• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pengy

Pengy

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

Hello everyone,

we had a disagreement over the rules and need to ask what is the best course of action in the following scenario:

player1 encounters the Sepulcher Spectre (Craft 1), which forces the Medusa (Craft 5) and Demon (Craft 10) to be summoned to the location as well. Craft 16 VS. Craft 4 for the player, so there was no need to roll the die for him.

Problem: player1 argues that he is only delayed 2 turns (as per Medusa Special Ability), while the three other players argues that he also loses 1 life (losing against Sepulcher Spectre and Demon).

Which would be the more right option; lose 2 turns + 1 life or either lose 1 life OR 2 turns?

We argue that the medusa ability does not become inherited to the other two spirits, while player1 says that the other two does inherit Medusa's ability.

+++ Some may question your right to destroy ten billion lives. Those that understand realize you have no right to let them live +++

#2 HAYLADY

HAYLADY

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Craft enemies do not combine in Psychic Combat like Strength enemies combine in Battle. I believe (and a veteran poster can correct me if I'm wrong) that you would fight each craft enemy in the order that they were drawn (assuming they're all the same encounter number), ending your turn whenever you lose a psychic combat.

So assuming the Demon was drawn first, the player would encounter the Demon and if he lost, he would lose 1 life and end his turn. Nothing else would happen because he doesn't encounter any of the other enemies.

If the Medusa was drawn first, the player would encounter the Medusa and if he lost, end his turn then lose 2 turns. Nothing else would happen because he doesn't encounter any of the other enemies.

If the Medusa was drawn first and the player WINS the encounter, he would take the Medusa as a trophy and fight the Demon next. If he loses to the Demon, he loses a life and ends his turn. If he beats the Demon, he would take the Demon as a trophy and then encounter the Sepulcher Spectre.

#3 Pengy

Pengy

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

That was news to me, I must have missed that entirely. But where does it say that Craft enemies does not stack? In  the core rules, it says Psychic Combat is resolved in the same manner as Battle, except the craft substitute + no object can prevent loss of life, so we have always made the Craft enemies gang up, same as Battles.

The Sepulcher Spectre where drawn first and then I assume the closest enemy spirit would be resolved second and so on. But the core rules say on page 12 that Psychic is resolved in the same way as Battle.

+++ Some may question your right to destroy ten billion lives. Those that understand realize you have no right to let them live +++

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

The player loses 1 life and then loses 2 turns. However if Medusa was fought on her own, the player would just lose 2 turns. Enemies with an encounter number of 3 stack just like Enemies with an encounter number of 2 (the other poster got that completely wrong!).

Ell.

#5 HAYLADY

HAYLADY

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

Wow, I have no idea how my group got that part wrong. Thanks for the correction, and I apologize for the confusion!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS