Jump to content



Photo

Interesting rule prob.


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Heres a poser :). Playing a talisman game with domain of dragons, got a dragon card on top of the adventure deck a player draws the dragon card as if it was a adventure card then casts stasis… What happens?

 



#2 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Uvatha said:

Heres a poser :). Playing a talisman game with domain of dragons, got a dragon card on top of the adventure deck a player draws the dragon card as if it was a adventure card then casts stasis… What happens?

Domain of Dragons instructs you to place a certain Dragon card on the top of the deck immediately when a certain card is drawn (Enemy with Strength = Varthrax card, Object = Cadorus card, Enemy with Craft = Grilipus card). The card needn't be encountered for the rule to work, so no matter if you use "Stasis" or any other effect interacting with cards just drawn.

But there's also that strange ruling in the Dragon Rulebook, page 16:

Dragon Cards
Special abilities and effects that apply to Adventure Cards also
apply to Dragon Cards but only after they have been drawn
and placed on the board.

So, the final answer is: you can't use Stasis Spell on Dragon cards.

If you want to ignore this rule to avoid confusion, as other people house ruled, then you have just to follow instructions on the Alternative Ending card: put cards on top of the deck immediately after cards are drawn.

 

 



#3 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

The_Warlock said:

Uvatha said:

 

Heres a poser :). Playing a talisman game with domain of dragons, got a dragon card on top of the adventure deck a player draws the dragon card as if it was a adventure card then casts stasis… What happens?

 

 

Domain of Dragons instructs you to place a certain Dragon card on the top of the deck immediately when a certain card is drawn (Enemy with Strength = Varthrax card, Object = Cadorus card, Enemy with Craft = Grilipus card). The card needn't be encountered for the rule to work, so no matter if you use "Stasis" or any other effect interacting with cards just drawn.

But there's also that strange ruling in the Dragon Rulebook, page 16:

Dragon Cards
Special abilities and effects that apply to Adventure Cards also
apply to Dragon Cards but only after they have been drawn
and placed on the board.

So, the final answer is: you can't use Stasis Spell on Dragon cards.

If you want to ignore this rule to avoid confusion, as other people house ruled, then you have just to follow instructions on the Alternative Ending card: put cards on top of the deck immediately after cards are drawn.

 

 

yep thats what i thought too.. Just making sure its right :).



#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

    Talisman Veteran

  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

The_Warlock said:

But there's also that strange ruling in the Dragon Rulebook, page 16:

Dragon Cards
Special abilities and effects that apply to Adventure Cards also
apply to Dragon Cards but only after they have been drawn
and placed on the board.

So, the final answer is: you can't use Stasis Spell on Dragon cards.

If you want to ignore this rule to avoid confusion, as other people house ruled, then you have just to follow instructions on the Alternative Ending card: put cards on top of the deck immediately after cards are drawn.

http://boardgamegeek...evised-rulebook

You could use my ruling on this issue!

Ell.



#5 Uvatha

Uvatha

    Member

  • Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

talismanamsilat said:

The_Warlock said:

 

But there's also that strange ruling in the Dragon Rulebook, page 16:

Dragon Cards
Special abilities and effects that apply to Adventure Cards also
apply to Dragon Cards but only after they have been drawn
and placed on the board.

So, the final answer is: you can't use Stasis Spell on Dragon cards.

If you want to ignore this rule to avoid confusion, as other people house ruled, then you have just to follow instructions on the Alternative Ending card: put cards on top of the deck immediately after cards are drawn.

 

 

http://boardgamegeek...evised-rulebook

You could use my ruling on this issue!

Ell.

Can you copy and paste the ruling? 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS