Elven Alliance Deck

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

So when i first saw Mirlonde i thought she wouldn´t be of much use but after making this deck i´ve changed my mind completely.

Glorfindel (Spirit)

Elrond

Mirlonde

Ally

Imladris Stargazer x3

Arwen Úndomiel x2

Silvan Refugee x2

Haldir of Lórien x2

Gildor Inglorion x2

Silvan Tracker x2

Mirkwood Runner x2

Henamarth Riversong x1

Master of the Forge x2

Erestor x2

Gandalf x 3 (2 Core, 1 Hobbit)

Attachments

Light of Valinor x3

Unexpected Courage

Miruvor x2

Protector of Lórien x2

A Burning Brand x2

Asfaloth x2

Vilya x3

Events

Elrond´s Counsel x3

A Test of Will x2

The Galadhrim´s Greetings x2

Mithrandir´s Advice x3

Lorien´s Wealth x2

This deck has beaten most of the quests, I have beaten PTP, JATA, THFG, CATC, THOEM, TDM, TRG, RTR, TLD, FOS and EFDG in the first attempt. I beated RTM in my second attempt and have won EFDG 1 more time. However this deck isn´t good in Heirs of Numenor. But it´s a very good deck that can beat almost all of the quets befor HON.

• danpoage likes this

#2 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

The question I always struggle with is: who gets Light of Valinor?

#3 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Narsil0420 said:

The question I always struggle with is: who gets Light of Valinor?

Well i always put it on Glorfindel so he can attack the same turn if there are any enemies. For HoN i tried putting it on Elrond but wasn´t very lucky. Sometimes i put it on Mirlonde for fun in quests like PTM so she can have her shining moment.

#4 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Digging this up to ask what would you change now with the current card pool? (Post Black Riders and Morgul Vale.) Children of the Sea and Elf Stone for example.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Digging this up to ask what would you change now with the current card pool? (Post Black Riders and Morgul Vale.) Children of the Sea and Elf Stone for example.

Those 2 cards a very useless in mu opinion……..how you can use them effective?

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#6 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

This deck is very similar with my elfs decks you can see some video on youtube where i play this kind of deck.

But i can also play against HON quests and win. Even nightmare mode as well possible.

What kind of difficulty you meet in HOM quests?

#7 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

This deck is very similar with my elfs decks you can see some video on youtube where i play this kind of deck.

But i can also play against HON quests and win. Even nightmare mode as well possible.

Is your deck list available? I missed it if so. And I would say that those two cards are situational, but not entirely useless. Probably not for a tier 1 deck though.
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#8 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

The only change i have made so far is adding 2x Healing Herbs (Rhosgobel mainly but they helped me a lot in TWitW) and replacing the 2X Miruvor with 2X Elf-Stone. I don´t find Elf-Stone useless, in fact it makes the deck go smoother. This card helps to get a bit of pressure of Vilya and Elrond and the extra point in the location is not a problem. Against HoN is not very good, i have only won PiP and with difficulty but in AtS cycle it has won all up to AOO (i haven´t played the last two with this deck). It has some good records against the other quests and it can win them in the first attempt most of the times.

#9 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

Is your deck list available? I missed it if so. And I would say that those two cards are situational, but not entirely useless. Probably not for a tier 1 deck though.

Here is 2 videos with this kind of deck

#10 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Those 2 cards a very useless in mu opinion……..how you can use them effective?

I recently made a very successful Vilya deck with Elrond, Glorfindel and Beravor, and with allies suck as Erestor, Gildor and Beorn. The bad thing is that there were many times in which I ended up drawing the cards I wanted to play with Vilya, like Beorn and Erestor and so I tried Elf stone and it fixed the problem completely. In fact it was even better in some scenarios since I ended up with Beorn in play in turn 2. Elf stone in a Vilya deck might seem redundant and unnecessary but it was actually one of the best cards in the deck.

• danpoage likes this

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#11 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'm raising the grade that I gave this deck. The OP deck was built with one core set in mind, but I don't have that restriction. Elrond & Vilya are the engine of the deck, but an early Unexpected Courage is the turbo-charger, so I went up to three of those and dropped the Mirivor. That is the biggest change, but there are a few smaller ones like three Tests of Will. I'm still tweaking a few cards and will post the deck when it's finalized. It's a deck with a lot of un obvious interactions that took me a while to learn.

I beat Journey down the Anduin in Nightmare Mode this morning and only lost one Silvan Refugee to a turn one Necromancer's Reach. Strong deck is strong.

#12 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

I'm raising the grade that I gave this deck. The OP deck was built with one core set in mind, but I don't have that restriction. Elrond & Vilya are the engine of the deck, but an early Unexpected Courage is the turbo-charger, so I went up to three of those and dropped the Mirivor. That is the biggest change, but there are a few smaller ones like three Tests of Will. I'm still tweaking a few cards and will post the deck when it's finalized. It's a deck with a lot of un obvious interactions that took me a while to learn.
I beat Journey down the Anduin in Nightmare Mode this morning and only lost one Silvan Refugee to a turn one Necromancer's Reach. Strong deck is strong.

Okay this might be a little late to reply but anyway, yeah with more core sets the deck can be stronger but since I have played with only one since the beginning I have gotten used to it. But you are right in dropping out the Miruvor's, they can feel like dead cards sometimes. Elf-Stone really helps to take the pressure off of Vilya and with the recently spoiled The Tree People you can get Haldir, Mirkwood Runner and Silvan Tracker so easily by comboing it with Silvan Refugee. Many things will change with next packs but perhaps we can make a two fully functional Noldor/Silvan decks.

Edited by Alex6222, 09 January 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#13 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

My build up to Isengard

Glorfindel (Spirit)
Elrond
Mirlonde
Ally
Imladris Stargazer x3
Arwen Úndomiel x2
Silvan Refugee x2
Haldir of Lórien x2
Gildor Inglorion x2
Silvan Tracker x2
Mirkwood Runner x2
Henamarth Riversong x1
Master of the Forge x2
Daughter of the Nimrodel added x2
Gandalf x 3 (2 Core, 1 Hobbit)
Attachments
Light of Valinor x3
Unexpected Courage changed to x3
Protector of Lórien x2
A Burning Brand x2
Asfaloth x2
Vilya x3
Events
Elrond´s Counsel x3
A Test of Will x3
The Galadhrim´s Greetings x2
Mithrandir´s Advice x2
Elf Stone x2

This deck is really strong. Absolutely laughs at Morgul Vale, but struggles with Cairo Andros because that quest starts on Siege. The rest of the Gondor quests go from manageable to easy. This is the deck I will start with for VoI. Really looking forward to putting in Tree People (I think in place of Elf Stone) and a copy of Rumil also. Hopefully we'll get the third brother too.

Regarding Rumil I've been trying to think of a build that could take advantage of his ETB effect, but I'm not us I want to bring in Silverlode Archer or Trollshaw Scout. (Which is another reason I want the third brother - I think he will be ranged.)

#14 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

am I missing something here? What is the point of using Mirlonde if you do not use all Lore?

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#15 IchabodtheShadow

IchabodtheShadow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

-2 threat is still great, considering Elrond has the highest threat so far. This team still has only 24 starting threat with Elrond, seems legit to me.
X-wing miniatures: 5 TIE/LN, 2 TIE/ADV, 3 TIE/IN, 3 TIE/SA, 2 FIRESPRAY-31, 1 Lambda-class T-4A shuttle, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290.

#16 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

That's exactly it. I thought it was a lark too, but the low starting threat allows the deck a few turns to develop its board state and then it takes off.

#17 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

meh.... you can get 24 using pipen as well, + it has a effect that can function for the entire game. Even has 2 will as she dose...

Still I see your point.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#18 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Ok. "...and she's an elf."
  • IchabodtheShadow and chuckles like this

#19 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

I do not understand what you mean by that.

#20 IchabodtheShadow

IchabodtheShadow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Silvan characters get bonuses in this deck so mirlonde is a better fit, thematically and tactically
X-wing miniatures: 5 TIE/LN, 2 TIE/ADV, 3 TIE/IN, 3 TIE/SA, 2 FIRESPRAY-31, 1 Lambda-class T-4A shuttle, 2 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS