Silly question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Must be me getting older but can the assassin when he assassinates stop a players from rolling more than 1 die to add to their attack score (eg flail, dragon hunters deathstrike etc etc).

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Uvatha said:

Must be me getting older but can the assassin when he assassinates stop a players from rolling more than 1 die to add to their attack score (eg flail, dragon hunters deathstrike etc etc).

It's not you, it's the Assassin that's getting older…like the wording of his ability.

I think the spirit of the ability was that the opponent cannot roll for his attack. No matter if 1, 2 or 100 dice. The Assassin never thought he would ever have found someone capable of rolling more than 1 die and add all results together… which is strange since he starts the game in the City…

#3 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

The_Warlock said:

Uvatha said:

It's not you, it's the Assassin that's getting older…like the wording of his ability.

I think the spirit of the ability was that the opponent cannot roll for his attack. No matter if 1, 2 or 100 dice. The Assassin never thought he would ever have found someone capable of rolling more than 1 die and add all results together… which is strange since he starts the game in the City…

I ruled the otherway at least until its FAQ because of other added editions. Strange because what happens with the Warrior he rolls 2 dice and picks the highest that was a character included in the same set?

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Forbidding effect. The other player cannot roll a die to add to his Strength. That means no dice whatsoever. I don't think it's worthy of inclusion in the FAQ!

Ell.

#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

Ah so its a "forbidding effect" would of been good to have somesort of what is a "forbidding effect" in the FAQ.

#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Can Vs. Cannot in the rulebook!

Ell.

#7 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

talismanamsilat said:

Can Vs. Cannot in the rulebook!

Ell.

Well call me a "Leprechaun's pot of gold" your right! well well glad I checked then. Must make a note of this for future games.

#8 ososober

ososober

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

can the bow be used against the assassin for a +1 die roll or does the assassin can not roll take priority?

#9 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

can the bow be used against the assassin for a +1 die roll or does the assassin can not roll take priority?

Obviously the intent of the Assassin's ability is to sneak up unawares on his victim and stab him in the back. The Flail may be used 'at the start of battle' according to the text on the card, roll 1 die and it to your attack score. However when being assassinated, you cannot roll a die to add to your Strength. Even though the wording is different, it stands to reason that the very act of rolling the die for the Flail means that you are rolling a die to add to your Strength. Therefore in my opinion a character shoud not be able to use the Flail when being assassinated (Can vs. Cannot in the rulebook). Shoot a question off to FFG for clarification!

Ell.

Edited by talismanamsilat, 28 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS