• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hey whats up!

I leave you all here a link with a really interesting interview that was made a while ago to George Lucas, it comes to explain the motive of the big **** he did with episodes I, II and III and his intention (not sure if Disney will help) in a future of re-structuring the story so that it fits better with the other films of the original triology we like so much. Fortunately he would leave about of the script Jar Jar Binks and Anakin as a child and teenager (Thank God), i really find Jake Lloyd's and Hayden Christensen's acting some of the worst ever.  

Leave here your comments!

#2 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Have you looked at the date of this article?

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg
Next destination: Make a suggestion!

#3 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

mischraum.de said:

That's why I wrote a while ago, my friend.

#4 sageleader

sageleader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

This is clearly a fake interview. Lucas would never say any of that. Find another posting of it not on Wordpress and I might believe it.

#5 Muad Dib

Muad Dib

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

You really thought this was authentic? You can tell it was written by a fanboy that had his dreams crushed after watching episodes 1-3. The people that do the most complaining about these movies are some of the least creative people on this planet. They are good at criticizing and complaining, but how how many movies have they directed? how many screenplays have they wrote? how many movies have they acted in?  These people will go through their whole complaining about what others have created. If you can create something better- than go out there and do it.

#6 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Order 66 said:

mischraum.de said:

That's why I wrote a while ago, my friend.

You missed his point. Article came out APRIL 1, 2011. 

#7 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Muad Dib said:

You really thought this was authentic? You can tell it was written by a fanboy that had his dreams crushed after watching episodes 1-3. The people that do the most complaining about these movies are some of the least creative people on this planet. They are good at criticizing and complaining, but how how many movies have they directed? how many screenplays have they wrote? how many movies have they acted in?  These people will go through their whole complaining about what others have created. If you can create something better- than go out there and do it.

Bingo. 100% this.

#8 sageleader

sageleader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

I also agree with you 100% Muad Dib (whose name is very familiar to a rapper in Minneapolis I love). While I will never say that the prequels are the best movies ever made, I love them for the universe and for the story. Even if they aren't the best acted films of all time, just look at the relationship between Han and Leia. Did you ever feel any actual emotion between them? I didn't really.

But that's not the point - the point is that the characters are amazing, the universe is unlike anything else, and the story is so interesting. Which is why all of us love and play SWLCG - because we want to (or already) know what Nightsisters are and want to know more.

#9 naken77

naken77

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

I hate the prequels and I realy disslike George for ruining em for me. To be honest i didnt even have high expectasions. Thanks the lords that its Abrams whos gonna make the new ones.

#10 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Muad Dib said:

To much anger I sense on you my friend, calm down a bit, all that hatred is no good for your health. But yeah I could have been wrong didn't realize it was April fools' day, just thought old Lucas had still some sanity inside of him..

#11 FerroKoth

FerroKoth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Muad Dib said:

Like- Very true

#12 Muad Dib

Muad Dib

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Not anger, not hatred… just pure passion, buddy. 

#13 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

I don't hate the prequels. I'm the first to confess they're not great cinema, but I have better things to do than 'hate' a movie (well, unless it's The Love Guru).

The problem with the prequels would have been the same in the hands of any director: prequels suck. We know what happens. It's a no-win situation. I enjoyed The Hobbit, but did I have any anxiety about Bilbo's safety? Of course not. Did I hope that the crew of the Prometheus was going to achieve their goals and have a meaningful dialogue with 'god'? Nuh-uh. Would I like to see a movie about Quint's pre-Jaws adventures in fish-catching aboard the Orca? Hell, naw.

Everybody hates on Lucas because the Star Wars series is, arguably, the biggest film franchise of all time. So if those films were gonna fail, they weren't gonna fail 'slightly'. But I've always felt that anyone who wanted the prequels to effectively be Episodes IV, V, and VI, but twenty years prior, is fooling themselves. Look at Obi-Wan's description of the era: "the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy". Clearly, we're not talking about a rag-tag bunch of outlaw heroes cruising around in a boogie van. It's a different kind of story.

Yes, I cringe when I hear a lot of the prequels' dialogue, and I wince when I watch great actors stumbling woodenly around in front of a green screen. But I still enjoy the films… because when all is said and done, I think Lucas really did give us the story he'd (essentially) imagined all along.

So, yeah… prequel = bad. :P

#14 Raistlinrox

Raistlinrox

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

IMO, the prequels got their own job done.  There is a LOT going on in that time for it to fit into 3 movies..so of course it's not going to be as good as we could potentially imagine it.  But, the novels do a GREAT job of filling in gaps or answering questions that the prequels produced.  Has anyone read Dark Lord or Darth Plagueis?  Those books (especially Darth Plagueis) fill in an absolute metric ton of answers that many people (including myself) asked the questions to.  The dialogue may not have been the greatest script, but it told a really cool story when looked at after reading some of the background materials.  

I really encourage anyone here who likes to read books to check out "Darth Plagueis" if you haven't done so already.  It answers a lot of questions raised by the whole prequel trilogy, has some surprise appearances, and is just really well-written.  So far, there is only one thing I don't like about the book, but to bring it here would spoil some of the story, so I'll keep that to myself.  And it's a minor thing, in the grand scheme of things.  Something to do with names….

#15 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

Raistlinrox said:

IMO, the prequels got their own job done.  There is a LOT going on in that time for it to fit into 3 movies..so of course it's not going to be as good as we could potentially imagine it.  But, the novels do a GREAT job of filling in gaps or answering questions that the prequels produced.  Has anyone read Dark Lord or Darth Plagueis?  Those books (especially Darth Plagueis) fill in an absolute metric ton of answers that many people (including myself) asked the questions to.  The dialogue may not have been the greatest script, but it told a really cool story when looked at after reading some of the background materials.  

I really encourage anyone here who likes to read books to check out "Darth Plagueis" if you haven't done so already.  It answers a lot of questions raised by the whole prequel trilogy, has some surprise appearances, and is just really well-written.  So far, there is only one thing I don't like about the book, but to bring it here would spoil some of the story, so I'll keep that to myself.  And it's a minor thing, in the grand scheme of things.  Something to do with names….

Honestly, I'm glad someone brought up the novels. I read these as a kid and knew almost exactly what was going to happen in this trilogy years before they came out. I'm not sure if it was just reaching too far, bad acting, or bad writing in general. I was disappointed in these movies.

I don't hate them by any means, but disappointed is by far the most appropriate word for my feelings about this trilogy. My main problem was Anakin, who is supposed to be the focus of all 6 movies, showing his recruitment into the Jedi Order, his fall, and finally being redeemed by his son believing there was still good left in him, thus completing the prophecy and bringing balance to the force. Jake Lloyd, while a decent child actor, played this one a little too naive and innocent. Don't even get me started on Christiansen. I normally am okay with his stuff……

I cried at the end of the volcano fight scene in the novel (yes, volcano, not volcanic mining planet… a big ass mountain in the middle of the jungle, away from people and epic locale for a duel). I felt so bad for Anakin and Obi-Wan. It was a really emotional moment.

The scene in the movie…. I felt more sorry for the droids that would have to filter out the charred human remains from the product. Seriously. My first thought was "Well, Anakin, you little S***. You got what was coming to you. Maybe now you'll stop whining about your mommy."

There. I'll stop my rant before I get too carried away. The prequels could have been executed so much better, but they were not dream ruining for me.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#16 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

I don't hate the prequels. I'm the first to confess they're not great cinema, but I have better things to do than 'hate' a movie (well, unless it's The Love Guru).

The problem with the prequels would have been the same in the hands of any director: prequels suck. We know what happens. It's a no-win situation. I enjoyed The Hobbit, but did I have any anxiety about Bilbo's safety? Of course not. Did I hope that the crew of the Prometheus was going to achieve their goals and have a meaningful dialogue with 'god'? Nuh-uh. Would I like to see a movie about Quint's pre-Jaws adventures in fish-catching aboard the Orca? Hell, naw.

Everybody hates on Lucas because the Star Wars series is, arguably, the biggest film franchise of all time. So if those films were gonna fail, they weren't gonna fail 'slightly'. But I've always felt that anyone who wanted the prequels to effectively be Episodes IV, V, and VI, but twenty years prior, is fooling themselves. Look at Obi-Wan's description of the era: "the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy". Clearly, we're not talking about a rag-tag bunch of outlaw heroes cruising around in a boogie van. It's a different kind of story.

Yes, I cringe when I hear a lot of the prequels' dialogue, and I wince when I watch great actors stumbling woodenly around in front of a green screen. But I still enjoy the films… because when all is said and done, I think Lucas really did give us the story he'd (essentially) imagined all along.

So, yeah… prequel = bad. :P

Amen to that brother!

#17 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

There are a lot of things that I dislike about the prequel trilogy, but there are also a lot of things that I really like. Acting aside, the story sometimes fumbles too erratically to be plausable. But the novels - ah, the novels! And the comics! While a lot of the novels that came out under the auspices of 'A Clone Wars Novel' should be avoided, there are also some truly awesome entries. Cloak of Deception, for me, is the must-read prequel book - a lot of The Phantom Menace makes so much more sense because of this book. Labyrinth of Evil is also a firm favourite. I've not read Darth Plagueis yet, but a Luceno theme is definitely emerging here. The whole Quinlan Vos arc, from Twilight to The Hidden Enemy, is also terrific at filling in gaps and backstory. For these things, if nothing else, I have to love the Prequels comiendo

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#18 4wallz

4wallz

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Watch the documentary The People Versus George Lucas.  It's interesting and entertaining.  Star Wars rules obviously.  But he hasn't come up with any good ideas since then (Indiana Jones non withstanding of course) unfortunately.  :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS