meera vs. maester wyman

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 orion_kurnous

orion_kurnous

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hello buddies, i don´t understand why maester wyman can´t cancel the effect of meera in a character stark, can anyone explain me? thanks.

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Here's Meera Reed's relevant text: Any Phase: Bring Meera Reed out of Shadows and into play by paying the rest of her gold cost. Then choose 1 non-plot card (2 instead if it is Winter) and treat its printed text box as if it were blank until end of the phase.

There are 2 parts to this:

1. Bring Meera Reed out of Shadows and into play by paying the rest of her gold cost.
  2. Then choose 1 non-plot card (2 instead if it is Winter) and treat its printed text box as if it were blank until end of the phase.

You cannot cancel only part of an effect, so there is no way to cancel #2 alone. You need to cancel #1, but it doesn't have a target, so it doesn't fit Maester Vyman's response's play restriction.

#3 J_Roel

J_Roel

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

Another thing to note about her effect is that the controller can still kneel another influence to trigger the effect again if you do cancel it (assuming they have more standing influence).

"...and Balerion... his fire was as black as his scales, his wings so vast that whole towns were swallowed up in their shadow when he passed over head."

#4 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

J_Roel said:

Another thing to note about her effect is that the controller can still kneel another influence to trigger the effect again if you do cancel it (assuming they have more standing influence).

I dont think you are thinking of the right card… Meera has nothing to do with Influence.

#5 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Meera Reed's controller can however pay 1 gold again at a later action opportunity. The CCG version used influence (back then, gold went away at the end of Marshalling), but you needed 2 influence to put her into play (and 1 to return her to your hand).

#6 J_Roel

J_Roel

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Khudzlin, I did mean "pay gold" instead of "kneel influence"

"...and Balerion... his fire was as black as his scales, his wings so vast that whole towns were swallowed up in their shadow when he passed over head."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS