welcome to the third Solo Mono Challenge which will lead us to the famous little Elven community called Rivendell. But before we get there to deliver our package, we have to make our way through the mountains. And where there are mountains, there are Goblins too. Lots of Goblins!
This challenge is based on the Road to Rivendell quest. I have made some changes to increase the difficulty level, so that winning doesn't feel like a walk in the park. I'm now going to give you a list of the new rules:
1. Players build a Shadow Deck before the game starts. To do that the player searches the encounter deck for the following 17 cards to create the Shadow Deck:
- 5 copies of Goblin Spearman
- 3 copies of Mountain Warg
- 2 copies of Turbulent Waters
- 2 copies of Warg Lair
- 3 copies of Followed by Night
- 2 copies of Orc Ambush
Everytime an enemy is dealt a shadow card, the player draws from the Shadow Deck instead of the encounter deck (he still gets only one shadow card). The SD will get its own discard pile, and once the SD is emptied, the player reshuffles the SD discard pile to build a new SD (players do this only during the refresh phase).
2. It's been raining for weeks and the ground is wet and muddy. Most of the known paths are impassible.
Instead of drawing a random card during stage 1A the player searches the encounter deck for a copy of Pathless Country and places it in the staging area.
3. Stage 2B gets the battle keyword.
4. As your group flees from the Goblin cave, you cross the way of a Goblin patrol. Looks like you have to fight your way through them to get Arwen to Rivendell.
Instead of drawing a random card during stage 3B the player searches both the enocunter deck and the discard pile for one copy of the following three cards and adds them in the staging area:
- Chieftain of the Pit
- Orc Raiders
- Goblin Taskmaster
All Ambush effects on these cards will be triggered.
5. Challenge mechanics
The players build a mono sphere deck for each of the four spheres. This deck may only contain cards that have the resource icon of that sphere or neutral cards. Arwen may not be added to your spirit deck.
The player has three attempts for each deck. Each victory gives you one point. The players get an extra point each (= up to 4 points) if they do not use the following cards in their decks:
- Feint (tactics)
- A Test of Will (spirit)
- A Burning Brand (lore)
- Steward of Gondor (leadership)
The player with the most points wins the challenge!
This challenge ends on 13th July, 8 pm CET
1. Glowwyrm ~ 16 points of awesome
2. benhanses ~ 15 taletelling points
3. Narsil0420 ~ 14 astonishing points
4. Khamul the Easterling ~ 13 heroic points
4. leptokurt ~ 13 clone points
6. Pharmboys2013 ~ 8 threequarter points
Edited by leptokurt, 24 July 2013 - 02:00 AM.