Photo

Question regarding "Places" cards and the 4 corners of the board: City, Tavern, Village, and Chapel (using the Dragon expansion for example)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skestes

skestes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

OK, so I've been looking for a rules clearification and haven't been able to find one yet. 

If you encounter a dragon scale on the City space and draw a place such as the Dragonspire what happens to the City space? I know the rules state that the cards don't interfere with the ability to enter any of the 4 corner expansions but what about the city space itself with no expansion and what happens to that "Place" card that was drawn?

#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

skestes said:

OK, so I've been looking for a rules clearification and haven't been able to find one yet. 

If you encounter a dragon scale on the City space and draw a place such as the Dragonspire what happens to the City space? I know the rules state that the cards don't interfere with the ability to enter any of the 4 corner expansions but what about the city space itself with no expansion and what happens to that "Place" card that was drawn?

First of all, there are "Draw-card spaces" and "non-draw card spaces". When Adventure Cards are moved (or drawn, because of Dragon Scales) on such spaces, the faceup cards are encountered before encountering the space.

Place cards are Adventure cards like the others (Events, Enemies, Strangers, Objects, Followers), having them on spaces that depict a place does not cancel the space below them. Dragonspire can have your character moved immediately to another space, so in that particular case you do not encounter the City space. If you're not moved, you encounter the space after the cards on it, just like the Talisman Encounter Sequence clearly represents.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS