• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reborn

reborn

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Last Week I did it!!!

3 tries, and on the third I won. My team: Kate, Wendy and Rita. I cannot say how usefull was Wendy. She "stole the show". Yes, you have to be very careful with her stamina and sanity, but she is so powerfull. In the end you have Kate and Rita kind of as support to Wendy but it's a good team I think. Rita is extremely handy with the adventures with tasks that takes out stamina and sanity, and you ussually encounter a lot. The same way with adventures with terror effects, Kate is the best. On the allies side the guy with lens (don't remember his name) is really an essential factor on winning the campaing. Other important allies are the Healer, Bancroft and the Hieroglyphist. I wanted the healer but he didn't appear so I went with the girl that gives you red dice.

I think that the campaing isn't more hard that Ithaqua's but all deppends on the team and allies you choose. No one died the third time, but how ironic, Kate died on my first try and Rita on the second (both before failing completely of course). Wendy remained safe on my three runs. 

Two things:

- Investigators quantity: you have to be very careful. I think two and four aren't the number to go. 3 is the best. Maybe with Jenny but with so much terror effects and stamina and sanity losses, I really don't know.

- You have to take advantage of the desert and prepare for the interior of the pyramid when doom tokens begin to pop up and sanity and stamina decrease more. 

A very entertaining campaing!!! Well done FFG!!!

Saludos

Pablo

#2 Stanton Dowd

Stanton Dowd

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Congratulations!

Kate and Rita seem like good joices, as there are a lot of tasks with stamina and sanity losses. I do not know Wendy, do you mean Mandy Thompson?

I succeeded the Dark Pharao adventure on the first try, but I consider myself very lucky. I went with two investigators, Jenny and Mandy. I also hat the girl with the red die as ally, and another girl with a locking die skill. Both were extremely useful, but Mandy was over the top.

Sadly, I lost Jenny in the final fight. Mandy had to safe the day, and she did by using four clue tokens…

I agree that Dark Pharao is a little easier than the Ithaqua campaign (the only one I still haven't won yet).

#3 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Stanton Dowd said:

I do not know Wendy, do you mean Mandy Thompson?

Wendy Adams, the unlockable investigator from the Ithaqua campaign.

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

#4 reborn

reborn

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

reborn said:

- Investigators quantity: you have to be very careful. I think two and four aren't the number to go. 3 is the best. Maybe with Jenny but with so much terror effects and stamina and sanity losses, I really don't know.

I didn' explain myself clear. The thing is, with 4 investigators you can't have enough money and items before entering the pyramid withour risking a doom token overdose, and then inside the pyramid situation worsens a lot. With two, you are going to have enough items and trophy but… how are you going to succeed if one dies? With 3 you have a good equilibrium with these tribulations ;)

Saludos

Pablo

#5 xfoley8

xfoley8

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

I defeated the Pharaoh with 4 investigators ok (though I did lose one in the process), and on my second try.  Have't played it enough to do a thorough analysis, but I have made it to the final battle 3 times out of 4, with 4 investigators every try.  I think it's possible to build up enough stuff, even with 4, as long as you keep your allies alive, and build up your trophies to spend to use both of them- I think the best combination is the one that gives you the red die and the one that allows you to reroll as if he were a clue.  They are invaluable in the final battle.  Just keep in mind that you can only use them once each turn with each investigator.  With an extra clue or 2 I probably would have been able to beat the Black Daemon- I had a near perfect game until he showed up!

Had an interesting game with Hastur the other night- I won, but lost 2 investigators (out of 4), and yet still managed to crack 5000 and make my top 10.  First time that's ever happened.  Would have been my 2nd highest score if I hadn't lost 500 points!  I've had a few investigators turned into 'lunatics'- I wish they had artwork for each character as a lunatic instead of the generic padded cell guy, but it is perversely fun to lose a character that way.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS