The Copy-Cat Investigator Creation Collection

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Due to the same reasoning behind Aqua's own thread for all of their created content, I decided to go ahead and follow suit. I have a large number of created Investigators and so as not to bury the Investigator thread in unnecessary content and to leave things open for critiquing where I won't have to flip through everything (that is, if anyone actually critiques) I have it all in one place.

I'm going to post them in blocks of five and will add in my comments on each one as I go along. Here at the top of the thread I"ll post the link to the full printable version for use.

I will also acknowledge that the characters used for the Investigator's art are not my own. While I did use a posing program (and subsequently for a number of them Blender and Corel) I do not actually own the models. There are definitely familiar faces that you'll see in the Investigator sheets for sure.

Alright, here is the first set that has both Personal Stories AND Completed sheets! Click on the list titles to be taken to the Skydrive to download the actual .eon files, and click on the individual Investigators names to view the images.

Gentlemen Investigators

Émile Rathbone

Cesare Valentino

Oubastet al-Suyuti

Lady Investigators:

Edited by Dr.Faust, 06 July 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#2 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

#3 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

#4 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

#5 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

#6 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

[[Investigator adjusted and moved to later Post.]]

Edited by Dr.Faust, 04 July 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

I do not comment Investigators; anyhow, I'll do an exception and comment on the last one. So, technically, you created a 3 speed character able to automatically negate every Headline appearing. Not to mention the incredible amount of damage he could create with Credit rating and  movement point generator item (Motorcycle, Rubin of R'lyeh, or similar).

One of the good things FFG investigators had, was that there was a certain balance among the special abilities and the stats. Not all characters created were equally balanced, of course, but in Locke's case the character is quite broken. You should reconsider costs and the way points are allocated among the Stats

Just my 2 cents, though

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#8 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Julia said:

I do not comment Investigators; anyhow, I'll do an exception and comment on the last one. So, technically, you created a 3 speed character able to automatically negate every Headline appearing. Not to mention the incredible amount of damage he could create with Credit rating and  movement point generator item (Motorcycle, Rubin of R'lyeh, or similar).

One of the good things FFG investigators had, was that there was a certain balance among the special abilities and the stats. Not all characters created were equally balanced, of course, but in Locke's case the character is quite broken. You should reconsider costs and the way points are allocated among the Stats

Just my 2 cents, though

Noted. Thanks for deigning to comment on my entry.

Here's the update:

#9 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

A lot better :) Thematically, he's good, and it makes worth staying in Street areas. Stats are more balanced, and the character could be interesting to play :) Last point that you could consider: since he's a minor, maybe he shouldn't be allowed to become the Deputy. This is a common house rule used for Wendy Adams (who's Minor as well). Still, even if you keep him as he is, you have a good character :)

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#10 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Julia said:

A lot better :) Thematically, he's good, and it makes worth staying in Street areas. Stats are more balanced, and the character could be interesting to play :) Last point that you could consider: since he's a minor, maybe he shouldn't be allowed to become the Deputy. This is a common house rule used for Wendy Adams (who's Minor as well). Still, even if you keep him as he is, you have a good character :)

I contemplated adding that in as an additional rule, just like with Wendy, but, as is obvious, I took several ques from her in terms of stats for Locke. I think the reason why they might have left it alone for Wendy is that cops usually make kids 'honorary' deputies usually for fun. And really, Wendy is so fast and generally bad at closing gates (at least more than one) and killing monsters on her own that most folks aren't going to have her aim for being a deputy anyway.

#11 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Dr.Faust said:

I contemplated adding that in as an additional rule, just like with Wendy, but, as is obvious, I took several ques from her in terms of stats for Locke. I think the reason why they might have left it alone for Wendy is that cops usually make kids 'honorary' deputies usually for fun.

That's interesting! Didn't know, thanks for telling me :)

Dr.Faust said:

And really, Wendy is so fast and generally bad at closing gates (at least more than one) and killing monsters on her own that most folks aren't going to have her aim for being a deputy anyway.

Yeah, agreed. Additionally, her special ability allowing her to auto evade monsters in street, paired up with her 5 Speed, makes the use of Patrol Wagon a little useless..

#12 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Dr.Faust said:

I contemplated adding that in as an additional rule, just like with Wendy, but, as is obvious, I took several ques from her in terms of stats for Locke. I think the reason why they might have left it alone for Wendy is that cops usually make kids 'honorary' deputies usually for fun.

That's interesting! Didn't know, thanks for telling me :)

Dr.Faust said:

And really, Wendy is so fast and generally bad at closing gates (at least more than one) and killing monsters on her own that most folks aren't going to have her aim for being a deputy anyway.

Yeah, agreed. Additionally, her special ability allowing her to auto evade monsters in street, paired up with her 5 Speed, makes the use of Patrol Wagon a little useless..

Agreed. If you need the Patty Wagon to get Wendy around town AND to avoid monsters, you are playing her very, very poorly! XD

#13 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Oubastet-1_zps80999bef.png

#14 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

Cameron_zps4782c45f.png

#15 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Cyril-Manri-Front-Face_zps6a0d3641.png

#16 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Brian-Talbot-Front-Face_zps7e01b45a.png

#17 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Yuuko-Lockhart-Front-Face_zps5330f4c7.pn

#18 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Tzeitel-Weitz-Front-Face_zpse2f98fa1.png

#19 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Tristan-Almasy-Front-Face_zpsc17a9cdd.pn

#20 Dr.Faust

Dr.Faust

• Members
  • 352 posts

Travis-Eckels-Front-Face_zps860e1ed5.png

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS