• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Zerodemon

Zerodemon

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi all,

What form do you think the next expansion will take? I'm assuming a Forces of Order expansion. Which teams do you expect will make their way in to the game next?

My dream combo would be

- Amazons
- Lizardmen
- Slaan

With the unifying idea being New World races, but I can see how unlikely that would be to happen. We might end up with any 3 team combination of these four teams; Amazons, Norse, Lizardmen and High Elves.

Adam

• LinkavichChumofsky likes this

#2 Jayven

Jayven

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

When my wife and I discussed this last game we played, we both agreed on Amazons and Lizardmen for sure. The third I don't know. I was almost leaning towards Goblins but since they are not so like minded to the other two teams, I was thinking Norse. I didn't think on Slaan though, part of me thought the team dropped off the rosters in the last edition or two but I can't check that here at work easily.

Definitely though a jungle based pack would be great :D My wife and I do miss our Lizardmen (primarily played the PC game since we didn't/don't have funds for the tabletop game, yet)

• LinkavichChumofsky likes this

"You are amusing in a 'what the hell is wrong with you' kind of way." - Jaheira, Baldur's Gate Series

Tabletop Gaming Collection @ Board Game Geek / Roleplaying Game Collection @ RPG Geek

#3 Prepare for War

Prepare for War

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

I agree, a jungle expansion would be amazing!

And those three teams are interesting too. I wonder how they'd set up their niches though? A new game mechanic seems likely, in the same way that Sudden Death introduced Downed Skills.

#4 Jayven

Jayven

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Good point, I hadn't thought about what extra rules could come from those teams. I'm wracking my brain right now trying to work out what they may be but brain is currently fried from work >.>

I actually hope that FFG allow us to get new copies of the base teams to include the downed skills!

"You are amusing in a 'what the hell is wrong with you' kind of way." - Jaheira, Baldur's Gate Series

Tabletop Gaming Collection @ Board Game Geek / Roleplaying Game Collection @ RPG Geek

#5 Prepare for War

Prepare for War

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

One of the things that makes Slann less likely for me is that the role of the Slann has changed a lot in Warhammer. Agile frogmen don't really exist any more - now they're all ancient fat toads.

But if we go by the old fluff:

Lizardmen have a mix of Saurus (big guys with block who aren't very agile) and Skinks (little guys who are agile). I can see a team deck that has one star skink with sprint-sprint, and four star Saurus with block and not much else

Slann had long legs and leap in the game, and I wonder how that would translate. Sprinting ability is a given, but it'd be cool for them to have some sort of popping-up-unexpected ability.

Amazons were all endowed with Dodge. That was their shtick, more or less. Thats harder to translate into the card game.

If it were me, I'd run this set with a new rule / ability that allows flexible substitutions, or face down players, or some other such trickery. Maybe two new rules:

Concealed Plays

Any team may play a card face down. However if that facedown card becomes the target of a block, or gets the ball, it immediately turns face up. Turning face up wouldn't activate skills, and you wouldn't get to use skills when you play a card face down. Card text would have no effect while face down. Naturally in the scoreboard phase, all facedown cards are revealed before scoring.

A lot of the new cards will have a Bait-and-Switch skill, which when the card is turned face up you can immediately switch it for another player in your hand, face up. Others will have other abilities that activate on a reveal or interact with a reveal. For example, maybe Sauri block when flipped upright, but have no block skill otherwise. An Amazon or two might have a text that flips face up one of your other players at the same match up then activates their skills.

Leaping

Maybe just for the Slann, a Leap skill that lets you spend a matchup action to move a player with this skill from one matchup to another.

I'd keep downed skills out of the set, just so that remains a unique feature of Sudden Death. To make the universal "concealed rule" applicable once regardless of whether you've bought the set, I'd put a rules update in the next errata sheet presenting it as a new recommended rule.

These aren't my predictions, by the way, just what I'd do.

#6 Garthnait

Garthnait

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

My favorites for a new expansion is the "over the sea" conference with Lizards, Amazons and High Elfs. This would be a great setting and fits more then the Dark Sorcerer Syndicate.

I'd also like to see, that they put more Teams in a conference. So the Slann can be placed in this conference too later. The DSS then get the missing Khemri Team. OWA get the Pro Elfs and CWC get Chaos Dwarfs. So this would be a conference expansion.

Dices, cubic messengers of fate.

#7 MrPink

MrPink

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Garthnait said:

I'd also like to see, that they put more Teams in a conference. So the Slann can be placed in this conference too later. The DSS then get the missing Khemri Team. OWA get the Pro Elfs and CWC get Chaos Dwarfs. So this would be a conference expansion.

This….

A conference expansion is a great idea.  I'd like to see Goblins in place of Chaos Dwarves however :)
Don't mind what the other two would be, maybe an Ogre team?

#8 Jayven

Jayven

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Conference additions sounds excellent actually. I was thinking that in due time, they would be better off beefing up what they have than continually making more Conferences.

Dunno about the Goblns over Chaos Dwarves though! The more dwarves in the game, the better in my opinion :)

#9 Zerodemon

Zerodemon

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Wouldn't mind High Elves instead of Slaan (who, I admit are very unlikely, despite being an official team now.)

As for a conference expansion, I'd like to see the following additions to the existing conferences.

DSS: Khemri or Necromantic (Worth noting there are 4 undead teams in Blood Bowl, only two of which are covered in the DSS. Necromantic is a team with all kinds of Hammer Horror type beasties.)
OWA: Norse or Halflings (Pro-Elves can wait when you have Wood and Dark Elves already.)
CWC: Chaos Dwarves or Goblins (I'd like to say Nurgles Rotters or the Khorne team from the recent PC game update, or even an Underworld team, but we do need Chaos Dwarves. They'd be a really good fit.)

In my opinion, an Ogre team isn't a priority. We've got Freebooters in the Star Player decks to cover them for now (despite the lack of Snotlings.)

Edited by Zerodemon, 04 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#10 Koma76

Koma76

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

Give little guys!! ( goblins... halflings... )

#11 Oakwolf

Oakwolf

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

They can easily pick the theme of a Lustria expansion with Lizardmen, High Elves and Amazons.

• yihyang likes this

#12 PsiLAN

PsiLAN

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:43 AM

Amazons, Lizardmen and Slann sounds nice to me for a Lustria Conference ^_^

I hope we dont see High Elves before ProElves. Pro is a more interesting team by far (and was mean to substitute the first...).

I would like to see something like Norse, Pro and Halflings, which may include some rule for low armor teams :)

With all those new teams and rules core teams are a bit bored to play. Hope they print alternate cards for some positions, so this teams recover some interest.

• yihyang likes this

#13 yihyang

yihyang

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Aye aye, I am really optimistic that FFG's thought a fair bit about the expansions, by the time they released the base set.

My bunch made our dream cards of Amazons, Norse, High Elves, Bretonnians, Khemri, and even the Sudden Death trio! We still chuckle about how FFG "copied" our Regeneration, which we decided to "nerf" by reducing it to a single tackle die roll (instead of the official two).

With six whole "evil" teams over the two expansions, it's about time we give the "neutral" or "good" races a fair shake eh?  :lol:

#14 Prepare for War

Prepare for War

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

Yes! Roll on the Lustrian conference!

Given that Bloodbowl was (in fluff) invented in Lustria, I think its long overdue, and they're all "good guys" as well.

#15 kinor

kinor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

For a future expansion, i would see a new syndicate and three more new teams : the amazones, the norses (with icepelt hammerblow), and the lizardmen (with silibili).

It would be a good addition to the game.

#16 Indalecio

Indalecio

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

My only wish is that I wont have to wait 2 years for a new expansion to be released.
I don't really care about which new teams are introduced, however I would like FFG to keep releasing content for the old teams, especially for those who need it.

#17 kinor

kinor

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

It's sure that waiting for a new expansion for two years is a very hard thing !

Personnally, i would like more star players for all the teams.

Many stars from the boardgame are not included yet in the card game.

What a pleasure when you review the different star player cards and their new skills, capacities, and responses !

Concerning the new teams to come, a high elves team wouldn't be necessary, because there are already two elves teams and it maintains the balance with the two dwarves teams.

The khemris and the necromantics look like the undead, but a halfeling team, why not ?!

Edited by kinor, 09 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#18 Indalecio

Indalecio

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Actually scratch that. My biggest hope is that the future expansions will EXPAND on the game experience rather than restricting the choices of the players. I want mechanisms that diversify my plays and I want new options and ways for my team to compete with my opposition rather than forcing me to give way matchups and handing it all over to luck. I want to follow the playstyle of my team but I also want to be encouraged for giving it my own direction. After all I'm the manager. Above all I want the game to reward players for taking a risk rather than making the players dread the consequences of even the slightest play. I want punishment to be fierce but I want most plays to be worth taking the risk. I want card synergies rather than card disruption. Finally I don't want the game to take any longer time to play than what it does currently.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS