introduce some sort of (Silvan) Elven trait bonus.  Perhaps a healing/hit-point bonus (to keep those Mirkwood Runners alive longer!)...

And I think it would be great to see Cirdan out there, simply because I'd relish the thought of how they would do his artwork, simply because he was one of the rare elves that actually grew a beard (perhaps it's a petty reason for me... lol).  But I think that as the bearer of Narya, which he later wisely gave to aid Gandalf, that he could have some sort of Istari bonus that focused on making Radagast and Gandalf 2 more playable (let's be honest... most of us still use the core Gandalf.  He's just too damn good).  Not to mention that he should also be in the running to be a target for Narya along with Gandalf whenever they get around to creating that artifact in the game.

Edited by benhanses, 09 July 2013 - 06:20 PM.

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#12 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

i'm dying in anticipation for the reveal of the "ranger" hero (whom has just got to be Faramir) i've already resigned myself to assuming he'll be a mono-sphere leadership booster but regardless if he is anything short of awesome i may run away to the depths of dul guldor and go crazy.

I would be more than happy to see Celeborn or Cirdan be tentative mono spirit booster

*all assuming the next two heroes round out the mono booster theme of this cycle*

#13 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Faramir is all but given and I hope we get Thorongil, but I doubt it.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#14 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

i think it may be slightly too early to have a 3rd Aragorn already.  I would think that they'll avoid triples of heroes until we've had at least 1 of all the major characters...although if any character was going to get a 3rd hero version first it'll be him...it would be interesting in regards to the naming tho.  They would probably still have to call him Aragorn on the card with the unique symbol or else people could end up with two of the same character in play because of a technicality.  The player base would probably still reference him as Thorongil as long as the art and flavor text reflected it for the same reasons everyone calls the lore aragorn strider   

#15 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

I can't wait to get Narya and Nenya. Which also means that there has to be a Galadriel and (cross my fingers) a hero Gandalf. Cirdan would be a good hero to have as well.

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#16 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

Here is a wild guess. Faramir will be something like Oin, two sphere leadership lore, he will be lore and his ability will be something like when you control x number of ranger allies faramir gains leadership. When faramir gains leadership gondor allies gain +1 willpower.

How's that sound?

Or maybe he will just be a momo leadership buff, but ihope his ability is not restricted to monosphere only.

Who knows we may not even get Faramir.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#17 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

i really like your faramir ability in how it ties together both ranger status but can still buff gondor characters.  would love to see that on the card (even though im fully aware it likely wont be)

#18 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Círdan is a good choice. Of course theme doesn't always count here but if there should be an Elf in the Gondor cycle, it may as well be Círdan as the see route between Pelagir and Grey Havens is an intriguing one. More so, we have already got Harbour Master.

#19 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

And yeah, Leadership and Ranger booster for Faramir, it sounds too good to be true. Since his ally version is very powerful, the hero may be a bit of a let-down. Then, since we've been waiting so long for such a beloved character, it might not be. I do believe ffg listens to its customers, and reads these boards... I remember when there was an outcry (sort of, I was certainly trying my best) about Lore Glorfindel not being among the best, ffg tried hard to make the Spirit version better (though the reasoning may differ, of course). Faramir is a character many readers and gamers are looking forward to, he may as well be another Glorfindel-kind-strong?

#20 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

What about Gwaihir? We see the picture already but he still not here.......The eagles need a leader!

• DevastazioneH88 and danpoage like this

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS