Next Cycle

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Sephirex

Sephirex

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

I see Escape from Hoth has made its way to the printers, and no Star Wars LCG product is currently showing in development.

This is my first LCG, anyone know the usual amount of time before they start/announce the next 6-pack cycle?

#2 Sephirex

Sephirex

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sorry posted twice without realizing it, got an error the first time I hit submit.  

These forums are awful.

#3 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

In my experience it really does just vary. Game of Thrones often has a very quick turnaround, sometimes it feels like there is no actual break and one month will see chapter pack 6, the next chapter pack 1. Lord of the Rings, poor devil, seems to get one cycle a year, but there are all sorts of crazy things going on with saga editions and whatnot. Warhammer sometimes seemed to have some big gaps and sometimes there were only two months between the cycles. 

I would guess, if I had to, that Star Wars will see a fairly quick turnaround. At least, for now it will. Because it seems to be such a hot property for FFG, and the fact they have over a year to make up for having the license and having done nothing with it. X-Wing appears to be their flagship product in the Star Wars line, and that is having some really quick releases, the delay in wave 2 notwithstanding. So if we can expect Force pack 6 to be arriving around September time, I would be very surprised if cycle two wasn't being announced for release by xmas. 

But this is entirely conjecture on my part, based largely on half-remembered releases from years gone by, and an optimistic imagination… cangrejo

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Force pack 6 is set for August. FFG minimum product announcement minimum is 3 months. September is 3 months from now. So expect shortly the September product announcement which will either be next cycle or the multiplayer deluxe expansion.   

#5 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Here's hoping for Endor, with a new LS neutral Ewok pod in each pack. ;)

#6 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

The Gas said:

Im Personally hoping for Bespin/Cloud City.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 1xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

8xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 1xDecimator

#7 bobafett012

bobafett012

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Hida77 said:

The Gas said:

Im Personally hoping for Bespin/Cloud City.

AGREED!  and with it, a new boba fett around the han solo power level.  we got 2 vaders, a second Han is coming in the final force pack of hoth cycle, so we just need a new Boba fett and cloud city is where thats going to happen! 

#8 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Bespin would be awesome to go chronologically.  I would also like them to revisit the Battle of Yavin 4.  I know there are some core stuff that hits on Yavin 4, but a dedicated cycle that deals with escaping the death star and goes to the events of the end of episode 4.

#9 Sephirex

Sephirex

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

bobafett012 said:

Hida77 said:

The Gas said:

AGREED!  and with it, a new boba fett around the han solo power level.  we got 2 vaders, a second Han is coming in the final force pack of hoth cycle, so we just need a new Boba fett and cloud city is where thats going to happen! 

That'd be nice, but the Boba Fett objective already is Cloud City based, and most of the second version unique cards tend to be for affiliation switches.  An Imperial Navy Fett or a second Cloud City version doesn't seem likely.   Can still hope though.  Fett really got the shaft compared to Solo, especially in regards to targeted strike.  If anyone deserved the ability to attack targets in hiding from the get-go, it should have been Fett.

#10 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

It would help a lot if they'd just errata him so he can capture INSTEAD OF killing.

#11 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I would be okay with an enhancement that worked similar to Shii-Cho Training.

Welcome to the machine!

#12 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

I too would like to see the next cycle focus on the Death Star (both I and II). Maybe introduce some mechanics that deal directly with the Death Star dial.

#13 RedSquadronK

RedSquadronK

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

MarthWMaster said:

I too would like to see the next cycle focus on the Death Star (both I and II). Maybe introduce some mechanics that deal directly with the Death Star dial.

That would be very cool, I'd be pretty excited for those sort of mechanics (even just more stuff like Prep for Battle). And Decoy at Dantooine also hints at that possibility.

But in my heart, I have to hope for Endor and an Ewok deck. They have to do it some day and the sooner the better!

#14 FerroKoth

FerroKoth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

I like the idea of more ewoks, especially with their objective being so awesome. I would personally like to see more of Dagobah and Tatooine (but I expect we will in Edge of Darkness). I would also like to see some Alderaan objectives (like Rescue the Killik Twilight)- A moss painting that had appeared pretty regularly in several Star Wars novels and was a favorite of Leia. Oh and Jar Jar would be nice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                But to answer an earlier post, Lord of the Rings is on their third cycle- and not to mention 3 sub-collections. We will see something in regards to a new cycle for Star Wars in the next few days- Previews from Diamond distributers always has a section for games and Star Wars is among them.

#15 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

MarthWMaster said:

That would be pretty damn good. I'd like to see a lot of Death Star stuff, though I suppose that would be another cycle that is heavily focused around the Imperials vs Rebels, with the other factions only seeing small sub-themes. Hm. 

On a side note, does anything reverse the dial? I can't think off the top of my head. Surely it wouldn't be completely outside the realms of possibility, thematically at least, to see something like 'Lucky Shot' or something, once per game re-set the DS dial, representing the thing blowing up? Well, who knows. Maybe it'd be too overpowered, although a single card in a limit-one objective set would be preferable to having two copies of Superlaser Blast in the opposing deck. 

Sorry, I'm just typing without much thought here…

#16 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

FerroKoth said:

Oh and Jar Jar would be nice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

I hope this is a serious comment! I'd like to see Kleefe, though whether an actual Jar Jar card would be in the right place here, I don't know. It'd be funny to see the fan backlash though…!

#17 Holliday88

Holliday88

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Decoy at Dantooine can lower the dial,

North Carolina Facebook Group

Join the resource for connecting players across NC.

#18 FerroKoth

FerroKoth

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Very much a serious comment, I am one of the few loyal fans of Jar jar Binks.

#19 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

spalanzani said:

On a side note, does anything reverse the dial?

Check out False Lead and Decoy at Dantooine for turning the dial back some.

#20 videinfra

videinfra

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

spalanzani said:

FerroKoth said:

Oh and Jar Jar would be nice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

I hope this is a serious comment! I'd like to see Kleefe, though whether an actual Jar Jar card would be in the right place here, I don't know. It'd be funny to see the fan backlash though…!

I don't want to start talking about the reception of the prequel movies here, but I find it interesting that most of the people that I've come across who like the Prequels or Jar Jar Binks do so out of Schadenfreude.

I for one wouldn't mind seeing Prequel cards as long as they are in a separate game or there are some kind of deckbuilding rules that are put in place to make sure that two widely spaced time periods aren't mixed. This game already is very abstract with respect to theatres of conflict and place that I would hate to see the concept of time also go down that path. If so, I think it would just start to feel that you're playing cards with pictures on them, instead of characters, places, and events.

Personally, I think there has been more than enough non-OT stuff, especially EU in the Hoth Cycle, that the OT has even been outpaced a little bit. I think most of us want to see a lot more OT Star Wars before we start even thinking about the Prequels. Not to mention where we're at when the new sequels come out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS