Stay on Target!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DVeight

DVeight

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

June 16th, so about a month to go if the revised target of delivery is to be expected. Havent seen/read anything about delays so hoping to see the books at our state con from one of the game store stalls. Have been having good times with just the basic begginers we have been using so eager to get hold of the core book.

#2 Leechman

Leechman

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

I certainly hope so.  Can't wait to finally have my hands on the final publish of the rulebook, and I'd love to get my hands on the GM Screen and see what they've done with it.

I just really hope that those of us down in Australia don't get shafted like we do on so many things and receive a delayed release.

#3 Endrik Tenebris

Endrik Tenebris

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Am I right in assuming that we will be able to order it directly from this website's store?

Because I'm getting the rulebook, the GM screen, and 2-3 dice sets as soon as humanly possible.  This has quickly become my favorite roleplaying system and I haven't even tried it in person yet.  

FFG Star Wars RPG Content - Periodic Updates.  Species, items, and more:  https://www.dropbox....3x57/qXerqp6BHq

FFG Star Wars Mass Effect Conversion - In Progress:   https://www.dropbox....woxz/xr0nnETGK4

#4 DVeight

DVeight

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Leechman said:

I certainly hope so.  Can't wait to finally have my hands on the final publish of the rulebook, and I'd love to get my hands on the GM Screen and see what they've done with it.

I just really hope that those of us down in Australia don't get shafted like we do on so many things and receive a delayed release.

HA-HA, I'm from down under as well. Secretly hoping that it will be the same as another new rule set that was released couple years back and Australia got it a couple weeks early as the container and ship traveling from China gets here quickly and the other one goes Europe and US, taking longer. Now assuming that the book is being printed in China. :)                                                                                                              But yes, you have reminded me that need to get the GM screen as well. Have played with two groups to date. One really enjoyed the speed of the game and the absence of arguments. You have to live with the dice results. The other, with a couple die hard D20 gamers, is having difficulty with admiting they enjoyed themselves. No matter, I have saved up and will be buying into this line. have plenty of WOTC miniatures and ships to make any type of adventure.

#5 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have a feeling we're going to start getting reports of people getting their orders any time now. Unless the container got tied up in customs or something.

#6 Gallandro

Gallandro

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Agreed, my local shop said they were expecting copies within the next week.

Yancy

#7 Kager

Kager

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Gallandro said:

Agreed, my local shop said they were expecting copies within the next week.

Yancy

wow, what country do you live in?

#8 DVeight

DVeight

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Checked with my local stores and message still is for around mid July.

#9 Leechman

Leechman

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Talked to my local store today.  While they were extremely reluctant to give an exact date, there were strong hints at it still being expected in early July

#10 Kager

Kager

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Leechman said:

Talked to my local store today.  While they were extremely reluctant to give an exact date, there were strong hints at it still being expected in early July

this was my experience as well.

#11 Darkin

Darkin

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

Looking forward to the bound big core book as well.  I have the Edge of the Empire beginner game, and I just played the Free RPG adventure on Saturday at a game store not too far from me (got the last seat, and I was an hour early).   Finally something to do with all those thousands of Star Wars minis.  Love the system and can't wait for more product.  Now I just need to find a group (one to play in, and one to run).

#12 Endrik Tenebris

Endrik Tenebris

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Just pre-ordered my book, GM screen, and three sets of dice for under 100 bucks on Cool Stuff Inc.  Awesome deal there.  I'm so excited.  I'm pretty much auto-buying the other two books as soon as they come out.

FFG Star Wars RPG Content - Periodic Updates.  Species, items, and more:  https://www.dropbox....3x57/qXerqp6BHq

FFG Star Wars Mass Effect Conversion - In Progress:   https://www.dropbox....woxz/xr0nnETGK4

#13 ajtheronin

ajtheronin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

In RPG.Net forums a banner is showing up from time to time with a July 7 date. 

I will say it is accurate because a few weeks ago there was a banner for the new Anima book with a June 17th date and that end up being accurate. 

#14 Kintaro1

Kintaro1

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Sure, but remember this is FFG we're talking about - while I love em, they ARE nefarious for saying "out next week!" and the release date then saying "sorry had to move it back 3 months." etc.

I hold hope, but not my breath, that early July is still on!

#15 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Kintaro1 said:

Sure, but remember this is FFG we're talking about - while I love em, they ARE nefarious for saying "out next week!" and the release date then saying "sorry had to move it back 3 months." etc.

I hold hope, but not my breath, that early July is still on!

Well, they're releasing weekly previews that pertain to the core rulebook once again, so FFG is at least planning on the book being on shelves in a couple of weeks.

So if there is a delay, they're almost as likely to be caught off-guard by it as we are.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#16 Endrik Tenebris

Endrik Tenebris

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Plus, several sources have reported having actual copies of the final core rule book in hand for display purposes, though other players were allowed to thumb through them.  It seems like they are just finishing the final touches, and that we'll have it very soon.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS