Photo

Target Locks with a ship that doesn't have the Target Lock action…

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

With the upcoming wave 3 ships we see Colonel Jendon - At the start of the Combat phase, you may assign 1 of your blue target lock tokens to a friendly ship at Range 1 if it does not have a blue target lock token.  So the question I have is can he give these out to TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors?  The TIE Advanced, Firespray-31, Lambda-class Shuttle, and TIE Bomber all have the Target Lock action.  Since this has never had to come up with either side til now because all Rebel ships have the Target Lock action.

I figure we will see a FAQ as wave 3 comes out to answer this.  As for me I would say that he will be able to, but that's just me.

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces

SOONtir -  (6) Rebel Aces

#2 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

In the souvenir booklet that participants got when attending the Star Wars Game Experience at FFG, there is an article about the new ships, and sample squadrons for both Imperials and Rebels. The article specifically states that Jendon can pass his target locks to the Interceptor pilots, who can't normally acquire a target lock. So yes, Jendon can give a target lock to a TIE fighter or TIE interceptor.

#3 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

They may still FAQ it….since not everyone has a booklet from that.  But it is good to know that it is already out there in print that it does work that way!

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

#4 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Well, the wording on the card is pretty clear. The token is just passed, with no stipulation on whether the receiving ship can do a TL or not. This was not an issue with Garven (who is the immediate model for comparison) because everybody can do focus… If they think it needs clarification it will probably be in the rulesheet that will accompany the Lambda, rather than a FAQ entry - especially considering the fact that many questions concerning Wave 2 have not yet been addressed by an updated FAQ nearly 4 months after release.

#5 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Cool your jets dude…read the OP.

I stated I think it will work that way…..but with some that need a FAQ to even open the box I can see this becoming an issue.  I mean crap look at some of the stuff in the current FAQ.  Most of it is plain as day, but someone apparently could see it so they had to clarify it.

#6 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

I did read the OP, and I didn't mean to sound snarky. I only wanted to provide some evidence that your interpretation was correct. I know not everyone has access to the souvenir booklet so I thought I'd share a resource that I was lucky enought to have access to. No offense intended.

I do have a bit of frustration that legitimate questions regarding wave 2 have not been answered in the 4 months since it was released. I now realize that was not within the scope of the original question, and I apologize.

#7 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

They won't release a new FAQ until after Regionals are complete, if their pattern holds from other games.

#8 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

ziggy2000,

Any chance of you scanning the booklet and posting it so everyone can read it?  CAMSCANNER is free app that can turn a pic into a PDF file, then upload it or post it somewhere!!

Thanks!!

#9 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

I've scanned the relevant X-Wing article. The dropbox link is below. I'll leave it there unless FFG asks me to take it down.

https://dl.dropboxus...3Preview001.pdf

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS