Magical Whirlwind

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vitor_Passos_

Vitor_Passos_

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

When a player draw the magical whirlwind (i believe thats the card name in english) from the adventure deck, before its resolve, may I use the healing spell card or I must discard it?

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Vitor_Passos_ said:

When a player draw the magical whirlwind (i believe thats the card name in english) from the adventure deck, before its resolve, may I use the healing spell card or I must discard it?

As I said in another post about "at any time/as required" Spells, there's no official ruling about effects that can be done "at any time" and can be used to interrupt the course of actions.

In this case, the rulebook has some words about when you have more Spells than your Craft allows. It says you cannot cast them instead, surplus Spells must be discarded. I think it's wise and logical to do the same here, or when another character casts Nullify on you: you cannot cast Spells you've just been instructed to lose. You can only cast Counterspell or Reflection to neutralize Nullify.

Against Magical Vortex, you can cast a Spell that prevents you from encountering that card (e.g. Alteration), nothing else.

#3 Vitor_Passos_

Vitor_Passos_

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

The_Warlock said:

Vitor_Passos_ said:

As I said in another post about "at any time/as required" Spells, there's no official ruling about effects that can be done "at any time" and can be used to interrupt the course of actions.

In this case, the rulebook has some words about when you have more Spells than your Craft allows. It says you cannot cast them instead, surplus Spells must be discarded. I think it's wise and logical to do the same here, or when another character casts Nullify on you: you cannot cast Spells you've just been instructed to lose. You can only cast Counterspell or Reflection to neutralize Nullify.

Against Magical Vortex, you can cast a Spell that prevents you from encountering that card (e.g. Alteration), nothing else.

Thanks for the help

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS