Core sets?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Acemclaren

Acemclaren

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

So im just getting into the game and I want to be competitive how many core sets do I need? 2? or 3? also Is it wise to pick up all 6 expansions? Thanks -

#2 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

Two is generally fine.  Three if you want to go nuts (or just pick up the copies of the singles from online if you can find it).

#3 Acemclaren

Acemclaren

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Sweet Thanks I ended up getting 3! :D  now to actually learn the game lol -

#4 Kaijudo

Kaijudo

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I would also get all the Data Packs.  The cool thing about the Data Pack's is they jave 3 copies of every card.  So you dont have to buy 3 copies of each Data Pack.

My main issue right now is sleeving everything lol

#5 Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

A cool thing about this game is the level of creativity available in deck building. In general, all cards available can be put to good use and there aren't cards that are "auto-include 3 copies" status when deck building. Because of this, I don't think it is necessary to have more than 1 core set. It used to be more useful, but there are enough data packs out now that you won't suffer much with only 1.

Having said that, I own 2 core-sets myself. There were a few cards that I wanted 2 copies of, but I also enjoy having a deck for each Faction and the 2 core-sets makes this a lot easier. If you also like making a lot of decks, then I would recommend it, but if money is tight you will be fine without extras.

#6 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

You'll know when you want to buy a Third Core Set.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS