Space and Time

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 teufelwolf@yahoo.com

teufelwolf@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

So how FAR is one move in the game….amount of meters?!

…und…

How much TIME is one turn?!

…Vielen Danke

#2 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well, the Xwing is 12.5 meters long, according to wookiepedia ( http://starwars.wiki...ing_starfighter ). So I would guess a 1 straight is about that far.

#3 Lickintoad

Lickintoad

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

Probably best not to think about it.  As said above, the Straight 1 roughly coincides with an X-Wing's length.  However, considering the speeds these ships are flying at, a round would be fractions of a second.

It's a system means to evoke the feeling of starfighter dogfighting in Star Wars.  it's not meant as a simulation.  It falls apart pretty quickly in that regard.

#4 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Just like a 40k game that takes 3 hours to play would take about 5 minutes to actually fight, X-Wing games that go an hour would probably take about 20-30 seconds to actually fly.

#5 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Under a parsec ^,^

#6 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

RedWilde said:

Under a parsec ^,^

A parsec is a measure of distance, not time.

#7 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

overall…just watch Star Wars and see how fast the fight scenes go…

#8 Darkheart

Darkheart

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

jetsetter said:

Well, the Xwing is 12.5 meters long, according to wookiepedia ( http://starwars.wiki...ing_starfighter ). So I would guess a 1 straight is about that far.

True, but the base moves from front to back so a starfighter moves about 25m using a move 1 while a large craft moves about 37m.

Wooki (and the old PC games )also states that an x-wing has a max speed of 100MGLT and an atmospheric speed of 1050km/h.

I can't find a definitive answer on how fast that is, so I will use wookies estimate from the PC game again of 100MGLT= 100m/s (aprox).

If we call that maximum combat speed then an X-wing has a max forward movement of a 4, so it's distance traveled would be (4x12.5 + ship length 12.5)62.5m. If that is at its maximum combat speed of 100m/s then a game round is 0.625 seconds.

Disclaimer: I am making a number of assumptions and my math may be bad :) 

#9 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

well…I can't help you with that…;-)

All I know is you can't "out slow" and Xwing….not yet anyways!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS