50 point Free For All!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

We will be playinga 4+ players Free For All this weekend, 50 points per player.  Let's see some suggestions!

Here is what I am thinking:

Howlrunner

Dark Curse

Backstabber

Enimo Et Fide

#2 Cptnhalfbeard

Cptnhalfbeard

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

One thing to keep in mind with free-for-alls is that the amount of ships potentially after you is much higher.  Now you have 150 points worth of ships that could fire at you, or get in your way.

I am a huge fan of interceptors, but sadly you can't get too many of them with 50 points.  Here is my suggestion:

Soontir Fel w/ Stealth Device

Mauler Mither w/ Stealth device

Chances are good that Mauler will get close enough to get his extra die with so many ships, and soontir is just strong on his own.  I know 2 ships isn't much, but hopefully the stealth can keep you alive.  Good luck with whatever you end up with!

#3 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Our last FFA was at 31 points and the exchange of fire was pretty well spread around.  I had Turr Phennir w/stealth and push the limit.  He took some early damage from a 'roid but ended up taking out 2 other players before meeting his demise vs another 'roid.  It wasa bad day for hail damage!

Enimo Et Fide

#4 MrHello

MrHello

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'd be either playing for longevity, or trying to appear as the lowest threat on the board.

Rookie Pilot + R2F2 + Stealth Device

Gold squad + ion cannon

-or-

Garven + R2F2 + Stealth

Prototype

-or-

2 x Awings maybe with missles

There's also something to be said about Soontir Fel with PTL and stealth, using the maneuverabilty to keep out of harms way as much as possible, but I'd imagine that ship would be the A1 priority for everyone to get rid of.  Dark Curse is extremely durable as well, so that could be a really solid squad if you're skilled at maneuvering, just stay away from Ion cannons, and don't overlap anything.

Ulimately, I'd choose this one for it's low threat, easy strategy, and high durability:

2 x Gold Squad pilot with Ion cannon

You can round the squad out with an R2D2, Stealth or R2F2 and an R2, with a torpedo, or upgrade one or both to a Grey squad. I'd probably go with R2D2.

16 points worth of hits to take you down (at least), and with low agility, and attack, most people are going to see you as an easy target for later in the game, so you may be able to squeeze through with a major advantage in shielding.  Stay away from the major battles, firing your ions into them then let your other opponents tear the ionized ship apart the next turn, just don't let your opponents figure your strategy out, or everyone will be after you.  Target high attack dice ships first because if it comes down to it, they can pick you apart at range 3 once the board has become less cluttered.  Still, try to keep the battle even (without angering any one player), so at the end there are a handful of weak ships left, and you'll hopefully still have 2 ships with decent hull, or 1 fully healthy ship.

Best of luck!

#5 Kevas

Kevas

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I really like this idea. The 100 point games are great but we often have 4-6 people and want to have everyone get some time in the action so this looks like something we can try.

#6 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

id go with a single ship…

Luke +R2D2 + shield upgrade + proton torps+ veteren insticts

41pts, pilot skill 10,

:)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#7 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

X-Wings with Target Lock is the Ultimate Power in the Universe.

2x Rookie Pilot + R5 Astromech + Stealth Device.

Or Han can go Solo with an Engine Upgrade.

#8 MrHello

MrHello

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

Norsehound said:

Or Han can go Solo with an Engine Upgrade.

Isn't Han already Solo…As in Han Solo…actually forget I said anything, most people do anyway :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS