Photo

Any information about the 2 new affiliations?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Karnivor

Karnivor

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Found this in the desciption of Edge of Darkness:
Edge of Darkness is the first deluxe expansion for Star Wars™: The Card Game. Its twenty-two unique objective sets add 132 total cards that allow players to battle for the fate of the galaxy as either of two new affiliations, the dark side’s Scum and Villainy or the light side’s Smugglers and Spies.

Does anyone know the difference between these new ones and the old ones?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

They're the same affiliations we have now. This set is just their version of the core set basically. 

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, they're not really "new" affiliations.  It will just fully flesh out the Smugglers and Scum affilations so that they're as playable as the other 4.

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Also, there are rumors that the next big box will debut the multiplayer version of the game …

Welcome to the machine!

#5 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I am looking forward to seeing what FFG has thought up for multiplayer rules for SW:LCG. 

I hope that they spent more time on it than they did on the Tourney Tie Breaker rules…   :P

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#6 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

divinityofnumber said:

I hope that they spent more time on it than they did on the Tourney Tie Breaker rules…   :P

Pretty sure that's the case. They can't exactly sell a product that consists of an empty box.

#7 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

Didn't Kenner do that around Christmas time 1977?

#8 The Empire Brings Sexy Back

The Empire Brings Sexy Back

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Karnivor said:

Edge of Darkness is the first deluxe expansion for Star Wars™: The Card Game. Its twenty-two unique objective sets add 132 total cards that allow players to battle for the fate of the galaxy as either of two new affiliations, the dark side’s Scum and Villainy or the light side’s Smugglers and Spies.

they're probably galactic republic and confederacy of independent systems

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

The Empire Brings Sexy Back said:

While I am pretty sure you are being sarcastic just in case and to avoid any confusion for anyone else reading this. No this is wrong.

#10 Order 66

Order 66

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

The Empire Brings Sexy Back said:

Karnivor said:

I think its a possibility, but not on edge of darkness, rather on future expansions related to the new triology, those two will go along side jedi and sith I suppose.

#11 Muad Dib

Muad Dib

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

The 2 new affiliations will no doubt be: Gungan and Ewok.

#12 naken77

naken77

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Btw, isnt edge of darkness suppose to be released next week as latest? 

#13 Hida77

Hida77

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

naken77 said:

No, it was pushed back to sometime in July.  Release date is not set as far as I am aware, could be late July =(.

2014 Star Wars: The Card Game US Nationals Finalist

2013 Star Wars: The Card Game Worlds Top 16

8xX-wing, 5xB-Wing, 2xYT-1300, 4xY-Wing, 5xA-Wing, 2xHWK-290, 3xE-Wing, 7xZ-95, 2xYT-2400, 2xGR-75, 1xCR-90

10xTIE/LN, 11xTIE/IN, 2xTIE/Adv, 4xTIE/as, 3xTIE/Ph, 3xTIE/D, 3xFirespray-31, 3xLambda, 2xDecimator

#14 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

naken77 said:

It is still on the boat so will likely not start shipping till next week as it was put on the boat shortly after Assault on Echo Base was and that Force Pack started shipping yesterday. I expect Edge of Darkness to be an early July release with The Battle of Hoth Force pack coming later in the month as it just got put on to the boat yesterday.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS