• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randomblink

randomblink

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

http://meta.boardgam...autocard-window

Stackexchange has added support for the Wizards of the Coast Auto-Card window API. This allows users of stackexchange to use syntax like this [mtg:The Cheese Stands Alone] and it transforms into a link that opens an Auto-Window showing that card with data pulled from the WotC website.

Now I'm an old Netrunner fan become a new Netrunner fan become a new Fantasy Flight Games fan. Can't wait to make more money so I can check out more games (I'm a city government employee so I make barely enough to live on). I'm always interested in blogging about my favorite game, and I would love the ability to provide card images in my blog posts, maybe even links that pop open a window showing said cards.

Is there any chance that Fantasy Flight Games might be introducing this idea and an API for developers like myself to include this as, say a WordPress plugin or a Drupal module? Some way for the fans to reference cards and combos on their blogs and sites and still give FFG full control?

#2 ValeS

ValeS

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:06 AM

+1 That would be awesome !!!

#3 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Sounds great.  Cardgamedb.com has something like this but it only works on their site.

#4 Internutt

Internutt

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Sounds great.  Cardgamedb.com has something like this but it only works on their site.

Then it's a good thing that FFG own Cardgamedb then :P

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Once CGDB merges with this site that feature will exist.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS