Photo

Why don't Talabheim and Lure of the Lich Lord get discussed more?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm curious as to what you all thought about these two scenarios.  I've not seen really much of any discussions on these two scenarios anywhere.  Were they not good or what?

jh

#2 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think both were released quite late in WFRP2's publishing lifespan, which might be part of the reason. I think Talabheim was reasonably well regarded, seemed a fairly decent adventure to me. LotLL isn't very popular, IIRC. I think it's mostly viewed as an extremely lethal dungeon crawl. It was also tied to the Borderlands supplement, which a lot of people also didn't like.

#3 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Terror in Talabheim is good book. Overal information about Talabheim is good (not the best city book, but very good still). And the maps are great (bigger version were found from the Black Industries WFRP page, when it was open). The Campaign is large-scale invasion inside the Talabheim crater. Nothing escpecially new there, but we had fun. First with the invasion, then Talabheim was under the rule of invaders and heroes had to gather the defensive forces (and form resistance)… Outside the Empire forces were gathering also, but it will take months that help arrive.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#4 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Terror in Talabheim is good book. Overal information about Talabheim is good (not the best city book, but very good still). And the maps are great (bigger version were found from the Black Industries WFRP page, when it was open). The Campaign is large-scale invasion inside the Talabheim crater. Nothing escpecially new there, but we had fun. First with the invasion, then Talabheim was under the rule of invaders and heroes had to gather the defensive forces (and form resistance)… Outside the Empire forces were gathering also, but it will take months that help arrive.

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm actually hoping run the Talabheim scenario.  I use the Taalgad info for my new enemy within campaign (and one character actually made it into Talabheim that weasely-wascal'). 

Yes, the map is quite small in the book.  Here is the blown up version:

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Above is the link to our The New Enemy WIthin sessin recaps:  http://enemywithinca...Recap_6.20.2013

#7 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

macd21 said:

I think both were released quite late in WFRP2's publishing lifespan, which might be part of the reason. I think Talabheim was reasonably well regarded, seemed a fairly decent adventure to me. LotLL isn't very popular, IIRC. I think it's mostly viewed as an extremely lethal dungeon crawl. It was also tied to the Borderlands supplement, which a lot of people also didn't like.

Totally agree! Unfortunately LotLL was not set in the Empire and to see how the Border Princes supplement should have worked, which it was tied to, you only need to look at Pathfinders the Kingmaker campaign. Terror in Talabheim was a great campaign, though the start was a bit silly as was how you get in. It would be better to let characters settle into Talabheim and then watch as it is sealed off and then invaded by the Skaven.

#8 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

I was thinking of modding LotLL, which I like mostly because of the actual social stuff going outside the Lich's tomb, rather than the tomb itself, which is ok. I just wanted to sort of run an adventure that bounced between the tomb and the steadily worsening situation outside.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS