• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saibot

Saibot

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Greetings!

One of my players has expressed an interest in playing an Ork Freebooter who will develop into a Flash Git. Unfortunately, Flash Gits are not one of the privded Alternate Ranks, so I will have to homebrew.

For the most part the Advances that should be available are pretty obvious (Ranged Attack Talents, the Barter Skill, etc), but I would like to spice it up by putting one or two unique Talents on the Advancement Table, like many other Alternate Ranks offer them.

So I come to you to please provide some suggestions!

Some ideas I had so far:

• Da Shootiest: Innaccurate Ork weapons do not count as Innaccurate when used by the character
  • Snazzgun Mastery: When using an Ork weapon with random Penetration the character can roll twice for Penetration and pick the higher result
  • Resozful: The character gains a +10 to Acquisition tests to acquire Ork items or services

#2 WilliamAsher

WilliamAsher

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

So far that all seems fine.  The only real question is how is the Ork getting his gear?  Is the ship going to be dealing with Orks?  If not, is it assumed the bonus is knowing what cold trade dealers will sell Ork gear?  Not a major issue, just something to think about. 

#3 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

I figure it would be the flash git hollers for a dataslate, a servomotor and some stained glass, goes behind a rock and comes back ten minutes later with a new scope for his dakka.

#4 WilliamAsher

WilliamAsher

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

So it is more of a crafting thing.  What kind of things is he going to be able to build then?  Is there going to be some sort of limit to it?  Is he going to be able to build himself a Fighta-Bomba?  Since he is not a Mekboy, you might want to set limits to personal weapons and armor, with maybe an upper limit that he needs to be aware of.  An alternative would be to say that he can build himself personal items, and can bargain with cold traders or Ork Mekboys for more extensive gear.  The +10 works out about the same as using the Black Crusade crafting rules, but the time might need to be based on size/complexity of the item.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS